Skip to main content

Naturally Enhanced Questions

Got questions about getting yoked naturally? Ask away.

«
Page 7 of 8 ▾
»
BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
30 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

Hey Alex, not a fitness question but I was wondering what the name of the song is that starts at 1:37 in this video of yours: Full Body RAW Intensity & Restoration Workout!. I've been trying to figure out for quite some time and it's been bugging me. If you can answer this, I will appreciate it.

AlphaDestiny
AlphaDestiny p Alexander Leonidas
101 Post(s)
101 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2017
Posted
Posted By: BlackAcid

Hey Alex, not a fitness question but I was wondering what the name of the song is that starts at 1:37 in this video of yours: Full Body RAW Intensity & Restoration Workout!. I've been trying to figure out for quite some time and it's been bugging me. If you can answer this, I will appreciate it.

Hey brother, I'm sorry to disappoint but I honestly have no idea which song that is! It was coming directly from the gym radio, not my speaker. Not sure if the Shazam app would help identify it :/

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

What would be an alternative to a reverse hyper?

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

What would be an alternative to a reverse hyper?

Hey brother, the reverse hyper is tough to replace given the unique movement pattern. I would advise this DIY substitute

Now if you're just concerned about the posterior chain benefits, then I would recommend glute ham raise (weighted and non), hyperextension (plates, snatch grip, etc), RDLs, pull-throughs, and good mornings (with bands it feels great). Enjoy!

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

For the deadstop row, what percentage should I do during volume days?

And would it be possible to do it for 20-33 reps instead of 12-15?

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

For dead stop rows, it's difficult to say since most people tend to use that exercise for lower repetitions/higher intensity. I would say that anywhere between 8-15 reps should work well. Percentages may vary between 60-75%. In regards to 20-33 reps instead of 12-15 for volume sessions, yes you can absolutely train that way. I often do 5x20, 3x33, etc. Very effective for sure and great way of getting more out of less weight.

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

Hey Alex, nonfitness post but when I saw your older videos of you talking about how you go up to women and tell them you wanted to fuck them, I was like "Wtf? really?" and "that must be cringeworthy". I thought you were full of shit at times but eventually I read Mode One and got into the trenches, I started to realize that Mode One (your way of asking out women) was effective even when you get rejected and that it was the only way to deal with manipulative timewasters and I started to believe all your stories. For that I would like to apologize for not believing you as I hate to say this but I was still stuck in the bluepill thinking. Even watching a video of Alan Roger Currie explaining Mode One I didn't believe him and I thought he was full of shit but man was I wrong.

VishnuVerma
VishnuVerma g Vishnu Verma
9 Post(s)
9 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2017
Posted

How many years did it take you to go from intermediate to advanced level?

Also what are some good triceps exercises (accessory for bench) if you have hypermobile elbows and locking out feels uncomfortable in extensions?

i've incorporated high rep band extensions but was trying to build my lockout for bench press (with exercises other than Close Grip Bench and Pin Press)

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

Hello VishnuVerma,

How long it took me does not matter, you must focus on your own individual progression. That said, check out this video

The most important exercises are the band pushdowns, band curls, and band finger extensions. Build up the connective tissue, and once you can press without pain I would advise incorporating extensions and overloading exercises. Band/chain presses, slingshot bench, close grip pause bench at different angles, lots of extensions/JM presses, and maybe even reverse grip bench are good choices here. Best of luck brother, you can overcome this just like I did.

VishnuVerma
9 Post(s)
Posted

Thank you for the response.

Would you also recommend all sorts of board presses and weighted dips as a main movement to up my bench if I have hypermobile elbows?

I am using the west side conjugate method and I don't want the elbow pain to slow my gains on bench (what I am trying to increase atm)...

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

Based off my experience, that certainly helps in building the lockout strength (with the hypermobile elbows). I would recommend smashing the extensions every workout while rotating the variations. Use band presses on a frequent basis, and perhaps add slingshot or partial work off boards or pins. Like I said before, your elbows will be fine with a maximized approach, especially with the connective tissue work. On a final note, wear elbow sleeves. This will serve you well brother. Best of gains!

VishnuVerma
9 Post(s)
Posted

One last question,

Im the strongest in my high school (in Brampton, ON, Canada) with only a:

290lbs box squat done on FID bench RAW

210lbs pause bench RAW

380lbs conventional deadlift w/ straps only (built for this)

I weigh 212lbs at 6ft tall and my weight scale tells me I have 25% Body Fat and I have been training for 1.7 years (1 year properly)

I eat 3300 calories, 90% clean, Endomorph bodytype, no cardio, i do GPP on off days = active x7 per week

I want to stay to get a 225lbs bench, 315lbs squat, and 405lbs deadlift but believe its healthy to drop down to a healthier body fat (Not competing just a recreational lifter but might compete in a year or so).

Im using ur Naturally Enhanced program with a little change (2 days lower body, 2 days upper body, 2 days Dyanmic Effort and 2 days Max Effort)

Would you recommend me to begin cardio or recomp or lean bulk to intermediate and then cut or go for a slow cut? ... I will do whatever you tell me as you are way more experienced than me in bodybuilding and powerlifting

I added as much info as possible so you could know my circumstances and why Im thinking of losing fat. Thank you so much in advance!

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

When is your newest version of Naturally Enhanced coming out?

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

When is your newest version of Naturally Enhanced coming out?

In early 2019, likely January. Fully revised and comes with some additional content

AlphaDestiny
101 Post(s)
Posted

Hey brother,

So I like the setup. As a powerlifter, using the upper/lower template with an emphasis on ME and DE is perfect. Keep doing that. In regards to your major question...

"Would you recommend me to begin cardio or recomp or lean bulk to intermediate and then cut or go for a slow cut? ... I will do whatever you tell me as you are way more experienced than me in bodybuilding and powerlifting

I added as much info as possible so you could know my circumstances and why Im thinking of losing fat. Thank you so much in advance!"

I would recommend doing a mini-cut so that you get down to 20% bodyfat. I doubt you'll lose strength since you're a late novice and have a bit of extra reserves. I would drop the calories down to 3000 and see how you tolerate that. You should be able to get 225, 315, and 405 no problem. Once you lose a bit more weight, start using the recomping strategies where there are days you are in a surplus and deficit. Lastly, since you're not competing you don't have to stress about weight classes so enjoy the process my friend. You'll be just fine :)

BlackAcid
BlackAcid g John
30 Post(s)
Posted

Hey Alex, how come people are able to bench every day and their bench and the variations increases to 315 lbs to even 405 lbs without any specific programming while other people have to meticulously program their exercises to increase it?

«
Page 7 of 8 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .