Page 3 of 6 ▾
»
RilwanG
RilwanG g Rilwan Gbadamosi
51 Post(s)
51 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2018
Posted

okay got my average weight now thank you

My gym closes 2nd next month so i wont bulk just yet i may just try to lose a bit more weight

Another important point i tried your recent workout with just pullups and t bar row i have to say holy sh** my back was aching for three straight days. Now i kinda want to make it my main workout for back as ive shyed away from pullups for a while what i did was jump up and control it on the way down for 3 sets 6 reps was ded at the end this come into play with my weight i noticed the heavier i am i cant do any pull ups maybe one but when i was 79 kg i could do like 6 proper ones.

I will try a bulk again after my gym reopens and yes i think i was consuming too much diary made feel sluggish and weak also ive smashed that plateu i had now on 22.5kg form dumbell press after no diary for 2 days but i wont completly cut it out just reducing it

With training now chest 2x back 2x triceps 2x biceps 2x shoulders 1x legs 1x

a week?

i dont have amazing legs but they are pretty big i will train them but how many would you days would you recommend id rather just tone them instead of adding muscle

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Is the app on iphone yet?

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: RilwanG

okay got my average weight now thank you

My gym closes 2nd next month so i wont bulk just yet i may just try to lose a bit more weight

Another important point i tried your recent workout with just pullups and t bar row i have to say holy sh** my back was aching for three straight days. Now i kinda want to make it my main workout for back as ive shyed away from pullups for a while what i did was jump up and control it on the way down for 3 sets 6 reps was ded at the end this come into play with my weight i noticed the heavier i am i cant do any pull ups maybe one but when i was 79 kg i could do like 6 proper ones.

I will try a bulk again after my gym reopens and yes i think i was consuming too much diary made feel sluggish and weak also ive smashed that plateu i had now on 22.5kg form dumbell press after no diary for 2 days but i wont completly cut it out just reducing it

With training now chest 2x back 2x triceps 2x biceps 2x shoulders 1x legs 1x

a week?

i dont have amazing legs but they are pretty big i will train them but how many would you days would you recommend id rather just tone them instead of adding muscle

OK man, the choice to bulk or cut is totally up to you!

Awesome man, such a great workout right?! You can use that as your back routine for a while, definitely. And it makes sense that pull-ups are harder when you are heavier, because you have more weight to move - it's like adding more weight to a bar right, it's harder and you have to get stronger to accomodate the extra load.

I would still train everything twice. Legs included. If you want to 'tone' more than anything, that will come down mostly to losing fat. But if you literally don't want to add more muscle, just train them for stimulation, not muscle breakdown.

And the app has been submitted for approval - shouldn't be far away from launching! Get on the exclusive list to be the first to try it out! https://newapp.muscularstrength.com/

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Alright at the end of july i will begin my bulk since my gym will be closed and ill start prepping in advance.

Yes that workout is amazing and i feel it for like 3 days, could i also do chin up or chin ups with hammer grips noticed im stronger on those.

And alright will try and hit all 2x a week, once again thank you and looking for to your next vid.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Alright at the end of july i will begin my bulk since my gym will be closed and ill start prepping in advance.

Yes that workout is amazing and i feel it for like 3 days, could i also do chin up or chin ups with hammer grips noticed im stronger on those.

And alright will try and hit all 2x a week, once again thank you and looking for to your next vid.

You can switch up your grip with the pull-ups, definitely. But try to work on a variety of grips so you get stronger with each one.

Hitting everything twice a week will be great! You are very welcome my friend 😊 

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Will do, just prep for bulking for bigger muscle groups like chest and back i usually do 5 sets example dumbell bp, incline db press and cable flys all 5 sets what is a good set range for smaller groups triceps,shoulder,biceps and forearms.

AlphaDestiny
AlphaDestiny p Alexander Leonidas
101 Post(s)
101 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2017
Posted

Will do, just prep for bulking for bigger muscle groups like chest and back i usually do 5 sets example dumbell bp, incline db press and cable flys all 5 sets what is a good set range for smaller groups triceps,shoulder,biceps and forearms.

Hey RilwanG,

5 sets per exercise is pretty solid, and that routine should work fine. For the smaller muscle groups you can use similar sets/reps or you can mix it up a little bit. I like 3x15, 3x20, 5x20, 4x25, 3x3, 3x10, 4x12, etc for those muscle groups. But there are many different approaches my friend! As long as you're making progress the sets/reps won't make or break you.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Lots of good options from Alex!

I personally like to choose 1-2 exercises for smaller muscle groups like biceps, triceps and shoulders, and just hit them with higher sets. So I might do 6-8 sets of a barbell bicep curl and 6-8 sets of a close-grip preacher curl, and that would be enough for my biceps.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: AlphaDestiny

Hey RilwanG,

5 sets per exercise is pretty solid, and that routine should work fine. For the smaller muscle groups you can use similar sets/reps or you can mix it up a little bit. I like 3x15, 3x20, 5x20, 4x25, 3x3, 3x10, 4x12, etc for those muscle groups. But there are many different approaches my friend! As long as you're making progress the sets/reps won't make or break you.

I see i see will take that into consideration, Thank you AlphaDestiny and much love.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Lots of good options from Alex!

I personally like to choose 1-2 exercises for smaller muscle groups like biceps, triceps and shoulders, and just hit them with higher sets. So I might do 6-8 sets of a barbell bicep curl and 6-8 sets of a close-grip preacher curl, and that would be enough for my biceps.

Yeah i like the sound of that so im not constanty hopping from one to another, much love.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Yeah i like the sound of that so im not constanty hopping from one to another, much love.

Yeah that's it man! Stick to the basics and do more of them. Gains all day!!! 💪 

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

yeah will do, what would you recommend for knee strengthing i seem to trigger it when landing heavily on it or awkardly and local gp said i have weak glutes and should do some leg strenghting stuff

Zeke_BE
Zeke_BE g Brandon Ellsworth
55 Post(s)
55 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2017
Posted

I can never hit 200 grams of protein too. But with a 3-4 protein shakes no problem. Take one in the moring, after a work out, when I get home from work, and before I go to bed I can usually it those numbers.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

yeah will do, what would you recommend for knee strengthing i seem to trigger it when landing heavily on it or awkardly and local gp said i have weak glutes and should do some leg strenghting stuff

If you have weak glutes, then do squats, glute bridges, deficit deadlifts (both of which I talked about in a video I just posted which I will link to), as well as things like step-ups and lunges too.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

how convinient so could those 3 exercises be for my leg day?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

how convinient so could those 3 exercises be for my leg day?

@RilwanG Well.. I would do the deficit deadlifts on your pull day, so you can still squat on leg day and go fairly hard on both exercises. But yes you can do the glute bridges on your leg day! What was the 3rd exercise you were referring to.. ?

«
Page 3 of 6 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .