Skip to main content

Get your most frequently asked questions answered here!

Have a question not in our list? Leave a comment below!

«
Page 30 of 30 ▾
BDS
BDS g Brijesh Sivabalan
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2019
Posted

Cheers Scott

bobbyjames
bobbyjames g Justin Cooper
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2016
Posted

When will the next new Muscle Gain Full Program be availbale or released? Saw or heard you mentioned a new program called "Become Legendary" (may have name wrong) and just was wondering when will this workout be made avaialbe? Or is there any other new Muscle Gain Full Programs in the works that will be released within next 2 months?

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Porkmeat

Hey Scott, got a quick question about sets, reps and intensity that I can't find a concrete answer to. When I go for a weight I can do ~12 reps with, I tend to drop off significantly with the following sets (for example 12>9>7). What's the best thing to do here? Should my goal be to improve those other sets or should I alway focus on the first set and increase the weight even if I drop off like that later on. And if it's the first one, should I drop the weight for each set, increase the rest time, or something else? Thanks man, love your stuff!

@Porkmeat I suggest starting by lifting as much as you can. It's normal that your reps start to drop off after that. Either that a short rest, then finish your set with the same weight, or lower the weight if you know you're not going to hit your target number of reps for that set.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: bobbyjames

When will the next new Muscle Gain Full Program be availbale or released? Saw or heard you mentioned a new program called "Become Legendary" (may have name wrong) and just was wondering when will this workout be made avaialbe? Or is there any other new Muscle Gain Full Programs in the works that will be released within next 2 months?

@bobbyjames I'm still working on my Legendary Program, yeah! I would like to have it finished by the end of summer ideally, if I get time!

bobbyjames
bobbyjames g Justin Cooper
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2016
Posted

Ok, great. Can't wait! Need a new program and always look forward to the punishment you cook up...hahaha.

Thanks again and hopefully you get the time as end of summer would be perfect to start a program for fall.

Thanks for replying, Scott.

Porkmeat
Porkmeat g Mar Cun
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2019
Posted

@Scott_Herman Thanks a lot for the answer, really appreciate it Scott!

bjbullo
bjbullo g Blaine Bullock
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

Hey, Scott. Regarding the video you've recently uploaded about chest imbalance, I'm trying to figure out what % of my assumed 1 rep max to use in the 10 sets of bench that you suggested. For each tier you wanted us to add more weight so I'm trying to figure out what my start point should be and how much more to increase throughout the pyramid scheme reps. According to the 1 rep max calculator, my max on bench is 256. Thank you for your time!

-B.J.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: bjbullo

Hey, Scott. Regarding the video you've recently uploaded about chest imbalance, I'm trying to figure out what % of my assumed 1 rep max to use in the 10 sets of bench that you suggested. For each tier you wanted us to add more weight so I'm trying to figure out what my start point should be and how much more to increase throughout the pyramid scheme reps. According to the 1 rep max calculator, my max on bench is 256. Thank you for your time!

-B.J.

@bjbullo it's all trial and error man! I would start with maybe 200lbs - 225lbs? I'm guessing you could hit somewhere in that weight range for 10 reps?

bjbullo
bjbullo g Blaine Bullock
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

Thank you, Sir!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: bjbullo

Thank you, Sir!

@bjbullo my pleasure my man!

workoutguy
workoutguy g Patrick Fitzgerald
9 Post(s)
9 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2017
Posted

Hey Scott, thanks for being awesome resource! I need a new routine to continue building strength and endurance. Currently, I'm doing FBE and have completed PPL and Shredded Challenge. I still don't feel ready for C&R. I reviewed your Beginner's Guide post and considered doing the routine listed under Strength ~ Full Body as a way to reach my short-term goal of greater strength and endurance so I am in better shape to do C&R routine. I'm in good shape already and it's time to go to the next level, but I don't feel I have the power to do that safely. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: workoutguy

Hey Scott, thanks for being awesome resource! I need a new routine to continue building strength and endurance. Currently, I'm doing FBE and have completed PPL and Shredded Challenge. I still don't feel ready for C&R. I reviewed your Beginner's Guide post and considered doing the routine listed under Strength ~ Full Body as a way to reach my short-term goal of greater strength and endurance so I am in better shape to do C&R routine. I'm in good shape already and it's time to go to the next level, but I don't feel I have the power to do that safely. Your thoughts? Thanks!

@workoutguy I would suggest continuing with FBE - that will help you build up the strength and endurance more! If you run through it once more then you will definitely be ready for C&R! And even if you think it might be a little too much initially, you can still run through the routines for one month without doing the cheat sets. Then after that month is over, hit it HARD!

IsseG
IsseG g Isak Green
20 Post(s)
20 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2020
Posted

If I upgrade to Platinum can I cancel that anytime I want?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: IsseG

If I upgrade to Platinum can I cancel that anytime I want?

@IsseG Yes! You can change between memberships anytime!

IsseG
IsseG g Isak Green
20 Post(s)
20 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2020
Posted

Hi!

I saw this Joe Rogan podcast where this   guy said that you can train an exercise 70-75% everyday. Is this true? I have linked the podcast below.

https://youtu.be/_fbCcWyYthQ

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: IsseG

Hi!

I saw this Joe Rogan podcast where this   guy said that you can train an exercise 70-75% everyday. Is this true? I have linked the podcast below.

https://youtu.be/_fbCcWyYthQ

@IsseG I have seen this podcast episode before actually. It's the same concept as how I'm talking about training with full body training a lot now. The key is not to always go to failure because he's right, otherwise you'll be wrecked for your next session. It's an interesting concept but what he's talking about has it's place!

«
Page 30 of 30 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .