Skip to main content

You wont get bulk like hulk.

What really happens to women who lift weights.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: strongismysuperpower

Lifting weights actually changed my body to be more feminine. I have gotten smaller, leaner, a smaller waist, thighs, & arms but much more fit & shapely. I know many women that seem to really want to change their bodies also & I have told them lifting weights will help do that for them (and how to get started) but they just don't want to put in the work. So I think some women use that as an excuse not to. It sounds better than I'm too lazy to put in the hard work. They can come up with a dozen reasons why they can't or shouldn't. Yes some women actually do still believe the myth that it will make them big...so silly. I've been trying my best to put that myth to rest. 

Right on Bonnie!

I always want to puke when I hear woman say "REAL woman have cuurrrveees."  It's like that are slapping women like you, my girlfriend, and Joey's girlfriend in the face and discrediting all your hard work in the gym.

Yes woman are supposed to have curves, but that is no excuse for being 40lbs overweight.  I hope more girls take on your attitude.  To be honest I am seeing more and more women training hard lately and it makes me happy to see that as a whole women are not afraid of the gym.... or afraid to show up some of the boys!!! #HTH

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
TeaMan
TeaMan g Nikola Djukic
4 Post(s)
4 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

Nice topic and i absolutely agree with this statements.Guys if someone is in mood to help me with this,my sister want to start with gym.She asked me about tips,and i told her that 2-3 times per week for beginner will be fine.Full body workout ( 1 excercise per muscle group ) about 2-3 sets of each with 12-20 reps with 30-60secs rest between sets.I thing that first two weeks this will be fine,later 3-4 weeks will be with more excercises per muscle group about 2 and maybe for legs 3.After this first month and after shes body accustomed to this process i think that she could start with splits.So guys what do you thing ? Please tell me if im wrong and tell me your opinions.Thanks to all and sorry if i made mistakes in text but i hope you will understand.Regards ;)

nate_dawg
nate_dawg g Nathan Bishop
453 Post(s)
453 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 1969
Posted
Posted By: TeaMan

Nice topic and i absolutely agree with this statements.Guys if someone is in mood to help me with this,my sister want to start with gym.She asked me about tips,and i told her that 2-3 times per week for beginner will be fine.Full body workout ( 1 excercise per muscle group ) about 2-3 sets of each with 12-20 reps with 30-60secs rest between sets.I thing that first two weeks this will be fine,later 3-4 weeks will be with more excercises per muscle group about 2 and maybe for legs 3.After this first month and after shes body accustomed to this process i think that she could start with splits.So guys what do you thing ? Please tell me if im wrong and tell me your opinions.Thanks to all and sorry if i made mistakes in text but i hope you will understand.Regards ;)

This sounds like a good plan to me. Let her ease into the training. Total body training is best for women in general because a womans main goal is to just stay lean and toned. After a while her muscle groups will require more than 1-2 exercises if she wants to take it to the next level so splits would be good then. Have her train each muscle group twice per week. Abs, 3-4 times per week.

Mcmike
Mcmike g Michael Benedict Ramos
458 Post(s)
458 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: nate_dawg

Hell yeah man! A couple that trains together stays together! I'll be glad when I can get a girl friend who's willing to train with me!

yeah! A girlfriend on your side during hard time training will definitely motivate and inspired you all the time! =P

( Beginner ) 1 Year Lifting Experience Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management Don't be afraid to make mistakes, face failure and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. You'll get everything you wish for... just focus and work on it. And you'll get more than you could ever have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long, and in the end - - the journey is the destination.
TeaMan
TeaMan g Nikola Djukic
4 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: nate_dawg

This sounds like a good plan to me. Let her ease into the training. Total body training is best for women in general because a womans main goal is to just stay lean and toned. After a while her muscle groups will require more than 1-2 exercises if she wants to take it to the next level so splits would be good then. Have her train each muscle group twice per week. Abs, 3-4 times per week.

Thanks Nate for advices.For now we will start with 3x full body workout and 2x morning cardio per week.Im very excited about all this and i hope everything is gonna be good :)

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks Nate for advices.For now we will start with 3x full body workout and 2x morning cardio per week.Im very excited about all this and i hope everything is gonna be good :)

That is a great idea! TeaMan, you should use my promo code: FREEFITNESS and try my platinum membrship for a month. That way you can utilize the filter search in the routines section to get a list of all my FULL BODY routines. They are organized by difficulty level and you can even print a PDF to bring to the gym.

When you first start in the gym it is all about becoming more "mobile" and "functional" and building that basic strength in your muscles and tendons.

You should have your sister make a profile too! We have lots of lady hermantes and a female avatar I am sure she will have fun with!

Looking forward to seeing your results! #HTH

TeaMan
TeaMan g Nikola Djukic
4 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

That is a great idea! TeaMan, you should use my promo code: FREEFITNESS and try my platinum membrship for a month. That way you can utilize the filter search in the routines section to get a list of all my FULL BODY routines. They are organized by difficulty level and you can even print a PDF to bring to the gym.

When you first start in the gym it is all about becoming more "mobile" and "functional" and building that basic strength in your muscles and tendons.

You should have your sister make a profile too! We have lots of lady hermantes and a female avatar I am sure she will have fun with!

Looking forward to seeing your results! #HTH

Thanks Scott ! Im gonna use that promo code for sure :)

Well every beginning is hard,so the level of motivation need to be high and the most important thing is power of will ! Alot of people think that they can gain musle or lost some weight over the night so they quit fast , NO , thats not the way,there is no magic formula ! Only hard work and determination,thats the key of success ! :) Every person or client need to know that :)

I will talk with her about all this for sure ! Im very excited...

Cheers !

P.S. Don't forget to drink tea ;)

aharmon22
aharmon22 g Alecia Harmon
23 Post(s)
23 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

I think the general public really thinks that if women weight train they turn into the extreme bulky female muscle builders. Whenever I say I weight train I get looked at funny or peopel ask " arn't you afraid of looking like a dude?" . Even guys have said this to me! I always have to tell them that it is impossable to do without alering harmons and testoerones. Yes, it's possable to get bigger but not like a man will! The extreme cases you see was because it was done on purpose and with that exact intent. I tell them I could work out every single day and not come close to being like that. Now excuse me if I am wrong but I am a women and I do not have a man's build and I weight train at least four times a week....

daanarichey
daanarichey g Dana Richey
9 Post(s)
9 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

This happened to me the other day and by a dude. I grabbed the dumbells and this guy who seems to always be there but never does much but talk to anyone around him asked me if I was sure I wanted to grab the 20lb dumbells. "You're gonna get too bulky" I just turned up my music and ignored him. Don't ya think if I could build a bigger chest, I'd be on top of that? Of course this guy is one that thinks all gyms on post should be for soldiers only. Which most of us try and go during duty hours when most soldiers are working so I don't see a problem but there's always that one person. I personally have changed what I want. Use to want to be stick thin, now I am going for a more muscular look but I have no fear that I'm going to come out looking like a dude.

M_Levesque
M_Levesque g Michelle Levesque
113 Post(s)
113 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

That's some great advice! I workout on base as well but haven't had to deal with anyone telling me I'd get too big. In fact, they've teased some of the other guys because I could lift more than them! We tend to stick to our own thing and get our workouts in. Unfortunately there will always be guys that want to interject their opinions on us while at the gym. The best thing we can do is what you did, turn the music up and go get some!

Working to inspire others while staying as fit as possible! Instagram: Eat_Lift_Inspire Twitter: Eatliftinspire
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks Scott ! Im gonna use that promo code for sure :)

Well every beginning is hard,so the level of motivation need to be high and the most important thing is power of will ! Alot of people think that they can gain musle or lost some weight over the night so they quit fast , NO , thats not the way,there is no magic formula ! Only hard work and determination,thats the key of success ! :) Every person or client need to know that :)

I will talk with her about all this for sure ! Im very excited...

Cheers !

P.S. Don't forget to drink tea ;)

Well spoken man!!! and dont worry, I won't forget the tea! #HTH

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: aharmon22

I think the general public really thinks that if women weight train they turn into the extreme bulky female muscle builders. Whenever I say I weight train I get looked at funny or peopel ask " arn't you afraid of looking like a dude?" . Even guys have said this to me! I always have to tell them that it is impossable to do without alering harmons and testoerones. Yes, it's possable to get bigger but not like a man will! The extreme cases you see was because it was done on purpose and with that exact intent. I tell them I could work out every single day and not come close to being like that. Now excuse me if I am wrong but I am a women and I do not have a man's build and I weight train at least four times a week....

You should ask them if they are afraid of a good looking woman who is stronger than them! haha

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: daanarichey

This happened to me the other day and by a dude. I grabbed the dumbells and this guy who seems to always be there but never does much but talk to anyone around him asked me if I was sure I wanted to grab the 20lb dumbells. "You're gonna get too bulky" I just turned up my music and ignored him. Don't ya think if I could build a bigger chest, I'd be on top of that? Of course this guy is one that thinks all gyms on post should be for soldiers only. Which most of us try and go during duty hours when most soldiers are working so I don't see a problem but there's always that one person. I personally have changed what I want. Use to want to be stick thin, now I am going for a more muscular look but I have no fear that I'm going to come out looking like a dude.

I am glad to hear you turned up the music and ignored him. Next time you should ask him "Do you even know how to build muscle bro? Then wait for him to explain it and be completley wrong.

Then you can put the 20s down, correct him, and then grab the 25s!! #HTH

Powergirl
Powergirl g Heidi Hansen
13 Post(s)
13 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2014
Posted

yeah, since I have been strength training for almost 2 years now, when my female friends or women at the gym tell me that, I just ask them well, what about me? I'm not the thinnest woman, but I have some muscle and I still don't look like a guy. I'm not special in that way, I may be naturally strong, but getting to where I am took a lot of hard work and hours weight lifting. I am a normal woman, if I haven't bulked like a guy, you won't either.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .