»
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Nicolaisc50

Hey Scott

You recormmend BSN but why? Is it better or just cheaper? Also is there something i need to know about Myproteins proteinpowder?

What is the benefits of static stretching? More muscle fleibility? Better recorvery? More muscle gainz? Lower risk of injury? Less Muscle sorness?

Nicolai

In my opinion it's better with taste and it helps me with performance and recovery when I need that extra edge. In terms of price, most supplements are pretty similar for what they'll take out of your pocket. Unfortunately I can't give you any info on MyProtein because I've never tried it.

Static stretching is good for recovery, to keep the muscle fully lengthend, which will help reduce the risk of injury. You don't do much static stretching before training because everything might still be tight and it can actually make you more injury prone - whereas dynamic stretching does the opposite.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
GhettoDragon
GhettoDragon g Luis Hernandez
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted

yes its where the inner chest caves in and you are also right its down to genetics and depending on severity this can cause breathing problems but ill definetly include this in my chest routine thanks again scott

Nicolaisc50
Nicolaisc50 g Nicolai Christensen
28 Post(s)
28 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted

Hey scott

Thanks man :)

jcgadfly
jcgadfly g Jeff Craft
192 Post(s)
192 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: May 5, 2015
Posted

Hey scoot i am back again.

I just started out a new PPL program and i love it.

I have been considering buying protein powder however i do not know what to buy.

Should i bot protein powder from MyProtein, Athlean X or your protein powder. AND WHY. Is there a difference from each company i need to know or is it pretty much the same?

Also I have been considering when to stretc out my muscles. Is it before or after my workouts and why?.

I have recently been getting some stretch marks right where my biceps and shoulders meets. However i only have them after my bicep training on pulldays and the upcoming day. Does it mean i am growing as fast that my skin barely cant keep up or is it just because there is more blood in my biceps after my training.

Looking forward for the answer :)

I can help here. I like myprotein.com. It's reasonably priced, tastes good and has validation from Labdoor Basically, you find what works for you. You don't actually need protein supplementation if you are getting what you need from the food you take in. I like it for taste and convenience.

Supplement, don't substitute.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care. I'm an eternal rookie - As soon as I stop learning I start dying.
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: GhettoDragon

yes its where the inner chest caves in and you are also right its down to genetics and depending on severity this can cause breathing problems but ill definetly include this in my chest routine thanks again scott

Hope it helps bro!!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey scott

Thanks man :)

You're very welcome @Nicolaisc50 😊 

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Okay thanks Jcgadlfy

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Hey scott

I just got ascertained gluten allergy. And may not drink milk with lactose as well.

Now i wonder if Bsn has any protein powder, mass gainer without milk?

Do you know any thing about that?

Nicolai.

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Hey scott

just another thind

Myprotein make a lot of protein powder... without milk and lactose.

But there is a lot of different ways of protein like soyprotein, hempprotein, eggwhites protein, brownrice protein, peaprotein.

Which do you recormmend

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey scott

I just got ascertained gluten allergy. And may not drink milk with lactose as well.

Now i wonder if Bsn has any protein powder, mass gainer without milk?

Do you know any thing about that?

Nicolai.

So you are lactose intolerant? Does that mean you can't take in whey? Or casein? I believe most whey and casein proteins will have a milk protein concentrate in them.. so you might have to go for egg white powder or a pea protein or something similar like the ones you listed instead. They would all be fine options, just use something that is going to help you hit your macros 😊 

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Meaby im Lactose intolerant, im going to get tested for that, therefor i can not eat lactose/whey protein/milk.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Meaby im Lactose intolerant, im going to get tested for that, therefor i can not eat lactose/whey protein/milk.

Yeah it's always good to know for sure what you are intolerant or allergic too! Got to be careful!

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Hey Scoot i'am back again.

Recently i have felt weaker and weaker, mostly the workout yesterday and today. My gainz defenetly doesn't grow much. I cant really find a solution to this???

I have been considering doing deadlift,leg press and squatt on my leg day but is that too many compund movements when some isolation exercises come afterards? If so which would you recormennd?

For shoulder isolation exercises i do front and side lateral raises. Is it better to do only one and then a shoulder press or a over head press?

On my push days i always warm up my shoulder joint and retract my shoulder blades the best i can but i feel like i am getting more and more pain in my right shoulder when doing different chest/bech presses. What can i do to prevent this?

I do feel some pain in the back of my shoulders when doing tricep pressdowns is it because the long head attatches somewhere around there? also am i supposed to retract my shoulder when doing tricep pressdowns?

I have considered going to the cable row and the cable lat pulldown instead of machines. Which is the best and why?

-Nicolaisc50

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey Scoot i'am back again.

Recently i have felt weaker and weaker, mostly the workout yesterday and today. My gainz defenetly doesn't grow much. I cant really find a solution to this???

I have been considering doing deadlift,leg press and squatt on my leg day but is that too many compund movements when some isolation exercises come afterards? If so which would you recormennd?

For shoulder isolation exercises i do front and side lateral raises. Is it better to do only one and then a shoulder press or a over head press?

On my push days i always warm up my shoulder joint and retract my shoulder blades the best i can but i feel like i am getting more and more pain in my right shoulder when doing different chest/bech presses. What can i do to prevent this?

I do feel some pain in the back of my shoulders when doing tricep pressdowns is it because the long head attatches somewhere around there? also am i supposed to retract my shoulder when doing tricep pressdowns?

I have considered going to the cable row and the cable lat pulldown instead of machines. Which is the best and why?

-Nicolaisc50

Hey @Nicolaisc50.

If you're feeling weaker, it could be a number of things. Your diet might not be on point, your sleep might not be on point, you might not have been resting enough between training sessions if you're training bodyparts multiple times per week, or it might be a sign that you are in need of a deload week.

You can do deadlifts, squats and leg pressing in the same workout, but ideally, if you want to move as much weight as possible with the deadlift and squat, then I would do them on seperate days. Either squat on one leg session and deadlift on the next if you train legs twice per week, or deadlift at the beginning of your back session. Leg press is fine to whenever you train legs.

I would start your shoulder workouts with the overhead press, then do isolation. Front delts generally don't need as much work as lateral and rear, so maybe focus on those - but it all depends if you have weak points in your shoulders, in which case you should focus on them.

If you're getting pain it might be because you're not retracting properly, or because your pressing the barbell too high on your chest (e.g. your elbows are flaring out too much). Make sure you keep them a bit more tucked and that you're pressing the barbell over about your nipple line.

Yes you need to retract when doing pushdowns, otherwise your shoulders can tend to take over the movement which is what might be causing pain.

Not sure what you mean with the last question.. cable rows and lat pulldowns are both machine exercises.. Also, they target different areas of the back so it would depend which area you wanted to target (upper/middle back with rows, lats with pulldowns which can be upper or lower depending on your grip - I made a video about it).

Hope this helps!

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Hey scott

I have recently experienced that my knees use to point/go a little in when i do leg presses.

Is this bad and if so what can happen and how do i fix it?

The bar itself is heavy for me when doing over head press is it okay to do it with lighter dumbells and work my way up or does it get a shoulder press then?

In the last question i ment: Normally in my bag training i do lat pulldown and rows. I do them on machines. Is it better to do them on the cable machines? and why?

Also an idear for a 3rd. back exersice?

Nicolaisc50
28 Post(s)
Posted

Hey scott

I have recently experienced that my knees use to point/go a little in when i do leg presses.

Is this bad and if so what can happen and how do i fix it?

The bar itself is heavy for me when doing over head press is it okay to do it with lighter dumbells and work my way up or does it get a shoulder press then?

In the last question i ment: Normally in my bag training i do lat pulldown and rows. I do them on machines. Is it better to do them on the cable machines? and why?

Also an idear for a 3rd. back exersice?

«
Page 2 of 4 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .