Page 2 of 6 ▾
»
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: RilwanG

thank you scott and i dont do squats as once in a while after doing quite alot of running my knees start to hurt when i am in a sitting position and walking really or when i land heavily it triggers it but i try to start squating since i kinda maxed out the leg press lol. Also will remove one exercise from triceps once again thank you so much i really appreciate it.

Oh so you have knee pain. Have you been to see anyone about it? If you're getting it from running there might be some issues going on in there that need looking at by the right people. Hopefully you can get it sorted so you can start squatting! And glad I could help 😊 

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
RilwanG
RilwanG g Rilwan Gbadamosi
51 Post(s)
51 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2018
Posted

Man how do you get through those days when you feel like crap, aslo my gp said i may have weak glutes and all the stress when i do intensive sports goes on my knees which surpises me

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Also my workout today i felt kinda dead is that normal?i did take a weeks break also for bulking i am at 90kg now haven't seen too much changes but im getting stretch marks on by forearms and biceps is it posible this may sound stupid could i do intermitent fasting while bulking

Rackpulls-can you do it below the knees?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Also my workout today i felt kinda dead is that normal?i did take a weeks break also for bulking i am at 90kg now haven't seen too much changes but im getting stretch marks on by forearms and biceps is it posible this may sound stupid could i do intermitent fasting while bulking

Rackpulls-can you do it below the knees?

Not every day will be your best workout. We all have bad days. You just have to give it as much effort as you can, then forget about that workout and move on to the next one.

It's normal to feel a little 'off' after taking a week's break. It might take a couple of days to get back into the swing of things. If you are getting stretch marks that could be a sign of gains!

You can do intermittent fasting.. just keep in mind that it will be harder to fit all of your calories for bulking into a smaller window. If you can still stay in a surplus, that's fine. If you find that the window is too small for you to get enough food in, then I would skip IF.

Yes you can do rack pulls below the knees, just keep in mind you won't be able to go as heavy as above the knee rack pulls.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

I eat in big amounts so its not too much of a problem for me and on days i train i should go atleast 200 over my normal calorie intake and on days i dont do i do the same or just stick to the normal calorie intake

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I eat in big amounts so its not too much of a problem for me and on days i train i should go atleast 200 over my normal calorie intake and on days i dont do i do the same or just stick to the normal calorie intake

Yes on days you train, you want to be in at least a 200 calorie surplus. Somewhere between 250-500 calories above your BMR in motion is good. On your off days, because you are bulking, you should probably just eat the same, but reduce the carbs. Maybe 100-200 calories less than what you eat on your workouts days at the most.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

okay got it and right now my macros was 50/20/30 should i keep it like that or change it to 40/30/30 Carb/protein/fats

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

okay got it and right now my macros was 50/20/30 should i keep it like that or change it to 40/30/30 Carb/protein/fats

Probably better to go 40/30/30, but to be honest I don't work too much through ratios.. I prefer to go by things like 1.5g protein per pound of lean body weight, 0.3-0.6g fat per pound of lean body weight, and then add in carbs from there. Typically go on the higher end for protein and fat so you don't have to overload on carbs. It depends on the person though.

You might be able to have 50% of your calories from carbs and not gain fat, especially while you are young. For me, nowadays, I don't really like to have that many carbs or I start to hold more fat around my waist/torso.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

mm yeah but i think i wanna do per pound of lean body weight as its quite hard to get in 210g of protein lol

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

what would you suggest for a 4 day split and would you say if i had 50% carbs i should always try to hit it maybe atleast hit 2/3 of it

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

what would you suggest for a 4 day split and would you say if i had 50% carbs i should always try to hit it maybe atleast hit 2/3 of it

You have a few options really.. you could go Push, Pull, Legs, Shoulders/Arms. Or you could go Upper/Lower/Upper/Lower.. or Push/Pull/Push/Pull. Those are some examples. Do you think you respond better to more frequency, or more volume? If it's more frequency, something like Upper/Lower would be good. But if it's more volume, then doing a variation of Cheat & Recover wouldn't be a bad idea! https://muscularstrength.com/cheat-and-recover

Not sure what you mean about your carbs? What do you mean 2/3 of it? 2/3 or 50%.. ?

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

hey im changing things up and decided to stop bulking for now weight has dropped down to round 86kg and will stay at maintaince calories for now so i saw some muscle gains and strength overall chest and mid section not too much changed, what would you suggest for mini bulking and how would you go about it

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

hey im changing things up and decided to stop bulking for now weight has dropped down to round 86kg and will stay at maintaince calories for now so i saw some muscle gains and strength overall chest and mid section not too much changed, what would you suggest for mini bulking and how would you go about it

Hey @RilwanG. Do you mean what would I suggest for mini cutting? Because you said you are going to stop bulking now? I don't believe in mini-bulking, unless you need to constantly be photo-shoot or competition ready. Aside from those circumstances, mini-bulking isn't a good idea, because to have a successfull bulk, you need to be in a surplus for a good amount of time. I would say ideally 3 months minimum. Going for 6-12 months would be even better.

Now mini-cuts, they are OK, as long as they're not done too often to disrupt your bulk. A mini cut would be about 2-4 weeks just to trim down a little bit every few months.. but if you are doing lean gains while bulking, you shouldn't have to worry about mini-cuts really. You should be able to go on a long bulk, and then trim off whatever fat you need to in 8-12 weeks after that.

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Id say ive responded to volume with the whole doing more sets for each exercise and i really enjoyed it as i saw progress but with dumbell bench press been at a plateau between 17.5 kg and just barely hitting 6 reps of 20kg.

My biggest problem is im pretty sure im skinny fat mainly back,chest and abdominal area which is the worst part

Ive tracked my weight for a couple of days

88kg, 87.2kg, 87kg, 87.3kg, 86.5kg, 87.2kg, 85.1kg (lowest), 85.6kg, 86.2kg, 86.4kg, 85.8kg, 86.0kg and 85.8kg

what would my average be? with this should i bulk again or stay at maintaince with body recomp

Alright baso i had ramadan and ive got 1 more day to do. so i think ill do a push/ pull/ push/ pull

Chest /shoulder/ triceps

Back /shoulder/ triceps

chest /tricep/ legs/ abs

Back /bicep/ abs

is this fine or too much

RilwanG
51 Post(s)
Posted

Alsi i just watched a video about diary and i think this may have something to do with me looking puffy

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Id say ive responded to volume with the whole doing more sets for each exercise and i really enjoyed it as i saw progress but with dumbell bench press been at a plateau between 17.5 kg and just barely hitting 6 reps of 20kg.

My biggest problem is im pretty sure im skinny fat mainly back,chest and abdominal area which is the worst part

Ive tracked my weight for a couple of days

88kg, 87.2kg, 87kg, 87.3kg, 86.5kg, 87.2kg, 85.1kg (lowest), 85.6kg, 86.2kg, 86.4kg, 85.8kg, 86.0kg and 85.8kg

what would my average be? with this should i bulk again or stay at maintaince with body recomp

Alright baso i had ramadan and ive got 1 more day to do. so i think ill do a push/ pull/ push/ pull

Chest /shoulder/ triceps

Back /shoulder/ triceps

chest /tricep/ legs/ abs

Back /bicep/ abs

is this fine or too much

You can get your average weight by adding all of those numbers together and dividing by the total number of days (13). But really, as long as you are weighing yourself once a week, on the same day, under the same circumstances (e.g. no food or water, first thing in the morning), then that will be a good indicator of what your weight is doing, because it will fluctuate daily.

If you're skinny fat, and still young, again, I think the bulk would be the best thing for you (about a 250 or 300 calorie surplus). Could dairy be having an impact on your physique? Possibly, but it would be bloating if anything. It's up to you if you want to cut out dairy to see if you notice any differences.

As for your routine.. you have triceps three times, biceps just once, and shoulders twice in a row. If the shoulder work on your back day is just a little rear delt work that's OK, but you wouldn't want two full shoulder sessions back to back. Same with triceps, but I'm guessing the 'triceps' on the back day is supposed to be 'biceps'?

And you're only training legs once because they grow pretty well?

«
Page 2 of 6 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .