Skip to main content

Get your most frequently asked questions answered here!

Have a question not in our list? Leave a comment below!

«
Page 4 of 30 ▾
»
ljb1540
ljb1540 g Leandro Barriobero
10 Post(s)
10 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

Hi I have a quick question my goal is to lose fat but im eating a lot of protein and few carbs should i eat less protein with more carbs or balance? Both protein and carbs with same equal amount depend on how many pounds i want to burn and i was watching your videos and I was wondering, if I do a routine with muscle up, will my muscle grow or it could be better to do a routine to lose weight? My weight is about 66kg right now but i have no idea how to measure my body fat. Is it possible to eat a lot of carbs and protein and gain fat?

philflorey
philflorey g Phil McAuliffe
163 Post(s)
163 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: March 3, 2013
Posted

Hi all

I'm still trying to get my head around the new website. I think that it's a great site, but am having trouble searching for friends. All jokes aside, can you search by location, rather than name?

Sorry if this has been posted in another forum.

Cheers

Eat like a man Train like a beast Operate like a gentlemen Become a legend
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: philflorey

Hi all

I'm still trying to get my head around the new website. I think that it's a great site, but am having trouble searching for friends. All jokes aside, can you search by location, rather than name?

Sorry if this has been posted in another forum.

Cheers

Hey Phil,

As of right now you can only search for friends by name or username. Do you have a few friends on here specifically that you can't find? Maybe I can help you out.

Also, are you going to the FIND FRIENDS tab to search?

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ljb1540

Hi I have a quick question my goal is to lose fat but im eating a lot of protein and few carbs should i eat less protein with more carbs or balance? Both protein and carbs with same equal amount depend on how many pounds i want to burn and i was watching your videos and I was wondering, if I do a routine with muscle up, will my muscle grow or it could be better to do a routine to lose weight? My weight is about 66kg right now but i have no idea how to measure my body fat. Is it possible to eat a lot of carbs and protein and gain fat?

Hey man!

First off, please put future posts in the WEIGHT LOSS section of the forums as a NEW THREAD. That way your post will not get lost in the midsts of all the posts in this section.

If your goal is to lose weight then you should be on a high protein diet like you are. If you can do a NEW THREAD in the WEIGHT LOSS section of the FORUMS and post your current "weight. bodyfat %, daily calories, protein, carbs, and fat" I can take a look to ensure your ratios are ok.

Also, you are a platinum member. Utilize the ROUTINES section to filter search my TOTAL BODY routines. Whe trying to lose weight you want to burn as many calories as possible and that is easily done with totalbody routines. :)

http://scotthermanfitness.com/m_routines.php

Hope this helps and I am looking forward to helping you more! #HTH

Happy New Year!!

philflorey
163 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Hey Phil,

As of right now you can only search for friends by name or username. Do you have a few friends on here specifically that you can't find? Maybe I can help you out.

Also, are you going to the FIND FRIENDS tab to search?

Hi Scott

Thanks for clarifying for me. I've been trying the search for friends option, and will keep up with that

All the best for 2014!

Cheers

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott

Thanks for clarifying for me. I've been trying the search for friends option, and will keep up with that

All the best for 2014!

Cheers

Of course man! That is why I am here! to help! #HTH Happy NEw Year!!!

philflorey
163 Post(s)
Posted

Hi all

A random question, but how is everyone calculating their BF percentage?

Are you getting assessments done at your gym? Callipers? Guessing?

I saw this online and makes sense to me. I assess myself as something between the pictures at 10-14 per cent, but I'd be keen to measure my BF percentage with a little more accuracy.

Sorry if this is in a wrong forum, but I couldn't think where else I could post.

Cheers

philflorey
163 Post(s)
Posted

Hi all

A random question, but how is everyone calculating their BF percentage?

Are you getting assessments done at your gym? Callipers? Guessing?

I saw this online and makes sense to me. I assess myself as something between the pictures at 10-14 per cent, but I'd be keen to measure my BF percentage with a little more accuracy.

Sorry if this is in a wrong forum, but I couldn't think where else I could post.

Cheers

Sorry for being such a numpty. I just found the General Discussion forum and have reposted this message there.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

haha its all good! I will search for it!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ljb1540

Hey man! Not sure if I already addressed this. But you should utilize this video to build your plan to lose weight. It will really help you! You should def be high protein, low carb.. but this video will help you figure those numbers out! #HTH

sadboy07
sadboy07 g sadeqh saleem
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: June 6, 2012
Posted

Hi,

how can i post my question on the forum ?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: sadboy07

Hi,

how can i post my question on the forum ?

Hey sadboy07,

Just pick which forum topic best describes your question and post as a new thread in that section. It is very easy! You can do it and we are here to help you! #HTH

Adawg38
Adawg38 g Aaron Henry
563 Post(s)
563 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Posted up a deadlift and squat video in the Form Check section and never got any responses. I went back in them and tried to watch the videos and they won't play. Says this video is private and I know the first day of posting the videos worked fine.

I have been training coming up on 6 years and have made some great gainz. I've done a lot of trial and error on myself as well as learned from others and through research online. I've come along way in strength and size since I've started. I will continue to learn and make myself better each day. MS Athlete/Super Hermanite BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE, BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL.
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Adawg38

Posted up a deadlift and squat video in the Form Check section and never got any responses. I went back in them and tried to watch the videos and they won't play. Says this video is private and I know the first day of posting the videos worked fine.

I will take a look!

NewBod2012
NewBod2012 g Patrick Wilmore
23 Post(s)
23 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: February 2, 2012
Posted

How do you all keep obstacles in life (namely work and friends and yourself) keep you from starting and continuining making gains? #myworstenemyisme

I'm a beginner with some gym/workout knowledge that has mostly come from friends, reading & web searching. If I don't know the answer, I'll be happy to help you find it!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: NewBod2012

How do you all keep obstacles in life (namely work and friends and yourself) keep you from starting and continuining making gains? #myworstenemyisme

Easy man, you don't listen to them and you remember why you started in the first place!

Check out this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRUhfXvVRWU

«
Page 4 of 30 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .