Thanks ! 

MS Athelete / Super Hermanite / SHF
Markohumm
Markohumm g Mark Hummel
45 Post(s)
45 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: nate_dawg

If I were you I would stick to the meal plan and routine you have, but just stay consistent and be patient. I will say that if you want to get big you really need to stick to the 10-12 rep range, occasionally a heavier set of 6-8. Focus on time under tension with slower tempos such as 1-1-3 or 2-2-2. Try not to get discouraged because one morning you will look in the morrior and see that you have made all sorts of gains!

I was learning about periodization, so I decided to give it a try.The rotation of 4 weeks heavy with low reps and 4 weeks moderate with higher reps has been fun and I really think it has helped reduce overtraining by changing the rep patern. I go to failure for both rep ranges. I like training to failure.

What do you guys thinkabout periodization? Move me do a different thread if needed.

William_Steinset
William_Steinset p William Steinset
1K Post(s)
1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 1969
Posted
Posted By: Markohumm

I was learning about periodization, so I decided to give it a try.The rotation of 4 weeks heavy with low reps and 4 weeks moderate with higher reps has been fun and I really think it has helped reduce overtraining by changing the rep patern. I go to failure for both rep ranges. I like training to failure.

What do you guys thinkabout periodization? Move me do a different thread if needed.

That is a very good strategy ! I personally use different weights and rep ranges very randomly. I would suggest not using it 4 weeks heavy 4 weeks light, rather use it randomly from workout to workout, with some degree of plainning. You will shock your body much more if you use different weights and different times instead of scheduling the times

MS Athelete / Super Hermanite / SHF
Markohumm
Markohumm g Mark Hummel
45 Post(s)
45 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

Well, for now I stick with the 4 week rotation because it's easier for me to measure my strength gains if that period builds on itself. I may try the more random approach next. 

Btw, I'm in weak two of strength right now and busted my pr!!! Yea!

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Markohumm

Well, for now I stick with the 4 week rotation because it's easier for me to measure my strength gains if that period builds on itself. I may try the more random approach next. 

Btw, I'm in weak two of strength right now and busted my pr!!! Yea!

Hell yeah man!!! congrats!!!  You should be video taping your PR accomplishments and posting them in the LIFTS section of your profile! #HTH

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Idris
Idris g Idrias
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2015
Posted

I agree, when I am hungry, I'm hungry! Usually late at night I will grab a Chocolate/Carmel Protein shake!

Idrias.moore Idriasmoore
Idris
Idris g Idrias
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2015
Posted

100% agree man! You want t get bigger then eat bigger! Include your fruits, vegetables and wate and protein shake!

Idrias.moore Idriasmoore
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .