Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Daniel_Meyer

Good point Scott. I will generally train through what I class as a stimulation full ROM. By this I mean it is the the greatest ROM at a joint whereby I can maintain tension on a muscle. If we are speaking biomechanically, then no, I don't train full ROM but I would deem this to hinder my progress if I did so.

Scott is also bang on with the correlation to injury. A lot of muscular injuries occur when the muscle is in its end range (fully lengthened) therefore it is imperative that we train though this lengthened state.

Thanks Daniel!

Which exercises specifically do you think you need to use the "stimulation ROM"? Interesting indeed

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Mcmike

Other say " when it comes to squats, if you only do half range of motion, you'll get a half result ". Before I only do half range motion on squats and I can do more reps. Last sunday, I just hit leg trainings with Mervin. He clearly explain and show me the amazing result of doing the FULL range of motion in squats. Yes, It gave me an amazing result in my quads, I feel it myself. But when doing the FULL range, I can only do a fewer reps and it really hurts my quads.

I don't know if FULL ROM or HALF ROM is much closer to any injuries. But base on my experience the HALF ROM create much tension to my knees.

This is what I like to hear Mike! I am glad Mervin showed you a thing or two!!

Also, you are right.. when you stop halfway... all the weight stops and starts in the knee. Not good! Go FULL ROM! #HTH

robbytaggart
robbytaggart g robby taggart
14 Post(s)
14 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted

thanks scottt them look like some great stretches my wife would love these also i need to get her on here i did the leg workout you posted on facebook and videoed it i will try to get it posted thanks for the tips

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: robbytaggart

thanks scottt them look like some great stretches my wife would love these also i need to get her on here i did the leg workout you posted on facebook and videoed it i will try to get it posted thanks for the tips

Anytime man!

As for the wife... maybe she will like to make her own avatar with our Valentine's Day Items :)

robbytaggart
robbytaggart g robby taggart
14 Post(s)
14 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted

we workout togather but sometimes it takes time to get her going and she has this phobea of getting buff lol but shes shredded 1500 track runner and of course drives me crazy most days in the gym lol but she means well i will get her up and running tomorrow she loves your videos we love them they have help so much i truley think its one of a kind and fun too thanks a lot oh and them ab workouts dam they kick your ass been doing two days on one off two days on im here to say friday is my last day of the week for abs thank god lol thanks a lot man

Mcmike
Mcmike g Michael Benedict Ramos
458 Post(s)
458 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

This is what I like to hear Mike! I am glad Mervin showed you a thing or two!!

Also, you are right.. when you stop halfway... all the weight stops and starts in the knee. Not good! Go FULL ROM! #HTH

Yes Captain!!! I got you! #HTH

Here's my picture.. not that perfect but soon it will be

( Beginner ) 1 Year Lifting Experience Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management Don't be afraid to make mistakes, face failure and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. You'll get everything you wish for... just focus and work on it. And you'll get more than you could ever have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long, and in the end - - the journey is the destination.
Mcmike
458 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: M_Levesque

I always learned that your muscles remember whatever range of motion you use and if you don't go full range you can shorten the muscle. Not sure if this is true but take pull ups for example. By not going all the way down you are training your arms to only go a certain distance. This could lead into an under developed muscle. I always perform full range of motion AND go light when I start to lose form so I dont lose that range.

100% agree with you Michelle!! yeah, it is useless to go on heavy weights when you are losing your form!! may lead to harmful injury... not good!

( Beginner ) 1 Year Lifting Experience Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management Don't be afraid to make mistakes, face failure and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. You'll get everything you wish for... just focus and work on it. And you'll get more than you could ever have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long, and in the end - - the journey is the destination.
Daniel_Meyer
Daniel_Meyer g Daniel Meyer
518 Post(s)
518 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

Thanks Daniel!

Which exercises specifically do you think you need to use the "stimulation ROM"? Interesting indeed

I primarily use it for inherently unstable joints such as the shoulder as they have such a vast ROM. So when I'm training middle and posterior delts I will only create the movement up to the point whereby I feel a removal of tension from the muscle. If I'm doing DB lateral raises I will only take my elbow to eye level as after that point the upper trapezius actiavtes a great deal and the middle deltoid loses tension. If I'm doing DB reverse flyes for posterior delt I will only horizontally abduct to the point whereby I begin to retract the scapula as then the retractors and extensors of the shoulder girdle activate and I lose the isolation of the posterior delt. Of course there are ways by which you can alter movements to create a greater stimulation ROM, for example using cables or changing the starting angle but for DB's its best to stick with constant tension.

Sport Rehabilitation BSc GSR Sport Rehabilitator and S&C coach at Boston United FC Super Hermanite Twitter: Daniel_Meyer99
Adawg38
Adawg38 g Aaron Henry
563 Post(s)
563 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

I hear what you are saying.. but think about this.

You feel the stress on your shoulders going low on dips because that area of your body is weak from never going that low. It feels ok at the top of the movement because you always train in that part of the movement. Think about how much stronger you would be if you did full ROM :)

For squats.. they are not a "quad" exercise. They are a compound movement targeting MANY muscles. Core, quads, glutes, hamstrings, spine errectors, calves abductors, adductors, etc. Some of these muscles are acting as stabilizers.. but they are still activated.

Maybe you are not flexing yoru glutes and pushing your knees out when you squat from the bottom up? Could be a few things going on. Either way, I respect your opinion but will always do my best to offer some advice! #HTH brotha!

I get it brotha, your advice is always welcomed and utilized. I understand squats are a compound movement and not just quads but what I was saying was I've always understood squats mainly hit quads and as you go past parallel your hams took on more of the movement. When I first started squating I went ASS TO GRASS but as I greatly increased my weight it became harder so I started going to parallel as I've always been told when you start going lower with heavier weight it becomes more dangerous to go that low but as you are explaining to me it may be harder to because now since I just go parallel the rest of me is not getting as strong as it should be to continue going that low? Maybe I added weight too quickly? I do 315lb now but maybe I can take on your advice and drop the weight down a bit and try for a while going that low again and see if I yeild better results? As for dips it still bothers me with the way it feels going down past parallel.

I have been training coming up on 6 years and have made some great gainz. I've done a lot of trial and error on myself as well as learned from others and through research online. I've come along way in strength and size since I've started. I will continue to learn and make myself better each day. MS Athlete/Super Hermanite BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE, BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL.
M_Levesque
M_Levesque g Michelle Levesque
113 Post(s)
113 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: robbytaggart

we workout togather but sometimes it takes time to get her going and she has this phobea of getting buff lol but shes shredded 1500 track runner and of course drives me crazy most days in the gym lol but she means well i will get her up and running tomorrow she loves your videos we love them they have help so much i truley think its one of a kind and fun too thanks a lot oh and them ab workouts dam they kick your ass been doing two days on one off two days on im here to say friday is my last day of the week for abs thank god lol thanks a lot man

Robby,

yes get the wife on here! I can assure her she won't get buff and all manly looking!! We are always looking for more ladies to join us!

Working to inspire others while staying as fit as possible! Instagram: Eat_Lift_Inspire Twitter: Eatliftinspire
M_Levesque
113 Post(s)
Posted

Yes Captain!!! I got you! #HTH

Here's my picture.. not that perfect but soon it will be

Mike thats a great photo!!! keep up the good work brotha!!

Working to inspire others while staying as fit as possible! Instagram: Eat_Lift_Inspire Twitter: Eatliftinspire
M_Levesque
113 Post(s)
Posted

100% agree with you Michelle!! yeah, it is useless to go on heavy weights when you are losing your form!! may lead to harmful injury... not good!

Ain't no one got time fo injuries!!!

Mcmike
458 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: M_Levesque

Mike thats a great photo!!! keep up the good work brotha!!

Thanks Michelle!! #HTH

M_Levesque
113 Post(s)
Posted

Well... I am not sure if "shortened" is the best term... but you will defintiely lose flexibility! Spot on Michelle!

Here's the reason behind my usage of "shortened":

When I receive new lines for a boat in my job, they are brand new, nice and tight and sometimes pretty rigid in their movement. Over time, the lights get "stretched out" from all their usage. If you compared a brand new line to a line that has seen some use, the one that is "stretched out" is much longer than the brand new line. I apply the same concept to our muscles. If the muscles never get stretched out and remain in their rigid state, they will be shorten and move a shorter distance than a stretched out, regularly used muscle would. Maybe the muscle itself doesn't shrink or get longer, but due to lack of flexibility, it gives off a shortened feature to it. A tight rubber band covers less distance than a nice stretched piece of rubber band, right?

Jonas33
Jonas33 g Jonas Huovila
54 Post(s)
54 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2014
Posted

Yes FROM is always good to have, especially if u don't do it. How do u know that you have exactly same range of every repetition you do? You don't and because of that you don't know to 100% sure if u train harder one day or another.

M_Levesque could you post picture of you sqauting from the side? Cause seems you are affected by the thing called "Buttwink".

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Jonas33

Yes FROM is always good to have, especially if u don't do it. How do u know that you have exactly same range of every repetition you do? You don't and because of that you don't know to 100% sure if u train harder one day or another.

M_Levesque could you post picture of you sqauting from the side? Cause seems you are affected by the thing called "Buttwink".

If you fully extend and fully descend on every rep.. it's pretty easy to tell you are training in the same range of motion my friend!

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .