«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Adawg38
Adawg38 g Aaron Henry
563 Post(s)
563 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: johnsalonika95

Can i take it with cold water or with my whey after workout???

Cold water is just fine. I wouldn't mix with warm water unless you like it that way. Before or after won't matter much but I prefer before. some take it before and after, take it on your off days as well and if you want to take it with your whey it's not gonna hurt anything but maybe slow down how fast it's absorbed.

I have been training coming up on 6 years and have made some great gainz. I've done a lot of trial and error on myself as well as learned from others and through research online. I've come along way in strength and size since I've started. I will continue to learn and make myself better each day. MS Athlete/Super Hermanite BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE, BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL.
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

I agree with all the suggestions above.

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
Rishi_Ramsamooj
Rishi_Ramsamooj g Rishi Ramsamooj
140 Post(s)
140 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

@jmboiardi I disagree, if you are not eating a meal plan which consists of a lot of red meat or fish, you are "naturally" not getting as much creatine in your system as someone who does.

5grams a day is enough to see a difference and there is no need to cycle a dosage that low.

But that is my opinion on the subject. You know I also value yours as well!

Above all else, just make sure you are definitely drinking enough water! #HTH

Hey scott, is it true that creatine DOES NOT nessaary increase your strength, but gives you the energy to do the power to do that last rep or 2 on your set? When i took creatine, I did not see any strength gains what so ever. it only made my body hold in a bit of extra water around my lower abs.

18 years old Training for aesthetic athletics No roids just rage Majoring in business management Changing people's lives
Whisper
Whisper p+ Kostas Kroustaloudis
687 Post(s)
687 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: September 9, 2011
Posted
Posted By: Rishi_Ramsamooj

Hey scott, is it true that creatine DOES NOT nessaary increase your strength, but gives you the energy to do the power to do that last rep or 2 on your set? When i took creatine, I did not see any strength gains what so ever. it only made my body hold in a bit of extra water around my lower abs.

A big part of the population are creatine non-responders. You might be one of them. I am too. It does nothing for me. Other than that, it works for the rest of the population by increasing the max energy you can synthesise in the muscle cells. So ultimetaly, it increases your maximum strength in heavy lifts. Creatine is best used for low rep ranges and heavy weight. If you are between 5-15 reps, I wouldnt count on creatine to help much. I would actually use beta-alanine.

Muscular Strength Athlete and Content Manager 6 Years Lifting Experience Bachelors in Molecular Chemistry/Biochemistry, Working towards Masters Lifting Style & Philosophy : Aikido, Energy, Balance, Flexibility, Posture
Fitness77
Fitness77 g Filip Widman
6 Post(s)
6 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2014
Posted

Anyone know if Creatine is dangerous for peple with ''Diabetes type 1'' ?

William_Steinset
William_Steinset p William Steinset
1K Post(s)
1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 1969
Posted
Posted By: Fitness77

Excellent question ! I am not a doctor so you should not trust whatever I say about supplements connections with diseases. Hence the reason why I simply do not dare to answer it. Please go and see an educated doctor so that you can be sure that it is safe or not safe.

MS Athelete / Super Hermanite / SHF
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Fitness77

I as well am not a doctor but here is what I do know:

Diabetes type 1 is a genetic condition where your pancreas does not produce enough or any insulin to help the body utilize glucose from food.

Creatine is a precursor to the production of ATP for the fuel for the mitochondria within cells. This has nothing to do with blood glucose directly and is part of the Krebs anaerobic cycle of energy production within cells.

My opinion would be that creatine is not contraindicated with Diabetes Type 1 as long as you have it managed and are taking your insulin as prescribed by your doctor. It still is 100% adviseable that you discuss this and any supplement with your doctor before you take anything.

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .