Skip to main content

Naturally Enhanced Questions

Got questions about getting yoked naturally? Ask away.

«
Page 5 of 8 ▾
»
BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
30 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

Hey Alex, I was wondering what are the benefits of working out twice a day? I know athletes like to do this.

And would it be possible to work out with Naturally Enhanced (2x a week fully body) twice in a day?

Gevorg
Gevorg g Gevorg Karapetyan
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

Hey Alex, thanks for the advice on my previous question. I have two questions.

1. In one of your videos you state that carryover to a certain big lift is not necessary for getting bigger muscles and we better focus on getting stronger in multiple exercises. However, my question is if the exercises are not specific to each other will I still get stronger? Lets say I wanna get stonger in ohp, landmine press, push press and dumbbell press. If I put all this exercises in one 4 week cycle and try to repeat the cycle again how am I going to be stronger if all 4 movements have zero carryover to each other.

2. What is the intermediate weight for weighted chin ups for reps?

DanielFlores6597
DanielFlores6597 g Daniel Flores
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2018
Posted

Hi Alex,

I bought Naturally Enhanced about a week ago and just finished reading it entirely. It was a great read! I am a novice lifter (205 bench, 225 squat and 315 deadlift, all 1 RM). Is it possible to run Naturally Enhanced and pursue the goal of being yoked while preparing to join the military? My situation is quite unique as I am trying to join the Marine Corps as an officer, which means that I will need to be selected by a board of other highly ranked officers. It is extremely competitive and scoring high on the physical fitness test (PFT) plays a huge part in making my application competitive. The PFT consists of a timed 3-mile run, crunches and pull-ups. A perfect score would be 3 miles in 18:00, 110 crunches in 2 minutes, and 23 pull-ups (not timed). I have until June of 2019 to score the highest I possibly can.

Secondly, would it be good to incorporate a running program that has me running 3 times a week, or would it impede my recovery?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You

AlphaDestiny
AlphaDestiny p Alexander Leonidas
101 Post(s)
101 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2017
Posted
Posted By: Dams3

Hello alex. Thanks for answering my previous question. I have another one for you. I just want to clear something up. In the upper lower template, on lower days there is a vertical pull listed. That would be pullup/Lat pulldown variations, right? Also, should i go light on those so that my back muscles arent too beat up on the upper day following, or is it just not a problem?

Hello alex. Thanks for answering my previous question. I have another one for you. I just want to clear something up. In the upper lower template, on lower days there is a vertical pull listed. That would be pullup/Lat pulldown variations, right? Also, should i go light on those so that my back muscles arent too beat up on the upper day following, or is it just not a problem?

Also, can pushups be incorporated within program? If they can, could i weight them with bands?

Hey Dams3,

That is correct, the vertical pull would be a pullup/lat pulldown variation. You may choose to go lighter, I usually do reps of 15 on these and the volume is not too high. Try 3x15 for starters, then adjust according to how your body feels. Recovery is important indeed, but this will actually assist it in many cases.

And yes pushups can definitely be incorporated. I would replace a triceps exercise if adding, or use as GPP at the end of a workout or during your mini-home workouts/extra GPP. Bands may definitely be added, as well as other forms of resistance. Hope this helps!

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: BlackAcid

Hey Alex, I was wondering what are the benefits of working out twice a day? I know athletes like to do this.

And would it be possible to work out with Naturally Enhanced (2x a week fully body) twice in a day?

Twice a day training can allow for super high frequency if training multiple bodyparts throughout the week. Some athletes train this way because they can. They're enhanced, and have great recovery from the extra food and sleep, not everyone has this luxury. In terms of 2x training for NE, no I would not do this for the standard template. You may, however, do your mini-home workout/GPP 12 hours after your main workout. So technically you can lift early, do GPP at night. Hope this helps!

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Gevorg

Hey Alex, thanks for the advice on my previous question. I have two questions.

1. In one of your videos you state that carryover to a certain big lift is not necessary for getting bigger muscles and we better focus on getting stronger in multiple exercises. However, my question is if the exercises are not specific to each other will I still get stronger? Lets say I wanna get stonger in ohp, landmine press, push press and dumbbell press. If I put all this exercises in one 4 week cycle and try to repeat the cycle again how am I going to be stronger if all 4 movements have zero carryover to each other.

2. What is the intermediate weight for weighted chin ups for reps?

Hey Gevorg,

1) Interesting question. It depends how you set it up. Personally, I would say your performance would increase even if not the most specific. Due to the nature of concurrent periodization, PRs are extremely common from workout to workout. Also, I would HIGHLY suspect that those exercises will increase regardless. That said if you're worried about this, just try to be a bit more specific with your exercise rotation. This is how Naturally Enhanced is best used anyway.

2) Very hard to say, what I would tell you is that you are intermediate once basic linear progression ceases. That might be 45-75x5 for a lot of people. I cannot determine what it will be for you.

Hope this helps!

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: DanielFlores6597

Hi Alex,

I bought Naturally Enhanced about a week ago and just finished reading it entirely. It was a great read! I am a novice lifter (205 bench, 225 squat and 315 deadlift, all 1 RM). Is it possible to run Naturally Enhanced and pursue the goal of being yoked while preparing to join the military? My situation is quite unique as I am trying to join the Marine Corps as an officer, which means that I will need to be selected by a board of other highly ranked officers. It is extremely competitive and scoring high on the physical fitness test (PFT) plays a huge part in making my application competitive. The PFT consists of a timed 3-mile run, crunches and pull-ups. A perfect score would be 3 miles in 18:00, 110 crunches in 2 minutes, and 23 pull-ups (not timed). I have until June of 2019 to score the highest I possibly can.

Secondly, would it be good to incorporate a running program that has me running 3 times a week, or would it impede my recovery?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You

Hello Daniel,

You can absolutely run NE while preparing for the military, many men have done that so far and in fact it tends to work quite well given the 2x a week full body template. I would run the classic system but do high frequency LISS cardio and calisthenics on the side. Greasing the groove is also highly recommended.

Now you can use the 3x template, but twice would be better. This gives you better recovery for the specific activities that truly matter. If you want the highest score, that training takes priority over your main full body workouts. Hope this helps and let me know how it goes!

Gevorg
5 Post(s)
Posted

So what you are saying is I can do couple of cycles to increse ohp with more specific exersices then maybe move on to another cycle that will get me stronger on landmine press and so on.

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Gevorg

So what you are saying is I can do couple of cycles to increse ohp with more specific exersices then maybe move on to another cycle that will get me stronger on landmine press and so on.

That's one option that works incredibly well. I say give it a shot brother!

Gevorg
5 Post(s)
Posted

Thanks, Alex.

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

Do you know why most powerlifters usually use upper/lower templates instead of full body?

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

Hey Alex, would it be feisible to do mini hom workouts (neck work, band workouts, mobility work, etc) every day?

DavidWilfand
DavidWilfand g David Wilfand
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2018
Posted

Hi Alex

Just to be absolutely clear,when running naturally enhanced as a novice, I should be rotating the exercises every 3 weeks meaning that I would do OHP for 3 weeks adding weight each time and only then rotate to anothe exercise.

Thanks in advance

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

Hello BlackAcid,

I suppose that wouid be doable. Since the connective tissue work is low stress, I doubt it would negatively impact recovery. Monitor the volume and if there aren't any problems, go right ahead and do that. Should assist you if implemented correctly.

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: DavidWilfand

Hi Alex

Just to be absolutely clear,when running naturally enhanced as a novice, I should be rotating the exercises every 3 weeks meaning that I would do OHP for 3 weeks adding weight each time and only then rotate to anothe exercise.

Thanks in advance

Hello David,

Exactly right, you would do the standard OHP for 3 weeks and then swap it out for a different movement. As a novice, you don't need to rotate as frequently, training is easier to manage.

DavidWilfand
DavidWilfand g David Wilfand
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2018
Posted

Thanks for answering my brother, first intensity day was awesome!

«
Page 5 of 8 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .