«
Page 4 of 6 ▾
»
RilwanG
RilwanG g Rilwan Gbadamosi
51 Post(s)
51 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2018
Posted

was referring to the deadlifts, now its just how to sort this all out for a 4 day split usually spend 2hours or less in the gym

back/ biceps/abs/legs

back/biceps/abs/ shoulders

chest/triceps//abs legs

chest/triceps/abs/shoulders

this is what i came up with

Back- Tbar tow/ assited pull up/ rack pulls/ 5sets 8-10 reps each

shoulders- military press/lateral raise and rear dealt row 3 sets 10-12 or 12-15 reps

Biceps- barbell curl and close grip preacher curl 8 sets 8-10 reps and 4 sets for close grip

could i fit in deficit deadlifts and take something out?

and abs it better to do for example leg raises i did as much as i could within 30 seconds then 45 then 1 minute intead of aiming for 12 reps

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: RilwanG

was referring to the deadlifts, now its just how to sort this all out for a 4 day split usually spend 2hours or less in the gym

back/ biceps/abs/legs

back/biceps/abs/ shoulders

chest/triceps//abs legs

chest/triceps/abs/shoulders

this is what i came up with

Back- Tbar tow/ assited pull up/ rack pulls/ 5sets 8-10 reps each

shoulders- military press/lateral raise and rear dealt row 3 sets 10-12 or 12-15 reps

Biceps- barbell curl and close grip preacher curl 8 sets 8-10 reps and 4 sets for close grip

could i fit in deficit deadlifts and take something out?

and abs it better to do for example leg raises i did as much as i could within 30 seconds then 45 then 1 minute intead of aiming for 12 reps

Maybe do the deadlifts instead of rack pulls if that's your main focus right now. You can always do rack pulls on another day if you can fit it in.

Doing hanging leg raises for time instead of reps is OK, but then you might just be trying to bang them out as fast as possible. I would rather you had a rep range to aim for and work on making sure you're activating your abs properly, not just swinging your legs as fast as you can.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

okay thats sorted and is cable fly or dumbell fly which is more effective?

saw that podcast you did the other day and it spoke volumes to me man i really appreciate the things you and the others do for the community

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

okay thats sorted and is cable fly or dumbell fly which is more effective?

saw that podcast you did the other day and it spoke volumes to me man i really appreciate the things you and the others do for the community

Both fly options are good - maybe mix it up week to week. Cable fly one week, dumbbell fly the next. Cables are best if you are planning to do low-to-high or high-to-low flys. If you're just doing normal flys, go with dumbbells.

Glad you enjoyed the podcast man! I think it was a really important topic to cover and it seemed a lot of people agreed with what we were saying! I do my best to look after my community!

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Yeah Totally agree, ive calculated my macros for my weight 84.5kg (2604-2854) 361g carb 186g protein 75g fat- is carbs too much?

so on the day i workout i aim to hit that and going 150-250 which is 2,854 when you say that would that be going +5 for all macros or maybe having more protein on that day so 200g of protein on the day i work out

and on the days i dont work out 2604 which is maintainance

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Yeah Totally agree, ive calculated my macros for my weight 84.5kg (2604-2854) 361g carb 186g protein 75g fat- is carbs too much?

so on the day i workout i aim to hit that and going 150-250 which is 2,854 when you say that would that be going +5 for all macros or maybe having more protein on that day so 200g of protein on the day i work out

and on the days i dont work out 2604 which is maintainance

You can stick with those carbs for now. Being younger you should still have a pretty high metabolism, and be at a point where you can burn through them more easily.. hopefully haha.

If you notice you're gaining too much fat, then dial the carbs back. For now, just reduce them to maybe 250g on your rest days, and increase protein and fat to still get 2600 calories.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

update higher carbs have been great i dont feel like death everymorning now and have decided to go back to a 3 day split back on the bulk cleaned out 95% still ocassionally have something like a takeaway but diets been on point lately am going for a 500cal surplus and with 250 my weight has just stayed the same and im not feeling tired or drained before and during a workout

Now i really dont want to mess up again

for chest is it fine to to have like on chest day where it barbell bench press then incline barbell and isolation then on leg day i can do dumbells with isolation at the end i have been avoiding the bench press if im honest so would like to know if that would work

also noticed no soreness after workouts like during baso dying aand my body is literally shaking but the next day nothing, usually i get doms the next day

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

update higher carbs have been great i dont feel like death everymorning now and have decided to go back to a 3 day split back on the bulk cleaned out 95% still ocassionally have something like a takeaway but diets been on point lately am going for a 500cal surplus and with 250 my weight has just stayed the same and im not feeling tired or drained before and during a workout

Now i really dont want to mess up again

for chest is it fine to to have like on chest day where it barbell bench press then incline barbell and isolation then on leg day i can do dumbells with isolation at the end i have been avoiding the bench press if im honest so would like to know if that would work

also noticed no soreness after workouts like during baso dying aand my body is literally shaking but the next day nothing, usually i get doms the next day

@RilwanG That's great to hear you are back on track and feeling better with your calories now man! I knew having more food would be good for you 😁 

If you want to get a bit more frequency and volume in for your chest, yes you can add a bench press variation to the end of your leg workout. If you're training chest multiple times a week, try to do a bit of dumbbell and barbell pressing. If doing some chest work AFTER legs means you would be training chest 3 times per week, probably do 2 dumbbell pressing sessions and one barbell if your main goal is building muscle.

If you're not getting DOMS, it's probably just that your body is getting used to your training. Doesn't mean you aren't growing!

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

update 2 lol feeling great and been fairly consistent. my arms are covered in veins and i love it

any suggestion for traps as racks pulls i didn't really understand no sores or anything even with 100kg

and i had to switch from t bar row to bent over rows as my gym don't have the grips

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

update 2 lol feeling great and been fairly consistent. my arms are covered in veins and i love it

any suggestion for traps as racks pulls i didn't really understand no sores or anything even with 100kg

and i had to switch from t bar row to bent over rows as my gym don't have the grips

@RilwanG You can also do shrugs (dumbbell or barbell) and upright rows for your traps! Those are two of my other favorite exercises to do!

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Got it, I've gone from 84.5 kg to 84.8 since 4th August is that good I assume so, I'm not looking like a whale or anything do i increase macros by 10%

ps: looking for an ab routine

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Got it, I've gone from 84.5 kg to 84.8 since 4th August is that good I assume so, I'm not looking like a whale or anything do i increase macros by 10%

ps: looking for an ab routine

@RilwanG I would increase your macros a little bit. Your gains are obviously lean at the moment.. but you could afford to gain maybe 0.5lbs - 1lb per month while keeping it fairly lean!

Did you see my ab video yesterday?

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Like you read my mind lol,

so do i add more carbs?

2,630 maintenance 330/198/60 C/P/F

3,130 On days i train 390/235/70

also im now only able to train just 3 times in a week

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Like you read my mind lol,

so do i add more carbs?

2,630 maintenance 330/198/60 C/P/F

3,130 On days i train 390/235/70

also im now only able to train just 3 times in a week

@RilwanG I'd suggest you add more fats. Carbs are probably high enough.. maybe take them to an even 400g. Or, maybe you can increase your calories a little bit on your off days depending on how low they are at the moment?

What are your rest day calories?

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

My maintenance calorie is for my rest days and okay will increase carrrrbbsss

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

My maintenance calorie is for my rest days and okay will increase carrrrbbsss

@RilwanG Try to stay in a slight surplus every day. So eat a little more than maintenance on your rest days.

And remember you only need to increase your current calories if you're not gaining at all, or not much. If you're only gaining 0.3lbs per month, then increase them a little bit 💪 

«
Page 4 of 6 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .