»
Gagysha
Gagysha g Dragan Mrdjan
70 Post(s)
70 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted
Posted By: strongismysuperpower

Lol. Thanks new gym buddy hehe. 

This site is great!! Here can ahieve more experience and datebase of excersize than any other forums....in future i going to be one of most actived members of such a great site...and respect good friend Scott,he is done great job here,thanks for that Scott!! Hth!! :)
WelshFitnessFan
WelshFitnessFan g Harry Hayfield
36 Post(s)
36 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Given a choice between a gym and training at home, home wins every single time (for the simple reason you can be more expressive at home than at a gym). Sadly, my present home is too small (and it is small because our family had to downsize due to economic constraints)

Contributing articles about the history of strength and muscle
KrisHamma
KrisHamma g Kristien Hamma
7 Post(s)
7 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Back- Deadlift:2 warm up sets 8-10(dont count towards set or rep total),7 sets of 4

pullups: 4 sets of 10-12(2 sets weighted)

Bent rows:3 sets of 10

-Abdominals/obliques: 2 excercises 3-4 sets each reps depending on excercise

Arms-Straight bar curls:3 sets of 10

Alternating dumbell curls:3 sets of 10

preacher curls:3sets of 10

close grip bench press:3 sets of 10

dips(weighted and unweighted):4 sets 10-15

1 hand rows:3 sets 10-12

tricep extensions:3 sets 10

ghetto pulldowns using a strap and my pull up bar

pushups mixed to failure

Chest-Bench Press:2 warm up sets 6-10,7 sets of 4

incline press: 4 sets of 10

Dips(weighted): 3 sets 10-12

incline flyes:3 sets of 12

Shoulders-Standing front press:2 warm up sets 6-10, 7 sets of 4

upright rows: 4 sets of 10

dumbell laterals:3 sets of 12

rear delts: 4 sets of 12 

shrugs:4 sets of 10 

Legs day 1-Squats:2 warmup sets 6-10, 7 sets of 4

Bulgarian split squats: 3 sets 10-12 each side

weighted lunges:4 sets 20

weighted calf raises:4 sets of 12

Legs day 2-Squats:2 warmup sets 6-10, 7 sets of 4

Sissy squats

Stiff leg deadlifts

weighted calf raises 4 sets of 10(heavier than day before)

Lunges weighted(heavier than previous day)

All done with basic free weights 5-6 foot bar w/e it is and 240lbs concrete fill weights(to add more i strap dumbells to bar etc not the safest but gotta make progress =) ),couple 25lb dumbells,5lb leg weights,belt(literally old ass belt for dips lol), have a bench but no bolts for it they were lost so i do bench press laying on the floor but use the bench leaned up on couch or chair for incline, pull up bar, dip attachment to go on pull up bar(doubles as squat rack lol). This is what i do at home.

Gagysha
Gagysha g Dragan Mrdjan
70 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: KrisHamma

Back- Deadlift:2 warm up sets 8-10(dont count towards set or rep total),7 sets of 4

pushups mixed to failure

Sissy squats

Stiff leg deadlifts

All done with basic free weights 5-6 foot bar w/e it is and 240lbs concrete fill weights(to add more i strap dumbells to bar etc not the safest but gotta make progress =) ),couple 25lb dumbells,5lb leg weights,belt(literally old ass belt for dips lol), have a bench but no bolts for it they were lost so i do bench press laying on the floor but use the bench leaned up on couch or chair for incline, pull up bar, dip attachment to go on pull up bar(doubles as squat rack lol). This is what i do at home.

U have nice plan to train at home,but have one issue....gice your abs some rest,dont train it every day,every two day's is okay....

This site is great!! Here can ahieve more experience and datebase of excersize than any other forums....in future i going to be one of most actived members of such a great site...and respect good friend Scott,he is done great job here,thanks for that Scott!! Hth!! :)
Ken_Fit
Ken_Fit g Ken Fit
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Squat 90 lbs, 15 sets ,34 reps ,1 min rest between.

Sup
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted

I would love to check out gyms in my area but I have a daughter that I need to watch over. So training at home is my best option. I do train with my husband, other daughter, son in law and I have a girlfriend that comes over and trains with me occasionally. My friend asked me to come to her gym on a Saturday sometime when my husband would be home so I could go. So I'm looking forward to that.  This is part of my home gym it's about 300sq feet in total but this is my favorite part. I do go hard! HTH

I know I have my own massive studio all to myself.... but I am still jelly of your home gym! haha I love it!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
strongismysuperpower
strongismysuperpower g Bonnie Douthitt
22 Post(s)
22 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

I know I have my own massive studio all to myself.... but I am still jelly of your home gym! haha I love it!

Thanks Scott :) I love it. My husband didn't mind if I made it girly. He doesn't care as long as it's functional. Lol.

one year strength training.
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks Scott :) I love it. My husband didn't mind if I made it girly. He doesn't care as long as it's functional. Lol.

haha good man! But it doesn't look girly, it looks like a place for WORK!

ivanv
ivanv g Ivan Vera
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: June 6, 2012
Posted

Hello, new guy here. Well, it just depends I try to do as much strenght training as I can (have dumbells,bench, bar etc...) but i usually get caught up doing cardio and bodyweight! at least for now...I really enjoy working out at home but i get more distracted than what i like to admit!

Gagysha
Gagysha g Dragan Mrdjan
70 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ivanv

Hello, new guy here. Well, it just depends I try to do as much strenght training as I can (have dumbells,bench, bar etc...) but i usually get caught up doing cardio and bodyweight! at least for now...I really enjoy working out at home but i get more distracted than what i like to admit!

U dont be worried about that,its okay to train at home,but dont avoid world because u have some belly fat,just step out from home,go to run and train with someone,i have people who train with me and want to lose fat,that is not problem at all...problem is when u feel that other guy's loking on you with sneering,but no!! Thet not be happen....trust me!! :)

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ivanv

Hey Ivan! welcome to the site brotha!

and I hear you. It is very hard to not be distracted when at home.. but it sounds like you are doing well. When I was a kid I used to lift in my basement. I had ONLY my weights and a radio so it was very easy to get lost in the workout and not worry about distractions. Maybe try that! #HTH

ashtar_1
ashtar_1 g Daniel G Bieckert
29 Post(s)
29 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

I've only recently tried to get in better shape, but this is what I've been doing at home the last few days anyway. I always try for 10 reps per exercise, and am going for 3 sets right now. I haven't been doing all these exercises each time, but have been picking 3-4 to do.

Pushups

Dips (using coffee table)

Bicep curls with curl bar (both outside and inside grip)

Lunges with curl bar (more comfortable than straight bar on my shoulders)

Overhead presses with curl bar or dumbells

I'm wanting to try hammer curls soon, but I don't have enough weights to make my dumbells even. I have two 10lb plates, and two 5lb, as well as four 2&1/2lb plates, but I've weighed the dumbells seperately, and they are a couple of pounds different in this setup. I've ordered a bench which should be ariving soon, so I can be adding dumbell bench, barbell bench, and hopefully flyes to this as well.

Gagysha
Gagysha g Dragan Mrdjan
70 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ashtar_1

I've only recently tried to get in better shape, but this is what I've been doing at home the last few days anyway. I always try for 10 reps per exercise, and am going for 3 sets right now. I haven't been doing all these exercises each time, but have been picking 3-4 to do.

Pushups

Dips (using coffee table)

Bicep curls with curl bar (both outside and inside grip)

Lunges with curl bar (more comfortable than straight bar on my shoulders)

Overhead presses with curl bar or dumbells

I'm wanting to try hammer curls soon, but I don't have enough weights to make my dumbells even. I have two 10lb plates, and two 5lb, as well as four 2&1/2lb plates, but I've weighed the dumbells seperately, and they are a couple of pounds different in this setup. I've ordered a bench which should be ariving soon, so I can be adding dumbell bench, barbell bench, and hopefully flyes to this as well.

If u doing training like that,u better plan to see your workout's like superset's....that i mean to try hit one day all of upper body in 5-6 exersize in 4-5 superset's....no pause between exersize,2 minutes between set's...next day u do lower body musles same in 5-6 exersize's and set's...

Plan to workout two day,than one dat rest....that mean...

Monday:upper body

Tuesday:lower body

Wednesday:rest

Thursday:upper body

Friday:lower body

Saturday:rest

Sunday:do some cardio and streaching-prepare your body fot monday!

When i was start to train litle more on volume,i'm workout in 3 superset's and reps per exersize 1 set-10* 2 set-15* 3 set-max reps*

All that i'm done in 35-40 minutes and after that my muscles are be prepare to back in gym,and i gain some strenght too!! :)

ashtar_1
ashtar_1 g Daniel G Bieckert
29 Post(s)
29 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Gagysha

If u doing training like that,u better plan to see your workout's like superset's....that i mean to try hit one day all of upper body in 5-6 exersize in 4-5 superset's....no pause between exersize,2 minutes between set's...next day u do lower body musles same in 5-6 exersize's and set's...

Plan to workout two day,than one dat rest....that mean...

Monday:upper body

Tuesday:lower body

Wednesday:rest

Thursday:upper body

Friday:lower body

Saturday:rest

Sunday:do some cardio and streaching-prepare your body fot monday!

When i was start to train litle more on volume,i'm workout in 3 superset's and reps per exersize 1 set-10* 2 set-15* 3 set-max reps*

All that i'm done in 35-40 minutes and after that my muscles are be prepare to back in gym,and i gain some strenght too!! :)

thanks for the reply. I'm not entirely sure what supersets are, unless you are talking about doing all the exercises in one set, then repeating. if that's the case, then I need to learn to comprehend what I read better I guess. also, since I didn't list as many lower body exercises, could anyone give a few suggestions? I'm a little limited on space to move around, which is why I haven't tried stepping lunges yet. When my bench arrives, I also plan on starting to do hamstring curls like Scott did in at least one of his videos.

Kevit07
Kevit07 g Kevin Child
99 Post(s)
99 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: May 5, 2013
Posted
Posted By: KrisHamma

pushups mixed to failure

Sissy squats

Stiff leg deadlifts

All I read was sissy squats, and stopped there....AWESOME thing to add to legs, and not a very well-known exercise with most people, since I saw a "10 commandments for leg workouts" and it NEVER mentioned "Sissy squats are NOT for sissies" XD.

Gagysha
Gagysha g Dragan Mrdjan
70 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ashtar_1

thanks for the reply. I'm not entirely sure what supersets are, unless you are talking about doing all the exercises in one set, then repeating. if that's the case, then I need to learn to comprehend what I read better I guess. also, since I didn't list as many lower body exercises, could anyone give a few suggestions? I'm a little limited on space to move around, which is why I haven't tried stepping lunges yet. When my bench arrives, I also plan on starting to do hamstring curls like Scott did in at least one of his videos.

For lower body u have bodyweight squats,jump squats(i love this exersize),have stacionary lunges,lunges with jump and change right-left feet.....duck walk(amazing exersize,feel pump and burn in quads,hams and all muscles).....etc...

Base for lower body exersize is BIG,try to search it and learn someone,and u will be stornger.. :)

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .