»
Abaas
Abaas g ahmed abas
108 Post(s)
108 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2015
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

Nation,

Scott is always asking me to post progress pics. The pics below were taken today and are after 1 year of intermittent fasting. It also is the result of a dedicated 3 year transformation where I quit drinking, eating all processed and junk food, and training with higher volume and intensity. Now that I am older, I can't get away with the same stuff eating and alcohol-wise while lifting as I could when I was in my 20's and 30's. Once you hit 40, the world changes for those serious about bodybuilding. While I am not in the same league as Scott and some others on the Board, I am at least 20 years older than them. This hopefully shows what can be done with proper nutrition and exercise regardless of age :-)

I started at 187Lbs and 18% bodyfat with a 34" waist. I am now at 162Lbs with a 30" waist and 9.5% bodyfat. I am guessing my bodyfat as most online calculators have me at 8% based on my waist and neck measurements. They are usually off by 1-2%. I am assuming I am at least 10% but not lower than 9% so I split the difference to 9.5%. This is based on my years seeing lean people as well as my vascularity level - both at rest and when working out - and being able to see my abs, serratus muscles, and obliques:

Impressive john.keep the good work and keep inspiring us (younger members).you are a legend my friend

Fox84
Fox84 g Derek Serna
31 Post(s)
31 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2015
Posted

Nation,

Scott is always asking me to post progress pics. The pics below were taken today and are after 1 year of intermittent fasting. It also is the result of a dedicated 3 year transformation where I quit drinking, eating all processed and junk food, and training with higher volume and intensity. Now that I am older, I can't get away with the same stuff eating and alcohol-wise while lifting as I could when I was in my 20's and 30's. Once you hit 40, the world changes for those serious about bodybuilding. While I am not in the same league as Scott and some others on the Board, I am at least 20 years older than them. This hopefully shows what can be done with proper nutrition and exercise regardless of age :-)

I started at 187Lbs and 18% bodyfat with a 34" waist. I am now at 162Lbs with a 30" waist and 9.5% bodyfat. I am guessing my bodyfat as most online calculators have me at 8% based on my waist and neck measurements. They are usually off by 1-2%. I am assuming I am at least 10% but not lower than 9% so I split the difference to 9.5%. This is based on my years seeing lean people as well as my vascularity level - both at rest and when working out - and being able to see my abs, serratus muscles, and obliques:

wow John, this really helps keep me motivated, i say this cause sometimes people tell me why workout if when you get older you wont look good, or you wont be strong, my mother is one of them, she just says that by the time im her age which is around her 50's, that i can not work out anymore, i told her there are alot of people out there that are still working out in their 50's and 60's and they are way stronger than i am, and you sir just prove my point, i know that i will continue to keep working out till my body wont be able to move anymore, or till im dead , which ever comes first haha, keep up the awesome work John

YouTube: BattleFox 84 Facebook: Derek Serna
crood
crood a Chris P.
467 Post(s)
467 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Nation,

Now we just need a video like this of you John ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWkaIwjPFc

But joke aside. Glad to finally see some progress pics of you, and you look great!! It should defenitally be an inspiration for everyone that age is no excuse.

Your bodyfat percentage is good and on spot, and suits you well

All hats off & thumbs up for you!

Admin + MS Athlete You will get nowhere, if you don't move :) - crood -
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Abaas

Impressive john.keep the good work and keep inspiring us (younger members).you are a legend my friend

Thanks Ahmed :-)

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Fox84

wow John, this really helps keep me motivated, i say this cause sometimes people tell me why workout if when you get older you wont look good, or you wont be strong, my mother is one of them, she just says that by the time im her age which is around her 50's, that i can not work out anymore, i told her there are alot of people out there that are still working out in their 50's and 60's and they are way stronger than i am, and you sir just prove my point, i know that i will continue to keep working out till my body wont be able to move anymore, or till im dead , which ever comes first haha, keep up the awesome work John

Derek,

Well you can show my pics to your mom to prove the point. My doctor uses me as a "case study" for his patients. He says I am the healthiest person he has and that people half my age aren't anywhere as healthy or in shape as me. He said I have the testosterone levels, the cholesterol profile, the bone density, and the muscle strength and tone of someone in their late 20's/early 30's.

Don't let her discourage you and unfortunately she is a victim of old wives tales when it comes to bodybuilding and health and fitness as you age :-)

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: crood

Now we just need a video like this of you John ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWkaIwjPFc

But joke aside. Glad to finally see some progress pics of you, and you look great!! It should defenitally be an inspiration for everyone that age is no excuse.

Your bodyfat percentage is good and on spot, and suits you well

All hats off & thumbs up for you!

Chris,

Danke Schon.........fortunatley I wasn't as bad off to start as the dude in the YouTube video :-)

John

jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Mcmike

Geez @jmboiardi what a huge progress since the last time I saw your update. Great Job man! keep it up 51 yr old man!

Thanks Mike. I am down about 8 pounds from the last pics I did when I was around 170 pounds.

John

crood
crood a Chris P.
467 Post(s)
467 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Chris,

Danke Schon.........fortunatley I wasn't as bad off to start as the dude in the YouTube video :-)

John

your welcome =)

PS: in regards to the video.. luckily you didn't start off ever that bad lol, yes :) But i found it having some hillarious charme and suiting the topic, so it was worth a share! Keep it up John!

Admin + MS Athlete You will get nowhere, if you don't move :) - crood -
walkercoq
walkercoq g Denis Demirdzhiev
17 Post(s)
17 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2015
Posted

Man, you look great! You are a true inspiration and you prove that the age is not an excuse! Keep the good work and never stop to motivate us!

atman
atman g Dragan Dejanovic
16 Post(s)
16 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2015
Posted

Wow great :) looking better then some guys 30 years younger then you :) With low bodyfat you can have visibly abs, even never training them and doing lifts without belt you will have them, but to make them blocky and bigger, just do them with weight like any other muscle. My hope is to be like this in 25 years :) Great job!

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Nation,

You need to go and get your passport and birth certificate checked John...I think they have your age wrong - not looking 51 here!

Looking great man! Shredded and big!

Jordan

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: atman

Wow great :) looking better then some guys 30 years younger then you :) With low bodyfat you can have visibly abs, even never training them and doing lifts without belt you will have them, but to make them blocky and bigger, just do them with weight like any other muscle. My hope is to be like this in 25 years :) Great job!

Dragan,

So true. I am not looking for the blocky look at my age.......just being lean and being able to see things below my belly button without having to suck in my gut is good enough :-P

John

jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: JoeHurricane

You need to go and get your passport and birth certificate checked John...I think they have your age wrong - not looking 51 here!

Looking great man! Shredded and big!

Jordan

Thanks Jordon. I do double check my passport every once in awhile just to verify :-) My wife's family and many of my co-workers think I am bullshitting them. I guess it's a good problem to have.......

Again, proper training and intensity is important but it still boils down to proper nutrition which is why I am not so "forgiving" with those who still allow cheat meals or IIFYM :-)

John

jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: walkercoq

Man, you look great! You are a true inspiration and you prove that the age is not an excuse! Keep the good work and never stop to motivate us!

Thanks, that is the whole goal Denis. I look at it as a way to inspire people on this forum not for my personal ego gratification :-)

It proves that age is just a number and we don't have to accept weakness and sickness as we get older if we take control of our health and nutrition. Scott could be the new Jack LaLanne of our time if he keeps doing what is doing.

John

Adawg38
Adawg38 g Aaron Henry
563 Post(s)
563 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Looking good man. Definatly don't look 51. Keep up the hardwork and inspiration.

I have been training coming up on 6 years and have made some great gainz. I've done a lot of trial and error on myself as well as learned from others and through research online. I've come along way in strength and size since I've started. I will continue to learn and make myself better each day. MS Athlete/Super Hermanite BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE, BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL.
jmboiardi
2.6K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Adawg38

Looking good man. Definatly don't look 51. Keep up the hardwork and inspiration.

Thanks Aaron :-)

John

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .