Skip to main content

Get your most frequently asked questions answered here!

Have a question not in our list? Leave a comment below!

«
Page 6 of 30 ▾
»
OmertA42
OmertA42 g Jamie Sharman
11 Post(s)
11 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: May 5, 2014
Posted

Hey Harley

If you are worried about privacy just create a dummy email account using hotmail, yahoo or if your isp offers multiple email accounts, then do one there. Then create a dummy youtube account!

You can set the video to unlisted and this will mean that only people with the link will be able to view it. Hermanites will look at the video and then comment, they aren't going to post it to reddit!!! If you get the answer to your form question, you can then delete the video from youtube if you see fit!

Once you have your video uploaded, you simply copy the link and add it to your lifts or to a forum post.

For LIFTS:
This video is by scott. It is his Full body furnace video and the link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8ayIGV3ow

After the ".com/" you see "watch?" simply copy "v=aU8ayIGV3ow" into the section that asks for a video link and then it will be created.

For FORUMS:

You simply hit the add video button which is next to the upload image button. You have the option to add the video directly, or embedd the video and youtube has share links and embedd code, You simply copy and paste like this:

And there you have it! a video attached to the forum!

For further help and advice, watch scott's video's on adding videos to your profile among other helpful tips: http://scotthermanfitness.com/siteWalkthrough.php and remember, someone may have already answered your question in this thread already, so read through the questions already asked!!!

Training to be Strong!
moyle_tom
moyle_tom g Thomas Moyle
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: July 7, 2014
Posted

Hello, so I'm looking for some advice on my macros.

im a 207 lb male and am trying to reduce my body fat %.

i eat 2400 calories a day and my macros are currently:

protien 40% (240g)

carbs 25% (150g)

fat 35% (93g)

i have been been following a strength training program over a year and made good gains in strength but have a much higher than I would like bf %. I am worried about loseing that strength as I try to cut down to around 175lb

i started trying to reduce my body fat 15 weeks ago and in that time have gone from 222lb to 207lb with very little loss in strength so I am seeing progress i am just wondering if I have my macros in a good place to achieve my long term goals.

any advice welcome

cheers

Tom

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: drogo

Hey scott! huge fan! Your workout routines are without a doubt THE BEST! I've expirenced more toning, shaping and overall strengthing in the last couple months then I have since I first maxed out my beginer gains! You sir are a genius! I've been wathcing your videos for about 2 1/2 months now and finnally decided to join the nation!

I had a quick question. If I lift heavy four days straight working chest to arms to shoulders to legs with one day of rest at the end, am I overtraining? Do I need more rest time? I was told that it takes the body 48 hrs to recover from a heavy lift is this true? I always make sure to eat enough and get enough sleep, but do I need to change my rest time if I want to see maximum gains?

Hey @drogo, it is really hard to over train. Lifting heavy for four days and then resting is a great routine. As for resting, it is different from person to person and how long you have been training factors in too. 36-48 hours of rest is a pretty good amount of time!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: OmertA42

Hey Harley

If you are worried about privacy just create a dummy email account using hotmail, yahoo or if your isp offers multiple email accounts, then do one there. Then create a dummy youtube account!

You can set the video to unlisted and this will mean that only people with the link will be able to view it. Hermanites will look at the video and then comment, they aren't going to post it to reddit!!! If you get the answer to your form question, you can then delete the video from youtube if you see fit!

Once you have your video uploaded, you simply copy the link and add it to your lifts or to a forum post.

For LIFTS:
This video is by scott. It is his Full body furnace video and the link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU8ayIGV3ow

After the ".com/" you see "watch?" simply copy "v=aU8ayIGV3ow" into the section that asks for a video link and then it will be created.

For FORUMS:

You simply hit the add video button which is next to the upload image button. You have the option to add the video directly, or embedd the video and youtube has share links and embedd code, You simply copy and paste like this:

And there you have it! a video attached to the forum!

For further help and advice, watch scott's video's on adding videos to your profile among other helpful tips: http://scotthermanfitness.com/siteWalkthrough.php and remember, someone may have already answered your question in this thread already, so read through the questions already asked!!!

Right on @OmertA42, thanks for helping @Harley1962!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: moyle_tom

Hello, so I'm looking for some advice on my macros.

im a 207 lb male and am trying to reduce my body fat %.

i eat 2400 calories a day and my macros are currently:

protien 40% (240g)

carbs 25% (150g)

fat 35% (93g)

i have been been following a strength training program over a year and made good gains in strength but have a much higher than I would like bf %. I am worried about loseing that strength as I try to cut down to around 175lb

i started trying to reduce my body fat 15 weeks ago and in that time have gone from 222lb to 207lb with very little loss in strength so I am seeing progress i am just wondering if I have my macros in a good place to achieve my long term goals.

any advice welcome

cheers

Tom

@moyle_tom, you should expect to lose some strength when cutting, but if you want to lose fat quicker you should move to a full body workout. I would recomend having one re-feed day where you eat 200-250 carbs.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: noXcuses

Hello Scott, i am not sure if this is the right place to ask my question but here goes; Today i stepped on this modern cheap digital weight scale which also calculates "whatever" percentages and it showed the folowing results; 73.9 kg for my weight and then it started calculating the "whatever" percentages which i dont know how to read. It calculated "22.6 healthy" with like a smiley face in front of it and also "56.5 healthy" with like a micro wave symbol in front of it. Do u have any idea what those percentages mean?

Hey Edwin,

I actually have no idea lol.. most likely body fat % for the first one, but no idea for the second one.

Wish I could be of more help!

parvin
parvin g parvin kumar
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Hi Scott Wish u r having a great life . I need advice regarding muscles gain and size.I am lean . Age 22, height 5'11", weight 68.4 k I have been working out since 4 months .I have very lean stomach no mass actually it makes me feel skiny. Quite improvement in chest but not much .Please advice me . My Meal plan is Breakfast- 250 ml milk,2 egg,3 banana Lunch- 1 bowl rice,100gm curd, 3 pan cackes (chapati) Dinner- 250 ml milk, 3 chapati,2 egg. Exercise- 5 days in week,5 exercise daily 3 set of each. I also want to know that should I do exercise with heavy weight for muscles gain and size.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: parvin

Hi Scott Wish u r having a great life . I need advice regarding muscles gain and size.I am lean . Age 22, height 5'11", weight 68.4 k I have been working out since 4 months .I have very lean stomach no mass actually it makes me feel skiny. Quite improvement in chest but not much .Please advice me . My Meal plan is Breakfast- 250 ml milk,2 egg,3 banana Lunch- 1 bowl rice,100gm curd, 3 pan cackes (chapati) Dinner- 250 ml milk, 3 chapati,2 egg. Exercise- 5 days in week,5 exercise daily 3 set of each. I also want to know that should I do exercise with heavy weight for muscles gain and size.

Hey @Parvin! Welcome to the site!

You need to post in the MUSCLE GAIN section if that is what your goal is, and you need to start your own new thread or else your post will get lost in the masses.

I need more information as well.

I need to know the TOTAL macros for the day you are eating. Protein, Carbs, Fat in GRAMS.

Also, list each exercise you are doing on each day with the sets and reps. The more detail you give, the more we cna help.

ONE MORE THING!!!!! IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!! Be ORGANIZED with your post.

For example:

Monday: Chest

1. Exercise 1
  2. Exercise 2
  3. Exercise 3

Like that.

Nawaf
Nawaf g Nawaf blue
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Hey scott ,
I just want to ask about the Maximum growth routine since most of it is supersets & tempo, how long should i do it ? i mean can i do for 4 weeks for example or just one? and if the answer is yes , should do it with same Exercises for the whole Duration?
my height 169cm weight 59k i have working out since almost 4 years but not continuously , however the fat percentage in my body is small i'm almost ripped but i need to work on abs and get more growth .
This is my first week of doing the Maximum growth routine , so i'm waiting for your kind feedback and if this routine is not for me please direct me for the best one for me and the duration.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Nawaf

Hey scott ,
I just want to ask about the Maximum growth routine since most of it is supersets & tempo, how long should i do it ? i mean can i do for 4 weeks for example or just one? and if the answer is yes , should do it with same Exercises for the whole Duration?
my height 169cm weight 59k i have working out since almost 4 years but not continuously , however the fat percentage in my body is small i'm almost ripped but i need to work on abs and get more growth .
This is my first week of doing the Maximum growth routine , so i'm waiting for your kind feedback and if this routine is not for me please direct me for the best one for me and the duration.

Hey @Nawaf, great question.

You can do it for 4 - 6 weeks. But even then if you see growth from this program, its okt o keep doing it.. just after 4 - 6 weeks try to switch around the exercise order or change out a few exercises. Mainly, if the slow tempo works, keep the slow tempo, just change up the exercises. #HTH

Nawaf
Nawaf g Nawaf blue
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Thanks a lot Scott,

Just one last question.. I'm planning to continue this routine for 4-6 weeks then I change it to your workout routine ( my workout ) videos , I find it really great and clever routine, should I go for it ?

Thanks,,

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Nawaf

Thanks a lot Scott,

Just one last question.. I'm planning to continue this routine for 4-6 weeks then I change it to your workout routine ( my workout ) videos , I find it really great and clever routine, should I go for it ?

Thanks,,

Of course man! Try it and see how it works for you!! #HTH

bhaveshm1994
bhaveshm1994 g bhavesh malhotra
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2014
Posted

Hey scott

You are just amazing and your tips are really crazy. Big time follower. And thanks for all the videos so far.

When I started working out I was fat so my workout was designed for muscle gain and fat loss

So I used to start off with light weight and would go up to the heaviest weight in the 4th or the 5th set

Now im used to that and its becoming an obstacle and I cannot lift heavier coz by the time I reach the heavy weights im already exhausted.

On the other hand if I start with the heavy weights, I can lift but cant feel it in the muscles.

Pls reply and thank you so much for everything

and i dont count my macros i just try eating clean

Btw im a youtuber too.

Bhavesh Malhotra.

totalflex
totalflex g raul guerra
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

i looked at your how to do a dumbell bent over raise. very helpful. thanks. and i've been doing them for a while but sometime i feel like im doing them wrong. working out my back instead of shoulders. i've heard about that mistake.... do you think you could ever do a video showing the mistakes done in that workout? that make you work the back instead of shoulders. and show the differences between the right form and bad one? Thanks

noXcuses
noXcuses g Edwin Meijer
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Maintain Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

Let me see if i get this right

Are some of the members on this site automatically my friends?

Oh and can anyone please explain what "forum credentials" are? It's part of my profile but what to do with it?

crood
crood a Chris P.
467 Post(s)
467 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted
Posted By: noXcuses

Let me see if i get this right

Are some of the members on this site automatically my friends?

Oh and can anyone please explain what "forum credentials" are? It's part of my profile but what to do with it?

about 1)

yes some people are automatically added to ensure easier contact. Such as Scott, and Erica themselves and f.i. the super hermanites.

about 2)

the forum credentials is equals to your "signature", what you write in there will appear underneath your posts on the forum.

(as you can see under my post the words "you will get nowhere if you don't move :) -crood-")

So just type some expression, or something that suits you there, and it will appear below every of your posts.

Admin + MS Athlete You will get nowhere, if you don't move :) - crood -
«
Page 6 of 30 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .