»
jcgadfly
jcgadfly g Jeff Craft
192 Post(s)
192 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: May 5, 2015
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

probably mid afternoon latest! haha

Cool. That will give me time to print it out. Thanks.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care. I'm an eternal rookie - As soon as I stop learning I start dying.
gmdgeek
gmdgeek p Gerald Davis
88 Post(s)
88 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2015
Posted

Less than a day to go ... did all the prep I can do ... shopping - got the basics until I learn more on nutrition, shoes (yes good shoes make a huge difference - I have hobbit feet so I went with New Balance Wide and these are the sweetest most comfy shoes I've ever worn!), and even mapped out time in morning and evening for hitting the gym. My wife knows the next 12 weeks I am digging in on this and is 100% supportive.

My concern is I don't have the whole nutrition thing down. For my body type I know protein is my first focus then some fats and carbs... but I have a lot to learn and don't want to just follow a food plan that I don't understand. So expect a lot of questions regarding figuring out nutrition.

Lets get it done!

www.getfit40.net - personal fitness blog
gmdgeek
gmdgeek p Gerald Davis
88 Post(s)
Posted

Less than a day to go ... did all the prep I can do ... shopping - got the basics until I learn more on nutrition, shoes (yes good shoes make a huge difference - I have hobbit feet so I went with New Balance Wide and these are the sweetest most comfy shoes I've ever worn!), and even mapped out time in morning and evening for hitting the gym. My wife knows the next 12 weeks I am digging in on this and is 100% supportive.

My concern is I don't have the whole nutrition thing down. For my body type I know protein is my first focus then some fats and carbs... but I have a lot to learn and don't want to just follow a food plan that I don't understand. So expect a lot of questions regarding figuring out nutrition.

Lets get it done!

__ae__
__ae__ g Arsalan Elahi
4 Post(s)
4 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2014
Posted

Hey Scott will there be any nutrition guide for this transformation?

__ae__
__ae__ g Arsalan Elahi
4 Post(s)
4 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2014
Posted

Hey Scott will there be any nutrition guide for this transformation?

Ron501
Ron501 g Ron van Biezen
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Scott what do i need to get on my supp-shelf?
BCAA?
Protein?
Creatine?

Facebook atlete page: https://www.facebook.com/Ron-Oldie-van-Biezen-1484710408410964/
Flynny88
Flynny88 g Jamie Flynn
6 Post(s)
6 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2015
Posted

Recently joined the forum and opted to go for the platinum membership to maximise the chances of me making a decent transformation.

I recently joined the gym around 8 weeks ago, invested in a personal trainer and have noticed slight changes taking place already. I don't feel like I'm benefiting from the sessions anymore as the trainer seems to adlib my workouts rather than being prepared. I'm hoping that this kind of approach will allow me to achieve my goals. Super excited to make a change and start 2016 healthy and fit.

I may need some help navigating my way to find the excersies etc so your help would be much appreciated

In terms of signing up for the contest, is me being a platinum member all that is required?

Jack2691
Jack2691 g Jacques
26 Post(s)
26 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Flynny88

Recently joined the forum and opted to go for the platinum membership to maximise the chances of me making a decent transformation.

I recently joined the gym around 8 weeks ago, invested in a personal trainer and have noticed slight changes taking place already. I don't feel like I'm benefiting from the sessions anymore as the trainer seems to adlib my workouts rather than being prepared. I'm hoping that this kind of approach will allow me to achieve my goals. Super excited to make a change and start 2016 healthy and fit.

I may need some help navigating my way to find the excersies etc so your help would be much appreciated

In terms of signing up for the contest, is me being a platinum member all that is required?

First off, Welcome to the forums.

There's a lot of helpful people here. So it's a good way to start.

Also for the 12week Challenge, read the rules here: http://muscularstrength.com/twelve-week-transformation-challenge-rules

You can have gold or platinum membership, but I suggest to read the all the rules.

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Umrdemp

Hello Group. This is my first fitness challenge and I am exiceted to get started. I have been overweight for all of my adult life and decided that it is time to do something about it. I stated at 260lbs and now down to 233 with about 26% bodyfat. My goal is to reduce my body fat to 16% or lower by the end of this challenge. Thanks for the help and good luck to everyone. I have tons of questions.

Dempsey

I bet you are going to do a great job man! Have you made your meal plan yet? IF you login to the site from your phone you can download the meal plan app too so you can do it all from your phone!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: gmdgeek

Lets get it done!

What are your current macros right now?

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
ImitationHERO
ImitationHERO g Daniel Reed
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2015
Posted

Hey guys!

I was wondering if there's a date when the photo's need to be uploaded for the 12 week Challange?

I've been quite busy with family over the holidays and haven't had the chance to take them yet but I will be taking them tomorrow.

Comp starts on my birthday, so thanks for this wonderful gift Scott. ;)

RichDavis89
RichDavis89 g Richard Davis
40 Post(s)
40 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: December 12, 2015
Posted

I took my today due to me being busy.

RichDavis89
RichDavis89 g Richard Davis
40 Post(s)
40 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: December 12, 2015
Posted

I don't think taking them tomorrow will be problem mate. But at the end of this challenge I think it's more stricter with the deadline

ImitationHERO
ImitationHERO g Daniel Reed
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2015
Posted

Yeah. That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.
Thanks for saying. I apprecaite it. =)

haydenmurphy
haydenmurphy g Hayden Murphy
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: January 1, 2016
Posted

Oh.... it is going to be a CLEAN BULK.. SHREDDED ABS!

I have already been testing the program.. The results are good!

Hey Scott! Me and My husband are doing the challenge together and we are pumped! We were wondering if the 12 week challenge includes a meal plan or a layout of what our diet should be or if we need to use the build a meal plan option on our profiles?

Thanks!

gmdgeek
gmdgeek p Gerald Davis
88 Post(s)
Posted

What are your current macros right now?

Currently Average for Daily Macros:

Protein 200g
Fat 80g
Carbs 110g

Most of my carbs come from beans, green veggies, sweet potatoes ...

«
Page 5 of 35 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .