Skip to main content

No training this week

Fever, death in the family, too much stress this week.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: philflorey

Really awful news, Scott. May you and the family find comfort and strength in the kind words and deeds of others.

Thanks man, means a lot. Hope you are having a better week than me.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Thanks John means a lot.

I think lately I have been overloading my plate and the stress is why I have been getting sick easy.

You definitely have the forums covered. Thanks so much. You guys mean a lot to me.

Yes indeed........stress and alcohol are the two things that will slow your immune system and make you vulnerable. I have found that when you have 10 things or more that you feel MUST be done immediately upon further examination only 3 of them really need to be done now and the rest can wait :-)

Hang in there man :-)

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
nir82
nir82 g Nir Ivan
12 Post(s)
12 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Wow Scott that's so bad to hear that. I'm sending my condolences to you and your family.

Lets hope this message will reach some people that would might take risks and it will help them!

I think when someone get into the fitness journey, automatically it rejects bad and unnecessary substances such as narcotics and in this way you're not just teaching fitness to the world, but also give a good and healthy alternative to people and keep them away from troubles.

Keep doing this holy work and be healthy and strong bro! Welcome back

Pure Hermanite! HTH!
JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Hey guys,

It has been a looooong week. I caught a nasty bug and was out for the count from Friday until Monday.. it was horrible. Fever, diarrhea, headaches, the whole SHA-BANG. It always takes so long to "refuel" after a sickness like this. It feels like your whole body is depleted. I ended up missing my friend Bret’s wedding Saturday and my Grandma’s Birthday on Sunday.

On top of that, I had my friend Jack here for two days to film my first 30 day workout program. It was a struggle, but we got it done and I can’t wait for you all to try it. It is a serious muscle building program. Complete with meal plan guidance as well!

But today Erica and I had to go to a funeral. My cousin died on Sunday from a bad shot of heroin.

We had no idea he was even trying this drug. He wasn't a "loser" or a kid without a path in life. In fact, he loved to travel, had a great job, lots of friends, was the first person to offer help if you needed it. A great kid, his birthday would have been tomorrow, he would have been 23.

I think when you are young you think you are invincible and can try things, even if you think it will be just once. A drug like Heroin though, you are addicted from the first time you take it. INSTANTLY, and you will always need more.

It’s brutal and I hope that if you can take away anything from my loss, it is that you never try drugs or if you know someone who is you get them the help they need.

When someone dies so young, it destroys a family and you never really pick up all the pieces.

I know lots of you have been sending messages and I wasn’t I the forums much this week. I should be back on track after tonight.

Thanks for always being such a wonderful community.

Sorry to hear that man. Thoughts go out to you, Erica, and the rest of your family. It's amazing how often it's the people you least suspect are the ones that are struggling.

Good to hear you are recovering though, hope you are back to full strength soon!

#HTH!

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

Yes indeed........stress and alcohol are the two things that will slow your immune system and make you vulnerable. I have found that when you have 10 things or more that you feel MUST be done immediately upon further examination only 3 of them really need to be done now and the rest can wait :-)

Hang in there man :-)

John

Thanks man.

Yeah I need to just breathe and let it out.. no more stress!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: nir82

Wow Scott that's so bad to hear that. I'm sending my condolences to you and your family.

Lets hope this message will reach some people that would might take risks and it will help them!

I think when someone get into the fitness journey, automatically it rejects bad and unnecessary substances such as narcotics and in this way you're not just teaching fitness to the world, but also give a good and healthy alternative to people and keep them away from troubles.

Keep doing this holy work and be healthy and strong bro! Welcome back

Thanks @nir82, that really means a lot brotha. Glad to be back!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: JoeHurricane

Sorry to hear that man. Thoughts go out to you, Erica, and the rest of your family. It's amazing how often it's the people you least suspect are the ones that are struggling.

Good to hear you are recovering though, hope you are back to full strength soon!

#HTH!

Thanks man! Means a lot!

Think I will be back to full strength this week. #GAINSTIME

Adawg38
Adawg38 g Aaron Henry
563 Post(s)
563 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Hey guys,

It has been a looooong week. I caught a nasty bug and was out for the count from Friday until Monday.. it was horrible. Fever, diarrhea, headaches, the whole SHA-BANG. It always takes so long to "refuel" after a sickness like this. It feels like your whole body is depleted. I ended up missing my friend Bret’s wedding Saturday and my Grandma’s Birthday on Sunday.

On top of that, I had my friend Jack here for two days to film my first 30 day workout program. It was a struggle, but we got it done and I can’t wait for you all to try it. It is a serious muscle building program. Complete with meal plan guidance as well!

But today Erica and I had to go to a funeral. My cousin died on Sunday from a bad shot of heroin.

We had no idea he was even trying this drug. He wasn't a "loser" or a kid without a path in life. In fact, he loved to travel, had a great job, lots of friends, was the first person to offer help if you needed it. A great kid, his birthday would have been tomorrow, he would have been 23.

I think when you are young you think you are invincible and can try things, even if you think it will be just once. A drug like Heroin though, you are addicted from the first time you take it. INSTANTLY, and you will always need more.

It’s brutal and I hope that if you can take away anything from my loss, it is that you never try drugs or if you know someone who is you get them the help they need.

When someone dies so young, it destroys a family and you never really pick up all the pieces.

I know lots of you have been sending messages and I wasn’t I the forums much this week. I should be back on track after tonight.

Sorry for the loss buddy. It's tough losing a family member and you guys are in my thoughts. I lost an ex and a friend to drugs in my lifetime and it's not easy.

I have been training coming up on 6 years and have made some great gainz. I've done a lot of trial and error on myself as well as learned from others and through research online. I've come along way in strength and size since I've started. I will continue to learn and make myself better each day. MS Athlete/Super Hermanite BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE, BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL.
CastIronPenguin
CastIronPenguin g Sarah Murray
10 Post(s)
10 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2012
Posted

My condolences. That's really sad.

Strength training is fun!
Mcmike
Mcmike g Michael Benedict Ramos
458 Post(s)
458 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

My deep condolences to you and to the family of your cousin. I know it is not easy to accept when someone dies who's very mean to us. He is very young to be taken but I know there is always a reason or plan why our dear God take him. It takes time to heal and to accept, but believe it or not acceptance is the only way to make everything back to normal.

Hope you are well Scott, free from stress.. free from anything. Hope to see you soon again here. Again, sorry about what happened to your cousin. Kindly send my thoughts and condolences to them.

( Beginner ) 1 Year Lifting Experience Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management Don't be afraid to make mistakes, face failure and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. You'll get everything you wish for... just focus and work on it. And you'll get more than you could ever have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long, and in the end - - the journey is the destination.
DFanatical1
DFanatical1 g Dennis M
37 Post(s)
37 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2014
Posted

Hey guys,

My condolences go out to you, your lovely lady, and your family Scott. The news must have hit you guys like a ton of bricks.

I've witnessed several of my friends, and my own mother, destroy their lives because of drugs/alcohol and there's not much that's harder to witness than that. If anyone reading this knows someone who's doing drugs or abusing alcohol, get them some help.

Applied knowledge is power squared.
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Adawg38

Sorry for the loss buddy. It's tough losing a family member and you guys are in my thoughts. I lost an ex and a friend to drugs in my lifetime and it's not easy.

Thanks man and sorry to hear that. Sounds pretty rough, but always remember that its bes to embrace the good memories you had with those people.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: CastIronPenguin

My condolences. That's really sad.

Thank you. The family is getting through it. Still just hard to believe

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .