Page 2 of 2 ▾
Erica_Stibich
Erica_Stibich a Erica Stibich
18 Post(s)
18 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2012
Posted
Posted By: csariraksa

First of all, welcome to SHF! 

Don't know if this helps, but over the years I've been finding that when I start a new program, I just have to dive in head first. Roll out of bed, stretch out, and hit the gym! Pick a simple program that you like and can stick to, something that suits your level of fitness. And as you progress, you can modify, add new exercises, increase frequency and intensity, etc. But more importantly, you have to pick a program that you believe in and you have to believe in your training and the process, and if you have them, your coaches as well. If you don't believe in it, why do it? Also, be sure to consult a health physician before starting a new program. Start light and work your way up if you're a beginner or if you're just getting back into the swing of things.

Surround yourself with good people that will support you and keep you accountable. But more importantly, don't allow yourself to make excuses. Everyone can make a hundred excuses before they even get out of bed, but excuses don't get you your desired results. Figure out why you want to achieve the things that you want to achieve. If you need to write it down and keep it on a piece of paper so you can remind yourself every now and then why you're working so hard to accomplish what it is that you want to accomplish. Write down your goals on a piece of paper and every day before you get out of bed, read that piece of paper. Envision yourself conquering that goal. And don't be afraid to break that big, main goal up into small daily goals - things like going to the gym in the morning or after work, going on a walk during your break, hitting your macros for the day, etc. Before you know it, conquering all these small goals will become habit and they'll bring you closer and closer to that vision you have for yourself.

Hope this helped!

Just got motivated by reading your post! :)

Honors Chemical Engineer Graduate from the University of Florida. Over 10 years experience in the Food and Beverage industry. Instagram: ericastibich02
csariraksa
csariraksa g Connie Sariraksa
21 Post(s)
21 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Maintain Date Joined: July 7, 2011
Posted
Posted By: Erica_Stibich

Just got motivated by reading your post! :)

Aww, why thank you :) I appreciate that

Dabbling in powerlifting, weight lifting and other strength athletics. Preparing for USAF boot camp. Super Hermanite.
strongismysuperpower
strongismysuperpower g Bonnie Douthitt
22 Post(s)
22 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Just need a little info on how to get started in this forum. Newbie here :) I'm a bit clueless.

one year strength training.
csariraksa
csariraksa g Connie Sariraksa
21 Post(s)
21 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Maintain Date Joined: July 7, 2011
Posted
Posted By: strongismysuperpower

Just need a little info on how to get started in this forum. Newbie here :) I'm a bit clueless.

First off, welcome to the Hermanation!

This particular thread has (mostly) been kept to the Lady Hermanites so we can help each other with our goals. So if you have any questions, ask away! :)

Dabbling in powerlifting, weight lifting and other strength athletics. Preparing for USAF boot camp. Super Hermanite.
Krokador
Krokador g Melyssa StHilaire
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Hey gals (and guys if you're lurking!) I just joined SHF a few days back and I've slowly been getting accustomed to the site. I wasn't sure there were any other girls on here until I stumbled on this forum section. It's good to know I'm not alone! :) (Although I do get along with guys just fine haha).

The last post here was a while ago, so maybe I can give it some life back?

So what are you girls' goals? I'm currently doing a sponsored fat loss challenge (which I'm kind of hating because, really, while I DO want to lose fat, I like getting stronger more! So it's a bit lame to have to look at my lifts not getting much stronger over this time because I'm eating at a fairly big caloric deficit). But I shall soldier through! Plus, the holidays are a good excuse to do a micro bulk haha!

I don't know what to put here. I never know what to write here. Maybe one day I will figure it out.
Maryjane
Maryjane g jean marie Espejo
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

I'm new at this too i basically wanna loose weight and Mantain muscle mass not new to lifting weights been doing for about 7 months now

lose weight gain some muscle whent on mini bulk now I wanna drop body fat been doing circuit twice a week heavy lifting 4 times a week exercise 6 times a week one day off carb cycle micros protein intake 180-200 fat intake 79 grams of fat I'm 159 pound 5'4 female

Em79
Em79 g Emma Alman
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Erica_Stibich

Hey EM79!!!!! So good to see another lady in the community! We can definitely help you with training, nutrition, or just some motivation!!! The goal is to have a supportive group where we can talk, learn and help each other achieve our goals! Let us know if you have questions.

Also, we are working on improving our News Feed which should become an awesome spot for us to post about workouts, ask questions, post pics and anything else that might help!

thank you erica :) I would say you have achieved that goal, definitely a very supportive site!

Jade_Blade
Jade_Blade g Diana Lee
38 Post(s)
38 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2014
Posted

Ooh, I had no idea there were this many active ladies around the forums. I'd love to help keep us all motivated and working hard. I'm sending friend requests to all the girls on here. More female inspiration for everyone!

Calisthenics light my fire & parkour keeps it hot. "When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no tomorrow."
matt42van
matt42van g Matt VANDEWIEL
53 Post(s)
53 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2015
Posted

So....first off.....my deepest apologies...I am not a woman. So say the word and I will never step foot in ladies portion of the forums again...lol Just want to pick the brains of the female hermanites....with yes, probably a really stupid, seemingly immature question about being a girl in the gym...if I may. And hey, it may be an interesting topic.

Yes, it is about me...a guy...aproaching you, a gir,l in the gym....which I never have done, and dont think I ever will do...because it seems pretty douchy to me, and I can certainly see why women would hate it, it kinda feels like an unwritten rule of the gym. Its kind of like hitting on the bartender or your waitress...its just classless and they probably get it all the time, you are no different than the last guy or next guy who will try. I cant be that guy....but..... there is this girl see....lmao.

Is it possible to accomplish this...and not be douchy, and cause awkward workouts in the future for the both of us?

Thanks in advance to all the ladies who care to help...please be kind...lol (sorry again for breaking the rules of the forum...)

matt42van
53 Post(s)
Posted

So....first off.....my deepest apologies...I am not a woman. So say the word and I will never step foot in ladies portion of the forums again...lol Just want to pick the brains of the female hermanites....with yes, probably a really stupid, seemingly immature question about being a girl in the gym...if I may. And hey, it may be an interesting topic.

Yes, it is about me...a guy...aproaching you, a gir,l in the gym....which I never have done, and dont think I ever will do...because it seems pretty douchy to me, and I can certainly see why women would hate it, it kinda feels like an unwritten rule of the gym. Its kind of like hitting on the bartender or your waitress...its just classless and they probably get it all the time, you are no different than the last guy or next guy who will try. I cant be that guy....but..... there is this girl see....lmao.

Is it possible to accomplish this...and not be douchy, and cause awkward workouts in the future for the both of us?

Thanks in advance to all the ladies who care to help...please be kind...lol (sorry again for breaking the rules of the forum...)

matt42van
53 Post(s)
Posted

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .