Page 3 of 5 ▾
»
Jonas33
Jonas33 g Jonas Huovila
54 Post(s)
54 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Joey_Lopez

Oh my Jesus! I just read this entire thread and Jonas33, you should have just taken the advice and moved along. Whisper, GT_Turbo, Daniel_Meyer, and Scott are right. I don't know why you would argue with people who are professionals in their field of study. I understand you have your opinion but you need to come to terms with the fact that you were wrong. Then you should be happy with the fact that you had a professional give you awesome, correct advice FOR FREE!

GT_Turbo was right when he said this is a community that doesn't fight with each other. We express our opinions but we should not have to deal with people insulting us or other Hermanites. You called Daniel_Meyer a sheep because he follows what books say and has an education that he earned from attending a university??? Dude, just do us all a favor and admit that you were wrong, say thank you for learning something new FOR FREE, and move on to the next topic.

Just my advice, take it or leave it, but if you go around life calling anyone who has an education wrong or a sheep because they studied from a book, you're gonna have a very rough life man!

Kinda funny how u claim to read the whole thread but missed the point where i say i have studied many fields from the age of 15th......but hey i guess i don't count as professional even if i have studied many diffrent fields for +11 years. :/

Not even gonna comment more of the jibber jabber you wrote.

Joey_Lopez
Joey_Lopez g Jose Lopez
226 Post(s)
226 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Jonas33

Kinda funny how u claim to read the whole thread but missed the point where i say i have studied many fields from the age of 15th......but hey i guess i don't count as professional even if i have studied many diffrent fields for +11 years. :/

Oh I did read that part and laughed because if you studied those subjects for that many years where on earth did you learn it from??? A book perhaps? A teacher? ... ... ... Oh no! That would make you a sheep!

I don't consider you a professional because no where in your argument did you provide where you learned your information. You just think you're right and think that's good enough to state your info as a fact. They asked nicely for you to state the source of your information but then when you realized that your ass, from where you pulled your imaginary pectoral muscles, isn't a valid source you decided to ramble on in a video and avoided having to site any credible source.

A professional would take the time to show why they are right by providing the source of where they learned their information. You weren't able to accomplish that simple task which therefore discredits you as a professional.

2 year #SHF athlete I love to train hard and help others when they want it.
Whisper
Whisper p+ Kostas Kroustaloudis
687 Post(s)
687 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: September 9, 2011
Posted
Posted By: Joey_Lopez

Oh I did read that part and laughed because if you studied those subjects for that many years where on earth did you learn it from??? A book perhaps? A teacher? ... ... ... Oh no! That would make you a sheep!

I don't consider you a professional because no where in your argument did you provide where you learned your information. You just think you're right and think that's good enough to state your info as a fact. They asked nicely for you to state the source of your information but then when you realized that your ass, from where you pulled your imaginary pectoral muscles, isn't a valid source you decided to ramble on in a video and avoided having to site any credible source.

A professional would take the time to show why they are right by providing the source of where they learned their information. You weren't able to accomplish that simple task which therefore discredits you as a professional.

Dude what dont you understand? No source is reliable here..this is a new discovery in the field of exercise science and anatomy. You cant trust no written or documented source. Its a propaganda.

Muscular Strength Athlete and Content Manager 6 Years Lifting Experience Bachelors in Molecular Chemistry/Biochemistry, Working towards Masters Lifting Style & Philosophy : Aikido, Energy, Balance, Flexibility, Posture
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted

You have provided ZERO sources to validate your claim.

You have studied since you were 15??? Then post th studies!!!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Adawg38
Adawg38 g Aaron Henry
563 Post(s)
563 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Arnold says you are all wrong! There are 5 muscles per pec! Upper, lower, inner, outer and middle!

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

I have been training coming up on 6 years and have made some great gainz. I've done a lot of trial and error on myself as well as learned from others and through research online. I've come along way in strength and size since I've started. I will continue to learn and make myself better each day. MS Athlete/Super Hermanite BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE, BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL.
Ryan_Smith
Ryan_Smith g Ryan Smith
19 Post(s)
19 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2009
Posted

Im slightly lost, as stated above professionals state there sources whenever they are called into question. Thats part of being a professional. I know for a fact you call Scott out on anything and if he doesnt have the answer right there he will look it up, show you his finding and site where he got it from. Hell Scott states where he has learned all of his information not only has he been training and learning since he was 14 but he continues to learn and informs people when he finds that his previous style was wrong. He has stated this in many videos as time progresses. For the others who have weighed there two cents thats awesome thank you for your input and attempting to educate others... So please if you post something and other Hermanites attempt to educate you and they back up there proof accept your wrong and learn. Thats what this site is about, there is no sense in being so hard headed about information that more then one person proves your wrong on.

I'm Scott's younger cousin. I'm a veteran, I currently train out of The Zoo in Derry, NH. Follow me on Instagram for amazing uploads!
PainPusher
PainPusher g Gerry Blais
8 Post(s)
8 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Ryan_Smith

Im slightly lost, as stated above professionals state there sources whenever they are called into question. Thats part of being a professional. I know for a fact you call Scott out on anything and if he doesnt have the answer right there he will look it up, show you his finding and site where he got it from. Hell Scott states where he has learned all of his information not only has he been training and learning since he was 14 but he continues to learn and informs people when he finds that his previous style was wrong. He has stated this in many videos as time progresses. For the others who have weighed there two cents thats awesome thank you for your input and attempting to educate others... So please if you post something and other Hermanites attempt to educate you and they back up there proof accept your wrong and learn. Thats what this site is about, there is no sense in being so hard headed about information that more then one person proves your wrong on.

This site provides a good arena for opinion and fact.That is a useful tool to people starting out.Even us oldies can gain from it.You can never learn enough and its great to have differences of opinion but theres got to be a line of respect.One can disagree but one MUST stay within limits of respect if they expect to be taken seriously.

Ive known Scott a long time and hes always been professional.

BTW...Semper Fi Ryan!!Us old Jarheads respect your service!

Ryan_Smith
Ryan_Smith g Ryan Smith
19 Post(s)
19 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2009
Posted

Thanks brother! Im surprised you respect my service seeing as I'm in the Army not Marine Corps lol. Thank you for what youve done as well

I'm Scott's younger cousin. I'm a veteran, I currently train out of The Zoo in Derry, NH. Follow me on Instagram for amazing uploads!
PainPusher
PainPusher g Gerry Blais
8 Post(s)
8 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Ryan_Smith

Thanks brother! Im surprised you respect my service seeing as I'm in the Army not Marine Corps lol. Thank you for what youve done as well

We all serve the same Bro....in the end its all about keeping our country safe!

GT_turbo
GT_turbo g Gregor Trost
183 Post(s)
183 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted

Guys, guys, you went completely off-topic...

Come on Jonas, let's move back on a track.

I've invested some time to made some research on your statments as I want to come against you as close as possible. I will take your statement that our body is only one muscle. It is hard to defend that statement since, let's say, biceps brachii and biceps femoris are divided by few joints and ligaments. But anyway, let's assume our body is one muscle. Chest muscle(s) is/are biiiiiig muscle(s) and it is flat in contrast for example biceps femoris, which is in same axis as femur. Since it is very simple to locate where biceps femoris is connected, maybe it is not so simple for chest muscles. Here is one picture about that:

It is obvious that on one side it is pin-point connection and on other side it has some kind of line connection which goes almost round and around chest. And look, there can be seen 3 different orientations of fibers! :) But, eeem, that doesn't mean there are 3 muscles :( I will try to explain this in chemistry language. Either it was not on list of your studied subjects I promise it will be very basic chemistry! Like we assumed, our body is one muscle. Let's compare this like our one body muscle is one molecule and chest is one atom/element in this molecule. Let's say it is carbon (C). Carbon have 4 bonds, in CO2 there are two double bonds and in CH4, there are 4 single bonds. If we look picture above, we can see one atom (muscle) and 4 bonds (with orientations where fibres goes and attach). So, either it looks like there are more muscles, there are just two chest muscles (two atoms) and everything other are bonds, which also dictate orientation of muscle. As mentioned before, chest muscle is different in shape as biceps femoris. and therefore more complicated in that view. And easier to mislead.

Next thing I would like to ask you is about abs. There are so many exercises for abs and I'm sure they are ment to be for different muscles. Here on picture above it is said that there is just one muscle, rectus abdominis. But, WTF, the guy on picture below:

obviously shows 6 muscles! (in green circle) Can you tell which they are and which exercises are best for each of them? I want to incorporate those in my routine. You know, between you and me, chicks are mad on them ;)

If also I go little off-topic...with your wide studied fields of science, open minded approach and curiousity you have shown in your posts, I think you would be perfect for one-way mission on Mars. It's mission about establishing settlement and discovering planet Mars. Here is a link:
mission on Mars
Unfortunately current positions for first expedition in 2018 are already closed, but they will be opened soon for next expeditions. Keep eye on that! ;) I think you could also join them with your references even without official call. If you need recommendation letter, I'm sure every herminate would write it for you! If not, I will personally managed that and all those bastards will be baned for lifetime. Those who we are here, we are like horses with blinkers and we see just sport, sport, sport...but you, you would be perfect for that mission!

I hope we chat soon :)

BR, Gregor

Super Hermanite NCSF personal trainer NLP coach IronMan finisher
Daniel_Meyer
Daniel_Meyer g Daniel Meyer
518 Post(s)
518 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted by: Scott_Herman

I just read the entire thread.

Jonas33, I don't understand why someone who claims to be so smart would go about insulting respected members of this community as you have.

Daniel_Meyer and GT-Turbo are both Super Hermanites and I brought them onboard as such because they are not only very well educated, but also polite and respectful of others and their opinions.

You are basing your opinion on "books are wrong". You claim to have studied this since you were 15. Ok, I will be open minded.

Please circle and label for me the third chest muscle on the image below.

Also, please provide me with THREE sources to validate your opinion. Prove us wrong.

Sorry for taking so long time on me.

Right here's something you may not have thought of. The pec major affects the glenohumeral joint thereby producing the movement of medial rotation, horizontal adduction and adduction. These movements occur due to the tendon attachment onto the humerus, more specific the lateral lip of the intertuberculus surplus.

Lets say for example there are 3 heads of the pec major. If the middle and upper pec had a direct tendon attachment to humerus, how would the lower portion make any connection onto the humerus if its nowhere near the humerus and is blocked by the middle portion?

The actual 2 heads work as the 2 lamina cross to form a flat tendon which inserts onto the humerus. 3 portions wouldn't work as the lower portion would be way too isolated to make a significant attachment onto the humerus and wouldn't even be able to tie in with exsisting anatomy due to the tendon convergence.

Sport Rehabilitation BSc GSR Sport Rehabilitator and S&C coach at Boston United FC Super Hermanite Twitter: Daniel_Meyer99
Jonas33
Jonas33 g Jonas Huovila
54 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: GT_turbo

I've invested some time to made some research on your statments as I want to come against you as close as possible. I will take your statement that our body is only one muscle. It is hard to defend that statement since, let's say, biceps brachii and biceps femoris are divided by few joints and ligaments. But anyway, let's assume our body is one muscle. Chest muscle(s) is/are biiiiiig muscle(s) and it is flat in contrast for example biceps femoris, which is in same axis as femur. Since it is very simple to locate where biceps femoris is connected, maybe it is not so simple for chest muscles. Here is one picture about that:

It is obvious that on one side it is pin-point connection and on other side it has some kind of line connection which goes almost round and around chest. And look, there can be seen 3 different orientations of fibers! :) But, eeem, that doesn't mean there are 3 muscles :( I will try to explain this in chemistry language. Either it was not on list of your studied subjects I promise it will be very basic chemistry! Like we assumed, our body is one muscle. Let's compare this like our one body muscle is one molecule and chest is one atom/element in this molecule. Let's say it is carbon (C). Carbon have 4 bonds, in CO2 there are two double bonds and in CH4, there are 4 single bonds. If we look picture above, we can see one atom (muscle) and 4 bonds (with orientations where fibres goes and attach). So, either it looks like there are more muscles, there are just two chest muscles (two atoms) and everything other are bonds, which also dictate orientation of muscle. As mentioned before, chest muscle is different in shape as biceps femoris. and therefore more complicated in that view. And easier to mislead.

Next thing I would like to ask you is about abs. There are so many exercises for abs and I'm sure they are ment to be for different muscles. Here on picture above it is said that there is just one muscle, rectus abdominis. But, WTF, the guy on picture below:

obviously shows 6 muscles! (in green circle) Can you tell which they are and which exercises are best for each of them? I want to incorporate those in my routine. You know, between you and me, chicks are mad on them ;)

If also I go little off-topic...with your wide studied fields of science, open minded approach and curiousity you have shown in your posts, I think you would be perfect for one-way mission on Mars. It's mission about establishing settlement and discovering planet Mars. Here is a link:
mission on Mars
Unfortunately current positions for first expedition in 2018 are already closed, but they will be opened soon for next expeditions. Keep eye on that! ;) I think you could also join them with your references even without official call. If you need recommendation letter, I'm sure every herminate would write it for you! If not, I will personally managed that and all those bastards will be baned for lifetime. Those who we are here, we are like horses with blinkers and we see just sport, sport, sport...but you, you would be perfect for that mission!

BR, Gregor

When i said the body is only 1 muscle i was joking and being sarcastic.......

It's men who decide the names on the muscles and a muscle has 2 spots it ties too, so all muscles are unique muscles even if some of them have similar names.

For example the shoulder has 3 muscles and that because they all have diffrent places where they are stuck in the bone and that same goes for the chest muscle it attaches in 3 diffrent places.

There is 3 shoulder muscles, anterior, lateral, posterior and all them have places where they are stuck in the bones. But they all have diffrent orientations thus they all will move the joints diffrently when contracting.

It's same with the chest muscle as you mentioned it by yourself they have diffrent orientations, thus they will pull the joints in diffrent directions. Which is the basic of diffrent muscles, to have diffrent locations on the bone and to contract diffrently.

Thats why i made the joke, other people doesn't seem to believe that it matters where the muscle is stuck in the bone or what direction it contracts, etc. So i just say the body is just 1 muscle.

Yes chicks are mad of them, but they are truly mad at brute strength like i got. :)

The upper ones you train by doing crunches and not going so high up from the floor with the upper body and letting the lower portion of the spine stay on the floor.

The middle ones gets trained if you go higher up in your crunch or you can do v-situps like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv8drdaRWL8

But if you do like him remeber not to go so high with the torso.

The lower ones you train by doing knee raises while haning from something or holding you up from something like a dip station. I would recommend if you have in your gym to use kettlebells on each foot to get extra resistance. You can also do straight leg raises but thoose are harder to add resistance on because the line the feet and legs move in.

Also if you guys have machine for front calve muscle tibialis anterior i would recommend you to use it so your front portion doesn't stop you from using heavy kettlebells on knee raises.

Already been to mars and many other planets, but ty for the information.

Jonas33
Jonas33 g Jonas Huovila
54 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: GT_turbo

mission on Mars

BR, Gregor

It's men who decide the names on the muscles and a muscle has 2 spots it ties too, so all muscles are unique muscles even if some of them have similar names.

For example the shoulder has 3 muscles and that because they all have diffrent places where they are stuck in the bone and that same goes for the chest muscle it attaches in 3 diffrent places.

There is 3 shoulder muscles, anterior, lateral, posterior and all them have places where they are stuck in the bones. But they all have diffrent orientations thus they all will move the joints diffrently when contracting.

It's same with the chest muscle as you mentioned it by yourself they have diffrent orientations, thus they will pull the joints in diffrent directions. Which is the basic of diffrent muscles, to have diffrent locations on the bone and to contract diffrently.

Thats why i made the joke, other people doesn't seem to believe that it matters where the muscle is stuck in the bone or what direction it contracts, etc. So i just say the body is just 1 muscle.

Yes chicks are mad of them, but they are truly mad at brute strength like i got. :)

The upper ones you train by doing crunches and not going so high up from the floor with the upper body and letting the lower portion of the spine stay on the floor.

The middle ones gets trained if you go higher up in your crunch or you can do v-situps like this guy:

The lower ones you train by doing knee raises while haning from something or holding you up from something like a dip station. I would recommend if you have in your gym to use kettlebells on each foot to get extra resistance. You can also do straight leg raises but thoose are harder to add resistance on because the line the feet and legs move in.

Also if you guys have machine for front calve muscle tibialis anterior i would recommend you to use it so your front portion doesn't stop you from using heavy kettlebells on knee raises.

Whisper
687 Post(s)
Posted

HEY DANIEL, MY BOY! I thought you became a farmer. Whats up with that man? You still give incorrect advice over the internet? Scott told me via skype that you resigned from Super-Hermanite..

HEY SCOTT, thats why we need that truth section we ve been discussing about. haha

HEY JONAS, you are right, son. I agree about the chest, agree about the deltoids, and I especially agree about the abs. I got my core strength by doing 400lbs+ deadlifts, but yes my 6 pack is underdeveloped...I must start doing small crunches, medium crunches/situps and knee raises to hit all 6 muscles!

Oh yes, before I forget..be careful of those Daleks, if you visit distant planets man. They can, and will..incinerate your ass. :D Been there, done that.

Muscular Strength Athlete and Content Manager 6 Years Lifting Experience Bachelors in Molecular Chemistry/Biochemistry, Working towards Masters Lifting Style & Philosophy : Aikido, Energy, Balance, Flexibility, Posture
Jonas33
Jonas33 g Jonas Huovila
54 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Whisper

HEY DANIEL, MY BOY! I thought you became a farmer. Whats up with that man? You still give incorrect advice over the internet? Scott told me via skype that you resigned from Super-Hermanite..

HEY SCOTT, thats why we need that truth section we ve been discussing about. haha

HEY JONAS, you are right, son. I agree about the chest, agree about the deltoids, and I especially agree about the abs. I got my core strength by doing 400lbs+ deadlifts, but yes my 6 pack is underdeveloped...I must start doing small crunches, medium crunches/situps and knee raises to hit all 6 muscles!

Oh yes, before I forget..be careful of those Daleks, if you visit distant planets man. They can, and will..incinerate your ass. :D Been there, done that.

1. 400lbs in DL is nothing, but keep on working son and eventually you will hit my current number. :)

2. DL doesn't directly hit the rectus abdominis, DL focuses more on the counter part which is the Erector Spinae. Rectus abdominis is just stabilizing the body while doing DL.

3. No DL won't increase your core strength, how ever hitting every muscle in the core with a exercise that has positive, negative movement will increase your core strength. You can also add for some of them a static hold to make sure they are trained properly.

The muscles in core is:

External Oblique, Internal Oblique, Behind Oblique, Rectus Abdominis x 6-8, Transverse Abdomins, Erector Spinae, The small muscles between every vertebra and then some more even.

But keep on working and you will eventually hit 10000Kg in DL like me.

Whisper
687 Post(s)
Posted

1. 400lbs in DL is nothing, but keep on working son and eventually you will hit my current number. :)

2. DL doesn't directly hit the rectus abdominis, DL focuses more on the counter part which is the Erector Spinae. Rectus abdominis is just stabilizing the body while doing DL.

3. No DL won't increase your core strength, how ever hitting every muscle in the core with a exercise that has positive, negative movement will increase your core strength. You can also add for some of them a static hold to make sure they are trained properly.

The muscles in core is:

External Oblique, Internal Oblique, Behind Oblique, Rectus Abdominis x 6-8, Transverse Abdomins, Erector Spinae, The small muscles between every vertebra and then some more even.

But keep on working and you will eventually hit 10000Kg in DL like me.

oh my lord..10.000kg? Thats impressive man..that must be like 22.000lbs if I m not mistaken. I ve been focusing too much on the stability of the pelvic floor muscles and the deep abdominal wall, and thats why I can only pull 400lbs. That must be due to your strong behind obliques and either 6 or 8 rectus abdominis muscles.. depending on your genetics of course..You are probably not lean enough yet, to know if you have 6 or 8 but they must be really strong nevertheless..

Btw, are you sure its 10.000 kg? It could be a typo mistake, but you might have meant 10.000g ? That sounds much more likely.

«
Page 3 of 5 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .