Skip to main content

Spartan Super- Boston, MA August 13th, 2016

TEAM- Ridiculously Good Looking Spartans!

Page 1 of 3 ▾
»
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted

I'll be running the Spartan Race Boston Super on August 13th, and I’m working with Spartan to ensure the Summer Shred training program gets me in the best shape possible to conquer the race. I want YOU to join my team - Ridiculously Good Looking Spartans. Use code HERMAN15 for 15 percent off the race. (I will be running the "Competitive 8am-9am race" but will be there all day if team members have to run a different time.)

If you guys have any questions be sure to leave them below!  I want to use this forum thread as a way for us all to communicate and as the team get's SUPER HUGE maybe we can all make a team chat on WHATSAPP, especially as we get closer to race day!

I AM SO PUMPED!!!!  Also, be sure to let me know if you live in the area so we can try to get some team training in as well!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
ShreddedBillionaire
ShreddedBillionaire g James Matthews
18 Post(s)
18 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: November 11, 2015
Posted

So, are we going to take pre race pics dressed and posing like models? I mean we basically have to if we're going to be ridiculously good looking.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ShreddedBillionaire

So, are we going to take pre race pics dressed and posing like models? I mean we basically have to if we're going to be ridiculously good looking.

yeah bro.. just make sure you bring an assortment of sexy bandanas :-D

ShreddedBillionaire
18 Post(s)
Posted

LOL, will do.

Jonesy657
Jonesy657 g Jarrod Jones
16 Post(s)
16 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2015
Posted

Damn, I Wish I could join you guys. I'm already signed up for 4 Spartan Races this year and If I signed up for another one I might have to start looking for somewhere else to sleep hahaha. My wife has to put a limit on me and my races or we wouldn't have much money left for anything else. It's hard to be a responsible adult somtimes LOL!! I would've loved running a Spartan Super with the "ridiculously good looking Spartans" group. Oh well, next year I guess.

What kind of Cardio training do you have in mind to get people ready for this race? I've been doing something like an interval type workout. It goes like this...

Warmup (jump rope) 5 to 10 minutes. Run (race pace) 1/2 mile, 40 burpees, run (race pace) 1/2 mile, bucket carry/Log carry 50 yards, Run (race pace) 1/2 mile, 30 burpees, Run 1/2 mile, bear crawl/25lb sandbag drag 50 yards, Run 1/2 mile, 20 burpees, run 1/2 mile, Rope climb (12 feet w/1in dia rope NO KNOTS), cooldown.

I switch up the obstacles from time to time to make it different. Tire flips, weighted pull ups or pushups, steep hill climbs, box jumps Etc.

thomas0896
thomas0896 g Thomas Dube
4 Post(s)
4 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2016
Posted

Sorry I can not Join becuase I live too far away and do not have the means to get there, good luck on it.

Just a guy trying to get big
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: thomas0896

Sorry I can not Join becuase I live too far away and do not have the means to get there, good luck on it.

Next time bro!!! Next time! :-D

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Jonesy657

Damn, I Wish I could join you guys. I'm already signed up for 4 Spartan Races this year and If I signed up for another one I might have to start looking for somewhere else to sleep hahaha. My wife has to put a limit on me and my races or we wouldn't have much money left for anything else. It's hard to be a responsible adult somtimes LOL!! I would've loved running a Spartan Super with the "ridiculously good looking Spartans" group. Oh well, next year I guess.

What kind of Cardio training do you have in mind to get people ready for this race? I've been doing something like an interval type workout. It goes like this...

Warmup (jump rope) 5 to 10 minutes. Run (race pace) 1/2 mile, 40 burpees, run (race pace) 1/2 mile, bucket carry/Log carry 50 yards, Run (race pace) 1/2 mile, 30 burpees, Run 1/2 mile, bear crawl/25lb sandbag drag 50 yards, Run 1/2 mile, 20 burpees, run 1/2 mile, Rope climb (12 feet w/1in dia rope NO KNOTS), cooldown.

I switch up the obstacles from time to time to make it different. Tire flips, weighted pull ups or pushups, steep hill climbs, box jumps Etc.

Dang bro!!! Would have loved to have you on the team! Maybe with some convincing the wife will let you!! haha... or maybe we can transfer your spot from another race so you dont have to pay? Let me know and we can try to figure it out!

As for the routine! I just posted the total training program HERE: http://muscularstrength.com/routine/Mud-sweat-tears-adventure-race-training-full-program

In a few weeks I will be posting REAL TIME circuits of the workouts so you guys can do them in real time with me!

Jonesy657
Jonesy657 g Jarrod Jones
16 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Dang bro!!! Would have loved to have you on the team! Maybe with some convincing the wife will let you!! haha... or maybe we can transfer your spot from another race so you dont have to pay? Let me know and we can try to figure it out!

As for the routine! I just posted the total training program HERE: http://muscularstrength.com/routine/Mud-sweat-tears-adventure-race-training-full-program

In a few weeks I will be posting REAL TIME circuits of the workouts so you guys can do them in real time with me!

Dude, I would definitely switch races to run with the "ridiculously good looking Spartans" but I talked a few buddies of mine to step it up and do a Spartan race with me this year. One of the guys has lost 35 lbs since december with a little help from me. Since he's gotten his diet and weight under control he's started doing some of my Spartan workouts with me twice a week and we've done some of the HIIT routines from the shred challenge as well (Pyramid HIIT baby!!). We'll be ready by July 16th for sure!!

If I remember right, you posted that Mud Sweat and tears to YouTube workout last year. I've done that one a few times too :) Looking forward to the real time circuits too!!

The Ol' Lady might have approved of me going to Boston because her older sister Lives in Chelmsford and she could visit her while we're there. But since I'm already going the Pennsylvania (Super & Sprint), Vermont (Beast) and California (Lake Tahoe Spartan World championships Beast) to race this year it's just not in the cards.

Looking forward to the NEW challenge :) Keep Kickin Butt!!

Jarrod

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Dude, I would definitely switch races to run with the "ridiculously good looking Spartans" but I talked a few buddies of mine to step it up and do a Spartan race with me this year. One of the guys has lost 35 lbs since december with a little help from me. Since he's gotten his diet and weight under control he's started doing some of my Spartan workouts with me twice a week and we've done some of the HIIT routines from the shred challenge as well (Pyramid HIIT baby!!). We'll be ready by July 16th for sure!!

If I remember right, you posted that Mud Sweat and tears to YouTube workout last year. I've done that one a few times too :) Looking forward to the real time circuits too!!

The Ol' Lady might have approved of me going to Boston because her older sister Lives in Chelmsford and she could visit her while we're there. But since I'm already going the Pennsylvania (Super & Sprint), Vermont (Beast) and California (Lake Tahoe Spartan World championships Beast) to race this year it's just not in the cards.

Jarrod

It's all good bro!! I am hoping this is just the begining of my relationship with Spartan Race so definitely more races to come!

Good luck with those races with your friends! Be sure to let us know how you do and yeah man.. those real time circuits are going to be KILLER!

William_Steinset
William_Steinset p William Steinset
1K Post(s)
1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 1969
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

I'll be running the Spartan Race Boston Super on August 13th, and I’m working with Spartan to ensure the Summer Shred training program gets me in the best shape possible to conquer the race. I want YOU to join my team - Ridiculously Good Looking Spartans. Use code HERMAN15 for 15 percent off the race. (I will be running the "Competitive 8am-9am race" but will be there all day if team members have to run a different time.)

If you guys have any questions be sure to leave them below!  I want to use this forum thread as a way for us all to communicate and as the team get's SUPER HUGE maybe we can all make a team chat on WHATSAPP, especially as we get closer to race day!

I AM SO PUMPED!!!!  Also, be sure to let me know if you live in the area so we can try to get some team training in as well!

Well I live in freaking Norway so I can not run with you.... BUT I expect you to win !!

MS Athelete / Super Hermanite / SHF
ShreddedBillionaire
18 Post(s)
Posted

Jarrod

Oh you're doing the Vermont Beast in September? I was planning on running that one. Do you have team you're running with?

Jonesy657
Jonesy657 g Jarrod Jones
16 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ShreddedBillionaire

Oh you're doing the Vermont Beast in September? I was planning on running that one. Do you have team you're running with?

@shreddedbillionaire Dude! I'm having trouble getting a team together for this one. I've asked a bunch of coworkers and friends to run the Beast with me but there's something about running up and down a mountain several times while carrying heavy stuff and/or climbing over/under things for 13 miles that scares people LOL!! The cause that I usually run for is to raise money/awareness for a disease called Chiari Malformation. It's incurable and affects many people worldwide. One of my oldest friends daughter suffers from this and so we run in her name, we call ourselves "Ava's Avengers". I'm the only one on this team for the Beast. In order to compete against other teams you must have 4 or more team members...So if you have a team I would be happy to join you!!

This little girl is Ava... and she is tough as nails

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

@shreddedbillionaire Dude! I'm having trouble getting a team together for this one. I've asked a bunch of coworkers and friends to run the Beast with me but there's something about running up and down a mountain several times while carrying heavy stuff and/or climbing over/under things for 13 miles that scares people LOL!! The cause that I usually run for is to raise money/awareness for a disease called Chiari Malformation. It's incurable and affects many people worldwide. One of my oldest friends daughter suffers from this and so we run in her name, we call ourselves "Ava's Avengers". I'm the only one on this team for the Beast. In order to compete against other teams you must have 4 or more team members...So if you have a team I would be happy to join you!!

This little girl is Ava... and she is tough as nails

I would do it @Jonesy657, but I am going to CHINA and VEGAS in September... and my brother has his Wedding stuff... damn, going to be a busy month!!!

Jonesy657
Jonesy657 g Jarrod Jones
16 Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman Next year will be our year bro!! We will make this happen one way or the other. I'm already planning on doing the Boston Super next year with you and the "Ridiculously good looking Spartans" and I would like to get some stadium races under my belt too. My friend Andy (his daughter is the before mentioned Ava) and I are planning on flying out to Hawaii to do a Trifecta weekend in 2017. Every year we raise more and more money and complete harder and harder races in Ava's name. This year we raised 5000.00 dollars total!! Pretty awesome for a couple of knuckle heads from a sleepy little town in central NY who enjoy running up mountains and embracing the "Suck". We are Spartan...AROOOO!!!

One more week until Palmerton Super/Sprint weekend!!! This is my Sprint fire jump pose at the end of the race...I ended up placing 7th in my age group 30-35 (open class) and hoping to be near the top this year!!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman Next year will be our year bro!! We will make this happen one way or the other. I'm already planning on doing the Boston Super next year with you and the "Ridiculously good looking Spartans" and I would like to get some stadium races under my belt too. My friend Andy (his daughter is the before mentioned Ava) and I are planning on flying out to Hawaii to do a Trifecta weekend in 2017. Every year we raise more and more money and complete harder and harder races in Ava's name. This year we raised 5000.00 dollars total!! Pretty awesome for a couple of knuckle heads from a sleepy little town in central NY who enjoy running up mountains and embracing the "Suck". We are Spartan...AROOOO!!!

One more week until Palmerton Super/Sprint weekend!!! This is my Sprint fire jump pose at the end of the race...I ended up placing 7th in my age group 30-35 (open class) and hoping to be near the top this year!!

Sounds awesome to me man!! We should definitely chat more and get something BIG going! Maybe in like a week or two?

Page 1 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .