Skip to main content

What’s Your New Year Fitness Game Plan?

Enter today for your chance to win a Grand Prize valued over $900!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Alexander_Djordjevic
Alexander_Djordjevic g Alexander Djordjevic
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Maintain Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Name: Alexander Djordjevic
Weight: 70kg (154lb)
Bodyfat: 6%

Measurements:
     Neck: 32cm (14")     
     Chest: 100cm (39.5")     
      Forearm: 29cm (11.5")    
      Hip: 90cm (35.5")      
    Calve: 35cm (14")      
    Shoulder: 119cm (47")     
     Arm: 35cm (14")     
    Waist: 76cm (30")       
   Thigh: 45cm (18")   
      Height: 184cm (6.04ft.)

Fitness Report:
     I started working out about four years ago, my main motivation was to change my overall appearance. Since then I’ve been fortunate enough to gain 20lbs of muscle by changing my meal plan and working out 4-5 times a week, with the help of my friends, fitness trainer and your videos. During my first year I was able to make the most progress, my strength increased a lot and I gained those 20lbs. Since then I’ve been moving forward little by little.    
    For 2014 my plans are to maintain what I have and gain a little strength. Mostly because I’m a civil engineering student, which means that I’m studying a lot! I’m happy if I can work out 3 times a week, which is only good for maintaining, but when I’m at the gym I give 100% . I split my workout routine on to three days, first day is for chest and biceps, second for back and triceps and third for shoulders and legs. I’m a big fan of high intensity workouts, that’s why I incorporate a lot of drop sets, supersets, pause reps and sometimes FST-7 into my workout routines. I usually work out at night, for about 2 hours, either alone or with a friend. I prefer to workout with someone because it pushes me a little more and I think it’s better for increasing my strength, because when I workout with a person I try to increase the strength factor, I would probably go a little heavier than when I’m by myself. When I’m by myself working out I tend to go a little lighter with the weights or I’m just trying to keep the blood pumping and follow my workout routine.
My daily macronutrients are around:         
Calories: 2000 kcal     
Protein: 190 gram      
    Carbs: 230 gram         
Fat: 40 gram

Here is my workout routine

Day 1: Chest, Biceps and upper abs.

*Chest:
1. Flat dumbbell chest press, (4*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
2. Incline dumbbell chest press, (3*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
3. High cable flys, (3*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
4. Two ball medicine ball pushups/dumbbell chest squeeze, (3*8-10)

*Biceps:
1. Barbell bicep curl, (4*8-10)- first set is a drop set.
2. Dumbbell hammer curl, (3*8-10)- first set is a drop set.
3. Cable curl, (3*8-10)- first set is a drop set.
4. One arm TRX curl (3*until failure)

*Upper abs:
1. Ab pulldown, (4*until failure)
2. Ball Crunch (LF Cable), (4*until failure)

- Before I start performing the actual chest exercises I usually do a few reps of pushups and dips, just to get the blood pumping and warm up my triceps. For my first exercise I do a warm up set with lighter weight, to prevent injuries as much as I can and to get familiar with the movement. My first set is a drop set, I grab a pair of 30kg dumbbells and have someone spot me. After 8-10 reps I lower the weight by approximately 25%, do another 8-10 reps, then lower it again by some 20% and go out until muscle failure. For second, third a fourth set I try to do 10 reps maintaining strict form and full range of motion. I use the same principal for my second and third exercise doing it with three sets. For my last chest exercise I do a super set. I take a pair of medicine balls, put my feet on an elevated surface and start doing as many pushups as I can, I usually get out from 15-20 reps. Right after I finish with a set of pushups I immediately do a few reps of one arm dumbbell chest squeezes. I do this for my last two sets, finishing my chest routine.

- Now on to biceps. The first exercise is a barbell bicep curl. For this I’m using a pair of 2.0" Iron Bull Strength Grips. I start of with a pair of 7.5kg plates and do a drop set for my fist set, just like for chest. For my second set I might lower the weights, depending on my energy levels. The last rep of my third set is a pause rep with a 2-2-6 tempo, I bring the bar up for two seconds, hold the position for another two, and lowering the bar for six seconds. While lowering, I stop at 4 seconds holding the position for a moment or two, continue down stopping again at 2 seconds and holding for a bit, and then finally letting the bar down. I do this because this because it gives me an incredible pump. Again, I do this exercise with proper form and full range of motion. My second exercise I usually preform sitting down. I strap on the Iron Bull Strength Grips onto some dumbbells and go for it, doing three sets with the first being a drop set. I apply the same method for my third exercise, with strict form. My last exercise is a one arm TRX curl, I do three sets of these until muscle failure, finishing my bicep routine.

- For abs, as I said, I do two exercises. Ab pulldowns and ball crunches for four sets until muscle failure. Every exercise I do for abs, either upper or lower, I do with weights or with my bodyweight because I want my abs to pop out like blocks.

Day 2: Back, triceps and lower abs.

*Back:
1. Pullups, (4*8-10)
2. Barbell bent over row, (3*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
3. Chin ups, (3*8-10)

4. Monkey pulls, (3*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
5. Hyper extension, (3*8-10)

*Triceps:
1. Skull crushers, (4*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
2. Tricep pushdown, (3*8-10) - first set is a drop set.
3. Tricep kickback/ one arm triceps extensions, (3*8-10)
4. TRX tricep press, (3*8-10)

*Lower abs:
1. Hanging leg raise, (4*until failure)
2. Hanging knee raise, (4*until failure)

- For my first exercise I do four sets of 8-10 reps of pullups, with strict form and full range of motion. My second exercise is a barbell bent over row with Iron Bull Strength Grips. The first is a drop set, again, the same principal as for dumbbell presses. Second and third sets are standard sets of 8-10 reps with as much weight as I can handle. For my third exercise I do chin ups, three sets of 8-10 reps. Fourth exercise is a monkey pull with my Iron Bull Strength Grips, with the first set being a drop set, continuing with two more sets. And for my final exercise I do three sets of 8-10 reps with a 2-2-4 tempo of hyper extensions.

- My first exercise for triceps are skull crushers on a incline bench, with first set being a drop set, followed by three more regular sets. The same goes for tricep pushdowns. My third exercise is a superset of tricep kickbacks and extensions on the cable machine, no drop sets here, just three sets of 8-10 reps. After that I finish of with three sets of TRX tricep presses, finishing my triceps routine.

For lower abs I do four sets of hanging leg raises and hanging knee raises with weights, that’s basically my lower abs routine.

Day 3: Shoulders, legs and obliques.

*Shoulders:
1. Dumbbell military press, (4*8-10) – first set is a drop set.
2. Dumbbell front raise, (3*8-10) – first set is a drop set.
3. Dumbbell lateral raise, (3*8-10) –first set is a drop set.
4. Rear cable pulls, (3*8-10) –first set is a drop set.
5. Barbell shrugs, (3*8-10) –first set is a drop set.

*Legs:
1. Squats, (4*10-12)
2. Front squats, (3*10-12)
3. Deadlift, (3*10-12)
4. Calf raise, (3*10-12)

*Obliques:

1. Advanced windmill, (4*15-20)
2. Wood chopper, (4*15-20)
3. Floor whipper, (4*15-20)
4. Side crunches, (4*15-20)

- My fist exercise for shoulders is a dumbbell military press, sitting down. Before I start I do a warm up set to prevent injuries and familiarize with the movement. I usually have someone spot me for my first set, I use a pair of 27.5kg or 30kg dumbbells, after 8-10 reps I drop the weights by 25%, then by another 20%, just like for dumbbell chest presses. For my other sets I try to keep proper form and full range of motion. For my second exercise I do dumbbell front raises sitting down, because of more stability and strength, with Iron Bull Strength Grips. Again, my first set is a drop set followed by two more regular sets, I usually start with 10kg or 12.5kg dumbbells. My third exercise is a dumbbell lateral raise, sitting down, with the first set being a drop set, again with 10kg or 12.5kg dumbbells. For rear cable pulls I use a 2-2-4 tempo, with a drop set for my first set, sometimes I even throw in a pause rep for the last rep with a 2-2-6 tempo. I preform this exercise with some 15-20lbs. For barbell shrugs I use my Iron Bull Strength Grips, again with first set being a drop set. I start my shrugs with around 50-60kg.

- For legs I start off with a good stretch, to prevent injuries and I don’t incorporate drop sets, I just do more reps. Before I begin my first exercise, I do two warm up sets of squats with 5-10kg plates, and then start with my sets. For my first set I’ll start with around 50kg, and build up as move on. I usually max out at around 90-100kg. For front squats I don’t do any warm ups, I just lower the weights to around 40kg and finish the exercise. My third exercise is a deadlift. I’m pretty new to deadlifts so I don’t go to heavy with them, I’ll probably do it with around 50kg. And I finish my leg routine with calf raises, with light weight.

For obliques I do those exercises which I mentioned. I’m pretty happy if I can finish them because after my leg routine I’m really exhausted.

- Well, thats my workout routine for now, I'll be adjusting it for over time. I usually change a few exercises every month or two, so my body doesn't get used to them to much.

- And I want to thank you Scott for all of your videos, advice and workout routines, I've learned a lot from them. I definitely woudn't be where I am today, in terms of fitness, if it wasn't for you, so one more time, THANK YOU!

*I have one more photo of myself on my profile, in my '2014 Contest' album.

ajthebomb12
ajthebomb12 g Ali Razi
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Ali Master

Back ground story: my name is Ali master and all my life I have been so thin, it doesn’t matter how much I eat end up having a only fat belly, so as soon as I discovered fitness and the gym I realized I can make a difference ever since. It was not only 2 months ago since I joined. I am 19 years old, 5 feet and 6 inches I weight about 115 pounds I used to weigh 110 pounds before I started the gym

My training routine: this workout routine is for the second month :D

Day 1: chest and biceps:

• Super for barbell bench press incline barbell bench press and dumbbell fly. All 10 reps and 3 sets
  • Super decline dumbbell bench press and parallel dips for chest 10 reps and 3 sets
  • 3 sets 30 rep normal push up
  • Dumbbell alternate incline curl 3 sets 10 reps
  • Cable bicep curl 3 set 10 reps
  • close grip barbell bicep curl 12,10,8,12
  • Dumbbell alternate preacher curl 3 set 10 reps

Day 2: Back and Triceps

• Back Pull ups 3 sets 10 reps
  • Super Wide grip Lat pull down with wide grip pulldown behind the neck 3 set 10 reps
  • Cable seated row 12,10,8,12
  • Super Skull Crusher with dumbbell and barbell 4 set 10 reps
  • Dumbbell standing one arm triceps extension alternate 3 sets 12 times
  • Cable rope triceps pull down 3 sets 12 times

Day 3: Shoulder, leg and traps (shrugs)

• Barbell standing press behind the neck 3 sets 12 times
  • Dumbbell power partials 3 sets 10 times
  • Dumbbell side lateral raise bent 3 set 15 times
  • Super for traps dumbbell shoulder shrugs then barbell shoulder shrugs 3 sets 12 plus 9 reps
  • Barbell squats 12,10,12,10,8
  • Dumbbell hamstring curl 3 sets 10 reps
  • Caif press on leg press machine 3 sets 10 times
  • Forearms barbell hand curls 3 set 15

Every month I hit different type of exercise reason is because I want get all of my muscles every single exercise hit different type of muscle like for example triceps have 3 type of muscle and for abs i start with them next month it.

My meal plan is morning meals: 3 boiled eggs with normal bread and whey protein mixed with milk and banana and oats with strawberry.

Snack: peanut butter with glass of milk

For Lunch: rice or sometimes baked potato with chicken

Dinner: lentil and chicken breast with whey protein mixed with milk and banana and weekly anything from McDonald!

feedback: thank you for making great video on youtube learn alot from them as well I learn from my mistake !

Andyconda
Andyconda g Andy Mori
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Andy Mori

San Antonio, TX USA

Weight - 155lb

Body Fat - 12.5%

Measurements:

Neck - 14.5in

Chest - 39.5in

Forearm - R=11.5in L=11in (uneveness is due to me being a tennis player :[ )

Waist - 32in

Thigh - R=21.5in L=21in

Calves - both 14.2in

Fitness Report

I am currently a 22 year old 5'6" male attending UTSA here in San Antonio and working a part time job at the same time. Due to class times and work times, I dont have the luxury of working out at the same time everyday, but I have figured a schedule taht can sustain my fitness plan. I love training, and even when I have tests and assignments to take care of I always cut back on any activity possible before resorting to not hitting the gym. Ive come a pretty long way from when I first began lifting in high school. I literally knew nothing when I first started, and all I did were push ups, crunches, and curls (with only one 15lb dumbell by the way, I couldnt afford 2 haha). Then of course I realized you needed weights for every body part, so I begain doing typical bro work outs. Over the years Ive gained more knowledge from various sources and by observing my own body and am now implementing complex, but vital, movements such as the squat, deadlift, and clean. My current goal is to begin cutting. I had gone on backpacking trip to South America for about 2 months, and while it was an awesome experience, I lost so much muscle. My friend and I are both gym rats, and we did push ups and pull ups everyday (people thought we were insane) to try to slow down the muscle loss but of course nothing could replace actualy weights. The obvious decision upon returning to the states was to start a bulk in order to gain back my lost strength and muscle as fast as I could. However I chose to lean bulk this time. I had dirty bulked previously and while I did get stronger and bigger, it was a bad bigger as all my gained fat made me look like a poofy marshmellow. I can gain muscle at a decent rate but losing fat is always tough for me so large fat gains is not ideal. The picture above is the result of my lean bulk and Im pretty happy with the results. Im not as big as I want to be, my chest and shoulders are rather lacking but I can see and feel the fat beginning to surface so my plan now is to cut, lean down to about 8% while retaining as much muscle as possible, and then go on another lean bulk.

My training split was 3 days on, 1 day off. It was a pretty standard split: Chest and Tri, Back and Bi, Legs and Shoulders. On my day off I would do a little ab workout and then made sure I stretched and foam rolled to recover my muscles. I came back from South America around august so Ive been lean bulking for a while now. Of course this workout didnt sustain over the course of 6 months, and as my progress began to become stagnant, I changed it up to a 4 days on, 1 day off. Now its Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders and arms, and then Ab/Foam Roll/Stretch on my rest day. The change was good, and my lifts began to improve again. Smaller changes I made were switching out some execises to target areas I wanted to improve on (for example, I started doing incline flys to improve my upper chest, which has now improved from non-existent to kind of existent haha). Right now my Workouts look like this:

Chest

Flat Bench 4 sets

Incline Bench 4 sets

Incline Flys 4 sets

Cable Flys 4 sets

Decline Hammer Strength Machine 3 sets

Back

Weighted Pull ups 4 sets

Deadlifts 5 sets

Bent Over Rows 4 sets

T-bar rows 4 sets

Legs

Squats 6 sets

Leg press super setted with calf raises 4 sets

Barbell Lunges 4 sets

Shoulders and arms

Clean and Press 5 sets

EZ Bar curls 4 sets

Weighted Dips 4 sets

Reverse Cable Flys 4 sets

Tricep Pull Downs 4 sets

Cable Preacher Curls 4 sets

Dumbell Lateral Raises 4 sets

I have a shoulder injury from my varisty tennis days, which at times can act up but over the years it has gotten a lot better. My left wrist however, was injured at one point and even though its fine now effects of the injury still plague me, particularly with suppinated grips. That is why I cant curl the way I used to. EZ bar curls I have to go light, usually I do 21s since the weight is so light. I do cable preacher curls because I can play with the angle to where it doesnt irritate my wrist while still keeping good tension on my bicep. My biceps suffer the most from my wrist injury and Im still experiementing with different exercises to see how I can hit my biceps without making my wrist ache. As for my rep ranges and weight, I choose a weight where I can do around 12 reps for my first set, and increase the weight each set to where I hit around 5-6 solid reps on my last set. Some exceptions are when I throw in a strength session to mix things up, such as doing a 5x5 for my squats and deadlifts. Other times I may trade out the cleans for dumbell shoulder presses. I just listen to my body and trade out exercises (as long as they still target the same area) to try to prevent plateuing. As for my nutrition, I decided to give your follow your nutrition plan that you made a video about since you have an awesome physique haha My calculations came out to a cutting calorie limit of 2000 calories, with my macros at 199.5g protein, 195g carbs, and 46.5g fats. I take whey protein isolate, but thats the only supplement Im using. I havnt really had the need yet to take other supplements, plus Im not to keen on taking too many supplements. I like to keep things simple and each as much solid food as I can. The worst part of my training is probably that I dont have a reliable workout partner. My friends are unfortunately not fitness fanatics, and my best friend who is is currently in medical school so he has no time. This means 90% of the time I work out alone, which makes it a little dangerous to push myself on things such as the bench. But I still push myself and Im not embarassed to admit that Ive had to get saved from being stuck a few times trying to hit that final rep haha. But that pretty much sums up my fitness goals at the moment. Hopefully by March 30th Ill have a cool lean physique to show you! Keep up the great work Scott, your videos always have great advice! Plus you crack me up a lot of the times haha

Jespah
Jespah g
18 Post(s)
18 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

Before Photo(s):

I will provide more photos when I can. I’m sorry but I don’t own a camera, so all I can do is take pictures with my phone, I hope that’s alright. Also, if you have any request then just ask me, I will be more than willing to answer any questions or show specific pictures if it is required. So far I have uploaded four pictures to an album on my profile labelled "January Contest - How I currently am"

Name: Jesper Kollerup

Height: 186cm.

Weight: 70kg

Body fat %: 13.5% (Measured with a scan, so it's very accurate)

Measurements(First time I ever measure myself, it might not be 100% accurate but it is approximate):

Biceps: 30cm

Neck: 37cm

Forearm: 28cm

Thigh: 53cm

Waist: 71cm

Chest: 90cm

Calves: 36cm

Hip: 81cm

Shoulders 110cm

Fitness Report and backstory:

In late 2012 I began my fitness journey by joining an old, simple and privately owned gym. I didn’t have a lot of experience with training beforehand, so my workout sessions consisted mostly of trial and error – until I made the mistake of using too much weight and almost causing myself an injury to my right shoulder. Since that incident, I quit the gym and got afraid that I might have crushed my own dreams of achieving a functional, effective and good-looking physique. However, I decided to continue training – the only difference being that I wouldn’t use external weights, but instead do purely callisthenic exercises. Throughout 2013 I progressed a lot and got way stronger and more flexible than I had ever been before, I even got myself a pull-up bar mounted to the wall for my 18th birthday as well as a pair of Olympic rings. Not only did I move forward in regards to my overall health, but I also spent every day researching the vast subject of training and health, because I knew that if I ever wanted to succeed in becoming the best version of who I am, then I would need the knowledge to do that. Fast forward to January 2014 – Finally I felt ready to join a gym again and my motivation was gigantic, I was eating clean, training hard and I had seen and still felt the results of a year with hard work and dedication. My friend from school had often asked me if I wanted to go and be his workout partner, and until now I had declined, but I knew that I needed change – I felt ready, this was it! Two weeks ago, in fact the day this contest was announced, I had my first session in the gym. I was alone, and I absolutely hated it. It was filled to the brink with sweaty people, and with me being used to training alone in my own private room I quickly got very shy and nervous, so nervous that I ended up going right back home. I felt disappointed, but I also realised that the biggest step for me wasn’t going to be training with weights, but training with people. I have always been big on improving myself and I love the quote “Life starts outside your comfort zone”  so I knew that all I had to do was get out there and do it. During the past two weeks I’ve fought my anxiety and with the help of my partner it’s a lot better already, although not quite gone yet. We push each other hard and correct each other’s form. We focus on training with our soul and not our ego – so that means appropriate weights and getting in the zone, not letting anyone bother us. But even though I am moving forward, then there is still plenty of obstacles for me to overcome. First of all, I have school every day from 8:00am to 16:10pm, so I have to keep track of not only what I eat, but also that I eat enough to maintain a stable energy level throughout the day, because I have to go work out directly after school, followed up by homework, dinner and then sleep. Sleeping is another factor that I value highly, because I know how bad I feel if I don’t get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep every night – however, even though I want to go to bed at 22:00pm then I often exceed that limit and stay up to read or play video games. To correct this issue, I’ve acquired a little black notebook so that I can write down everything I eat as well as note down when I wake up and when I go to bed – I’ve read that keeping track of your routine helps greatly and also works as a tool to see progress easier, so I have started doing that, because everything that can help me reach my goals is a must-have for me! Therefore one of my biggest obstacles is going to be training well consistently, which means limiting my usage of the computer and instead focusing more on doing things that will lead me closer to my fitness goals. Other than that, I’m gonna try my best to follow my meal plan and also remember to do corrective stretching every day, because as I mentioned earlier, then I almost caused myself an injury last year. The aftermath was that I immediately went to a chiropractor to see how much harm I had caused to my shoulder, but fortunately it wasn’t too bad, however, I was told that I have a winged scapula and I needed to do specific exercises and stretching to correct the issue. At the time, I didn’t do much about it, but recently I’ve started focusing intensely on performing the stretches and exercises that I was given, because any movement that involves my chest or back gets limited and effected by my scapula and shoulders. That means no more arriving home feeling “tired” or that I “need to sit down for five minutes to just relax and play this game” no, I’m gonna have to finish all my objectives before I can allow myself any pauses, so that is going to be harsh, but necessary. I’m willing to do whatever is required of me to become the strongest version of me that I can possibly be. This is the most important thing of all right now, because time is at the essence. I just turned 18 and I’m almost done with school – my hero’s journey is about to begin and not only do I want to start it off fit and healthy, but I want my training to lead me on to my destined path. There is no quitting, there is only going forward and this contest is gonna help me stay on track as an extra carrot on the stick and also give me motivation to fight ever harder.

Below I have listed my meal plan and exercise routine as well as a “in short” list so it’s easier to look through.

All exercises contain 6 sets with 8 reps each.

The last 3 sets will be drop sets and if I feel like something is lacking I’ll do a burn set in the end of the routine. Every rep will be controlled and focused and I have a spotter to help me to forced repetitions as well. Rest between sets will be around 30-40 seconds, except for my abdominal workout where I have no rest in-between sets.

Before each routine I will warm up the appropriate muscle groups in addition to doing my scapula and shoulder stretches/exercises every day. While I stretch during the day I will also meditate for a bit to calm down, visualize what it is that I want to achieve and loosen up a bit, because my training is as much about my mental state as it is about my physical state, they rely on each other.

Workout Routine:

Monday (Chest): Bench press, dumbbell press, dumbbell flys, low cable flys and forearm curls.

Note – Chest day is gonna be very low weight, since I am dead cautious about my form. My shoulders and scapula frightens me and I don’t want to harm myself. This requires some serious focus so I can perform every movement 100% correctly!

Tuesday (Back): Deadlifts, Low rows, Lat-Pulldowns, Barbell Shrugs, Negative Pull-ups, Face-pulls and triceps supersets.

Note – Back day is another very important aspect of my training, as I was told that I am stronger in my chest and biceps than I am in my back muscles, which can result in my shoulders being pulled slightly forward, therefore one of my goals is to build a massive back and correct and imbalances I have in my body.

Wednesday (Shoulders): Dumbbell side lateral raises, Barbell shoulder presses, Dumbbell raises,

Front plate raises and Plate steering wheels.

Thursday (Legs): Barbell back squats, Barbell lunges, Leg presses, Leg extensions and weighted calf raises.

Friday (Arms and Abs): Bicep curls, Preacher curls, Tricep pushdown, Skullcrushers, various exercises for my abs and obliques.

Note – Every second week I will do weighted abdominal exercises to switch it up a bit.

Saturday and Sunday are rest days.

Meal plan:

Breakfast: Porridge with blueberries, black coffee, protein shake, a piece of fruit.

Lunch: Two bagels with salad, deli meats and a bit of mustard.

After lunch: Bag of vegetables (carrots, cucumber, tomatoes) and a piece of fruit.

After workout: Protein shake, two pieces of crispbread with peanut butter and banana on top, black coffee.

Dinner: At least 350g of lean meat with potato (regular or sweet) or rice at the side with broccoli or other green vegetables.

At night: Cottage cheese or fish, vegetables.

At all times throughout the day I keep a glass of water next to me. I stay hydrated 24/7.

In the beginning I won’t be too strict with my diet and go into details with how many grams I need of carbohydrates/fats/protein, because that will only make it more difficult for me. I am starting my exam period soon and with me being in school and exercising this much during the day, not to mention homework etc. I have to keep it simple. It’s also the easiest for me to acquire and prepare, plus – I enjoy eating it! It’s also what I have been eating for a while and I do notice gains in muscle whilst I still maintain a stable body fat percentage. My main goal is just to build some more muscle and strength, as well as fix my winged scapula and this diet lets me do so easily.

Goals and obstacles in short:

I want to build more muscle (size) and strength. I’m gonna practice and perfect my form so I can avoid any injuries and start off my life in the gym good and safe rather than rushed and painful – so that means learning the exercises and increasing my mind-muscle connection before I go all-in heavy on them. I want to stretch every day and lower my winged scapula with the exercises listed in my routine and the ones that I have gotten from my chiropractor. I want to be able to go to the gym and not be afraid of listing or feel shy around the other people training there. I want to increase my Deadlift from 80kg to 90kg and perform five strict pull-ups (I can do a few pull-ups already, but not perfectly due to my back, so I’m gonna do a lot of negatives to get used to the controlled motion).

My obstacles are a having a packed schedule being in my last year of high-school as well as a tendency to sit at the computer too often, which also leads me to staying up a bit too late at times. I have a slight winged scapula which makes certain movements very difficult to perform, but I’ve been told that it can be corrected by slow and good progression together with specialized exercises (i.e. scapula push-ups, holding the superman, negative pull-ups) and stretches. I’m a tad bit shy when it comes to working in the gym and it really tests me whenever I am there alone or if there is a lot of people, which leads to me getting distracted and thinking too much.

Thanks a lot for reading my submission and thanks to Scott, his team and the sponsors for making this contest possible – it really helps me put my mind to what I want to achieve!

Train hard and be safe,

Jesper

In my spare time I rescue children from earthquakes and ride tamed tigers, as well as extreme diving and I also support independent movie projects. Oh, and did I mention that I know how to cook as well? Don't try to find yourself - create yourself. Be who you want to be. Get ripped or die mirin'
deni908
deni908 g Daniel Djordjevic
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted

This is a last minute submission, so I couldn't find any newspapers from today, but I got ur last video in the background.

Name: Daniel Djordjevic

Height: 193cm (6 foot 4 inches)

Weight: 77kg (170lbs)

Bodyfat %: 11.6

Measurements:

• Neck: 38cm (15")
  • Shoulders: 117cm (46")
  • Chest: 93cm (36.6")
  • Arms: 31cm (12.2")
  • Forearm: 27.5cm (10.8")
  • Waist: 78.5cm (30.9")
  • Hip: 87.5cm (34.4")
  • Calve: 36cm (14.2")
  • Thigh: 51.5cm (20.3")

Fitness Report and my story:

Since I can remember, I was always in sports. And I'm not talking about playing basketball on the court, or football on the street with the goals made out of rocks and moving the same when the car pass by (which most of the kids did in my time), I'm talking about 3 years of karate in the age of 7, and then going through the whole school of football in professional club 'till my teenage years. Playing for school, on different tournaments... you know how it goes, and yeah, I'm european, so when I say football, I mean soccer. At the moment, I play for local amateur club. 

After football, my second biggest love is lifting weights and body workout. I started going in gym to recover from injury (knee). My first ever workout was "100 pushups in 100 days" routine that I came across by googling. I made it up to 86. Also, I got some lines under my chest, and on triceps, and it felt good :D So, next thing I know, I spent 8 months in gym, 3 days a week. I wasn’t so serious in that time. I would spend whole winter in gym, and then just not doing anything (except cardio) for next 5-6 months. But at least, I added around 20lbs back there.

Last year, I bought some equipment, and made myself a home gym. At the moment I am dealing with a knee injury (yes, again, my height must be some kind of issue there, not sure). So this year resolution for me would be full recovery from injury, build strength and add at least 15lbs.

I have trainings with a team on tuesday, wednesday, friday and matchday on sunday. Those are hard cardio trainings (with a lot of abs and lower back workouts, so thats why I don't do them later on), so it fits well in my program. This is my weekly workout routine:

• Monday: Chest
  • Tuesday: Training at noon, back workout at evening
  • Wednesday: Training at noon
  • Thursday: Arms workout
  • Friday: Training at noon, shoulders and legs
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Sunday: Matchday

Monday-Chest

Warming up with push ups: 2 x 20

Bench Press with barbell: 4 sets x 6 reps, 3-0-1-0, 160lbs

Incline bench press with dumbbells: 3 sets x 8 reps, 3-0-1-0, 49.5lbs each dumbbell

Dumbell fly: 3 sets x 8 reps, 5-1-2-0, 33lbs each dumbbell

Bent-arm dumbbell pullover: 3 sets x 8 reps, , 4-1-2-0, 60.5lbs

Horizontal chest press: 3 sets x 8 reps, 3-0-1-0, 110lbs

Rest 90 seconds, only on bench 120 sec.

Tuesday-Back

Pullup: 4 sets x 6 reps, 2-0-2-0, 11lbs added weight

Deadlift: 4 sets x 6 reps. 2-2-2-0, 165lbs

Wide-grip lat pulldown behind the neck: 3 sets x 8 reps, 2-0-3-0, 132lbs

Seated cable rows: 3 sets x 8 reps, 2-0-3-0, 110lbs

One-arm dumbbell row: 3 sets x 8 reps, 2-0-2-0, 38.5lbs each dumbbell

Rest 90 sec.

Thursday-Arms

For the arms, I do super sets. I am not sure if I paired exercises good, but I am sure in one thing, my arms are so PUMPED UP after 35 minutes of this. Anyways, this is what I do:

Drag curl with Triceps pushdown: 3 sets x 10-12 reps

Dumbbell biceps curl with Bench dips: 3 sets x 10-12 reps

Hammer curls with Lying close-grip barbell triceps extension behind the head: 3 sets x 10-12 reps

One arm dumbbell preacher curl with Standing one-arm dumbbell triceps extension: 3 sets x 10-12 reps

No rest between exercises, 60 sec. rest between sets. I do really quick tempo, just to get muscle pumped.

Friday-Shoulders and Legs

Standing military press: 4 sets x 6 reps, 2-1-2-0, 88lbs

Barbell full squat: 3 sets x 8 reps, 3-0-2-0, 132lbs (I can’t add more weight to this, because I have to grab the barbell from the ground, and make it in squat position from there, and 132lbs is my max. I need to make something where I can put the barbell on it, and just add weight and be in squat position already)

Front dumbbell raise: 3 sets x 8 reps, 2-1-3-0, 33lbs each dumbbell

Leg extension: 3 sets x 8 reps, 1-0-2-0, 110lbs

Side lateral raise: 3 sets x 8 reps, 2-0-2-0, 22lbs

Dumbbell rear lunge: 3 sets x 8 reps, 2-0-2-1, 27.5lbs each dumbbell

Upright barbell row: 3 sets x 8 reps, 1-2-2-0, 71.5lbs

Standing barbell calf raise: 3 sets x 15 reps, 1-2-1-0, 88lbs

30 minutes of stationary bicycling.

I started this program on february 1st, and will be following it for 5 months, hoping to get some strength at the end of it. Then summer vacation, and a little rest. From there, I will see what’s next. Probably some explosive and high intensity trainings.

Regarding my meal plan, I eat 5-6 times a day. At the moment, I don’t have specific meal plan, or counting my calories and proteins, but before and after each training I eat high protein food, as well for dinner. For example: at the morning I eat cereals (or some cheese with macaroni), then I have some sandwiches or any other junk food (yeah, I know... :) ), then comes lunch (potatoes, rice, chicken breast, fish, beans, peas), then after workout I get 5 boiled eggs, and later at night I get some tuna or sardines in can. Between all of that peanut, a lot of fruits (mostly bananas)… At the moment, I can’t afford any whey or other products to help me out to reach my goal, but will definitely need to gather some money in the near future.

I’ve pretty much came to the end of this submission, and thanks to everyone for reading it. Also, I will join the guy above me,and would like to thank Scott and all the sponsors for making this contest possible.

Peace out.

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Name: Jordan Matthews

Height: 1.68cm (5’5”) Weight: 57.1kg (126 lbs)

Body Fat %: 6.5%

Measurements:

Neck: 33cm (13 inches)

Chest: 85.5cm (33 inches)

Forearm: 26cm (10 inches)

Hip: 89cm (35 inches) Calve: 32cm (12.5 inches) Shoulder: 105.5cm (41.5 inches)

Arm: 26cm (10 inches)

Waist: 74cm (29 inches)

Thigh: 50cm (19 inches)

Fitness Report: My journey started in 2012, when I joined the local gym and went to a rugby institute where they gave us a six-week gym plan to prepare us for a week long course. It was then that I started to learn about proper gym exercises, what each exercise was doing for my body, and how to use proper form when completing the exercises. I started off by going to the gym four days a week, performing a full body workout each day to get my body used to training with weights. Last year I moved into specific muscle groups each day, and have been working on individual groups since then.

Now, in 2014, my goal is to build lean muscle and become bigger (sick of being the guy who is SO skinny), increase my total body fat % to between 7-9%, create a ripped, six-pack set of abs (Like Scott :D) increase my running speed, increase my overall weight to a MINIMUM of 65kg, and to maintain my base fitness which I already have. This is all to kick-start of my dream of becoming a professional rugby player as well – in order to do that, I need to get bigger, faster and stronger. There are a lot of different things on that list to achieve, leaving no doubt in my mind that it is going to take a lot of dedication and a lot of hard work, but I also have no doubt that I have the desire and the drive to work my ass off to achieve it…always remember, if it were easy, everybody would be doing it.

The workout split I will be working too is one which consists of 5 sets of 5 reps to start out for strength training, before moving on to 16 sets of 10-15 reps per set. This will also include drop-sets, super-sets and SLOW NEGATIVES (3-1-1 tempo) to really make the muscle work that much harder! Of course I will also be doing cardio in order to keep my base fitness (possibly even improve that too), with long distant running, short distant sprinting and interval training incorporated into my training. This will include short amounts of cardio on days I won’t be training a muscle group, and larger amounts on days I don’t train a specific muscle group. On these days, I will be doing some sort of circuit training as well. I will incorporate two forms of exercises into my training – exercises using weights, and exercises using my own body weight.

My current routine is…(first number = sets, second number = reps…Ab exercises are done one after another, with no rest in-between).

Monday: CHEST & ABS:

CHEST = 5x5 Barbell Flat Bench Press, 3x15 Dumbbell Flat Bench Press (First set is a drop set where I perform 10 reps per drop, with 3 drops in total), 3x15 Dumbbell Incline Bench Press (First set is a drop set where I perform 10 reps per drop, with 3 drops in total), 3x15 High Cable Flys, 3x15 Low Cable Flys, 3x15 Plate Press, 1x15 Tricep Dips (With bodyweight suspended in the air).

ABS = 3x15 (Per side) Floor Wipers, 3x15 (Per side) Wood Chopper, 3x15 (Per side) Side Oblique Crunch, 3x15 Alternate Toe Touch.

I then do 10 minutes of interval training at the end of this workout – 1 minute running at 20km p/h (12.4 miles p/h), 1 minute walking at 6km p/h (3.7 miles p/h).

Tuesday: BACK & ABS:

BACK = 5x5 Weighted Wide Grip Pull-Ups, 3x15 Deadlift, 3x15 Barbell Bent Over Row, 3x15 Prone T-Bar Row, 3x15 (Per arm) Dumbbell Bent Over Row, 3x15 Weighted Back Extensions, 1x15 Wide Grip Pull-Ups + 3x10 Barbell Bicep Curl.

ABS = 3x20 In-Outs on a bench, 3x20 Swiss Ball Knee-Tucks, 3x20 Ab Pulldown, 3x20 Crunches with feet elevated.

Wednesday: Morning = UPPER BODY CIRCUIT TRAINING = 3 minute walk to warm up.20 Spider-man Push–Ups, 10 Pull-Ups, 10 Clean and Jerks (Barbell from the ground, to chest, then straight up above my head, no pausing), 10 Tricep-Dips (With bodyweight suspended in the air), 10 Toe-To-Bar, 10 Burpees. Repeat circuit 5 times, 3 minute walk to warm down. Evening = 5km Run

Thursday: LEGS & ABS:

LEGS = 5x5 Barbell Squat, 3x15 Box Jumps (77cm – 30.3 inches), 3x15 Leg Press, 3x15 Leg Extensions super-setted with 3x15 Calf Raises, 3x10 (Per Leg) Dumbbell Lunges, 3x15 Hamstring Curls, 1x15 Max Height Box Jumps (81cm – 31.8 inches).

ABS = 3x20 Russian Trunk Twist, 3x10 (Per side) Standing Oblique Crunch with weight, 3x15 Hanging Leg Raises, 3x15 (Per side) Floor Wipers.

Friday: SHOULDERS & ARMS:

SHOULDERS = 5x5 Standing Barbell Military Press, 3x15 Seated Dumbbell Lateral Raises, 3x15 Front Plate Raises, super-setted with 3x10 reps of Truck Drivers, 3x15 Barbell Shrugs, 3x15 Seated Arnold Press, 3x15 Dumbbell Bent Over Lateral Raise.

ARMS = 3x15 Skull-Crushers, 3x15 Tricep Dips (With bodyweight suspended in the air), 3x15 Dumbbell Incline Bicep Curls, 3x10 Pull-Ups.

I then do 10 minutes of interval training at the end of this workout – 1 minute running at 20km p/h (12.4 miles p/h), 1 minute walking at 6km p/h (3.7 miles p/h).

Saturday: CARDIO & ABS: CARDIO = 20 minutes of interval training – 1 minute running at 20km p/h (12.4 miles p/h), 1 minute walking at 6km p/h (3.7 miles p/h). Following that, 3 sets of 15 reps of clap push-up burpees, and after each clap push up I will jump up to a bar and do a pull-up. 1 minute rest between each set of burpees.

ABS = 20 Leg Lifts, 20 Deep Crunches, 20 Half Leg Lift-Half Crunches, 20 Bosu-Ball Crunches, 20 Crunches, 20 Ab Pulldowns. Repeat Ab circuit 3 times.

Sunday: REST DAY

My training could have some changes made, with some more plyometric training a possibility to help increased my speed as well as sprints ranging from 20m-100m.

The times of day I train will vary due to some of the obstacles that I have coming up. At the moment I train in the morning after breakfast and before lunch because I have nothing on during the day. However, next Monday University begins again for the year, so I am going to have classes to attend at different times during the day. This will mean some days I am training early in the morning (Approximately 6am), and then coming home for breakfast before going to University during the day. Other days I have early classes, so I will not be going to the gym until I get home at night around 5pm-6pm. Once all my classes are sorted I will have a better idea of what times I can hit the gym on which days, so for the first week or two my diet could be thrown off-balance a bit. I may not know exactly when I am going to the gym, so may not be able to get proper meals in before or after. It is very important I make sure I am hitting my macros each day and getting sufficient calories to gain weight, so I will need to plan ahead and keep plenty of food with me at all times.

Currently I am training by myself, but that may change. Some days I do train with my brother, while my friend is possibly about to join the gym, so I may train a bit with him. Apart from that, I have good support from my parents who buy me lots of good, healthy food to help me hit my daily targets.

In terms of my food and daily macronutrient intake, this is what it looks like almost every single day…

Breakfast = 4x Weet-Bix with 200ml Trim Milk. 2x Multigrain Toast (Usually Budget): One with Peanut Butter and 40g Ham, One with 50g Ham. One Banana. MACROS – 43.9g Protein, 15.5g Fat, 104.9g Carbs

Post-Training = 2x Egg Whites, 50g Ham, 200ml Trim Milk, 1x (15g) Weet-Bix. MACROS – 28.5g Protein, 2g Fat, 21g Carbs

Lunch = 1x Soy and Linseed Sandwich Thin with Cucumber, Lettuce, Tomato, 50g Ham, Boiled Egg and Half a Smoked Cheese Slice. Sandwich with 2 slices of Multigrain Bread (Usually Budget), Cucumber, Lettuce, Tomato, Boiled Egg, Half a Smoked Cheese Slice and 90g of Pam’s Smoked Tuna. MACROS – 57.3g Protein, 22.5g Fat, 51.6g Carbs

Afternoon Snack = 50g Ham, 90g Pam’s Smoked Tuna, 25g Natural Almonds. MACROS – 32.3g Protein, 17.5g Fat, 2.9g Carbs

Dinner = Variable, but always 200ml Trim Milk. MACROS – 11.6g Protein, 0.3g Fat, 10.4g Carbs

Before Bed Snack = 150g Lite Wild Berry Yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of Ground LSA. MACROS – 8.4g Protein, 3.6g Fat, 8.5g Carbs

TOTALS:

• Protein=182g (728 Calories)
  • Carbs=199g (796 Calories)
  • Fat=61g (549 Calories)

TOTAL CALORIES (Approx.) – 2073 (without dinner)

This is what it looks like at the moment, but it could change over the next little while. I may start eating more once University starts up again, as I will be burning more calories by walking around all day to and from classes. Also I may increase it just because I want to see my weight going up week after week, not up one week and down the next. Some possible changes I will make are eating more carbohydrates overall (maybe 20-30g tops), and also trying to eat more sweet potatoes, rice, and maybe even more fruit. I will also try and boost my fat intake closer to 90-100g, and will look to achieve this by eating more whole eggs and maybe peanut butter. With possible changes being made to my diet my protein intake may suffer, and if so, I will have to look at maybe getting some sort of whey protein to make sure I continue hitting my daily target of 250g.

So, that’s about it. Lots that I want to achieve in 2014 and lots to factor into exactly how I am going to go about achieving it. I know I want this badly though, and with another ten months ahead of me I’m sure I can make some massive progress. Lots of hours of training, lots of healthy eating, and lots of quality sleep are keys, as well as making sure I stay on track and always remember…if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

*NOTE: There are more before photos from January this year on my profile page in the album 'Progress'.

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
FireFistAce
FireFistAce g Shamir Dickens
8 Post(s)
8 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2012
Posted

Name: Shamir Dickens

Weight: 78kg

Bodyfat %: 10-13%

Measurements:

Neck: 37cm

Chest: 104cm

Forearm: 29,8cm

Hip: 100cm

Calve: 38cm

Shoulder: 56cm

Arm: 33cm

Waist: 78,5cm

Thigh: 58,5cm

(Measurements may not be 100% accurate.)

Fitness Report: I'm 21 y/o, 1,90m tall and I started training because my doctor told me to. Basically I was like the skinniest kid around, not even kidding. Been training for 3 years. First year and a half I had absolutely no idea about anything gym-related and I was just messing around in the gym. I was eating so many shitty foods, sweets and drink soda almost every single day. It took months and months of research to know exactly what to do and how to go about my training and eating. That's how I came across you Scott :D . When I saw how cool you and some other peeps were I wanted to train for real. I used to put your videos on my iPod and watch them while I train. I became friends with a guy at my gym and we started training together. There was a time I wasn't seeing result so I asked him why? and he told me because I wasn't eating enough. He gave me a meal plan which was great at that time, but I would still eat sweet and drink sodas.

Anyways my gym closed (around december 2012) and I had to go to another one. (feb 2013 I started again)

When I started at my new gym I started training for real. So basically you can say i've been training for 1 year and 2 months for real, going ham and eating clean. Right now i'm focusing on my legs, shoulders and arms. (bi tri and forearm).Only obstacle is that I don't go to bed early and I have cheat meals a lot. I hit the gym around 3pm.

Workout routine: It's not the same every week, I pick up what I left the week b4. As you can see below week 2 I will do shoulders & calves and so on.

I stretch before I workout and do body weight exercise to get blood pumping.

other then that I do 3 sets of an exercise, 1st set i do 12 reps 2nd set 10 reps 3rd set 8 reps. Upon failure I drope the weight and push out another 8. As for abs I do them 2 to 3 times a week. I do different excercise every week.

30 seconds rest between set and 1 minute rest between excercise.

Monday: Legs

• 3 sets of Squats, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Machine hack squats, 8-12 reps
  • 4 sets of Leg Press, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Leg Extension, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Single Leg Extension, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Hip Adduction, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Hip Abduction, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Prone Leg Curl, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Single Leg Curl, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Seated Leg Curl, 8-12 reps

Tuesday:Back/Biceps

• 3 sets of Lat Pull Down, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Behind Neck Lat Pull Down, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Seated Row, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of T Bar Row, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Dumbbell Bent-Over Row (Single-Arm), 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Straight Bar Bicep Curl, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Ez Curl Inside Bar Bicep Curl, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Inside Grip Rope Curl, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Arm Curl, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Dumbbell Side Curl, 8-12 reps

Wednesday:Shoulders/Calves

• 3 sets of Upright Rows supersetted with Lateral Raises 8-10 reps
  • 3 sets of Overhead Press, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Shoulder Press, alternate with Barbell & Dumbell every week 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Front Raises, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Shrugs, 8-12 reps
  • Calves are self explanatory, just use some of the machines till failure, a lot of reps, feel the burn.

Thursday: Chest/Triceps

• 3 sets of Bench Press, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Incline Bench Press, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Incline Flies, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of High Cable Chest Fly, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Chest Press, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Rope Push Down, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Standing Overhead Extension, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Skullcrushers, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Tricep Kickback, 8-12 reps
  • 3 sets of Tricep Extension, 8-12 reps

Friday:Legs

• Same exercises

Saturday:Back/Biceps

• Switch excercises and throw in 3 sets of Deadlift, 8-12 reps

Meal Plan: I'm on a low carb diet a.k.a. ketogenic diet, i'm experimenting with my diet.

Btw my metabolism works crazy fast, I go to the bathroom more than 4 times a day to do number 2.

Protein: 117g or more

Carb: 50 or less

I have never counted calories, I just make sure I get a good amount of protein in every meal, and have around 5 to 7 separate meals a day as this ignites the metabolism.

• Meal 1 – 6 boiled Eggs, 2 cups of Oatmeal and a Protein Shake
  • Meal 2 – 300g Chicken Breast (boiled) Broccoli and Brown Rice
  • Meal 3 – 200g Tuna chunks , mixed with Spinach Leaves, and Wholemeal Pasta

Have your workout. Immediately post workout, consume your Whey Protein

• Meal 4 – Steak and Brussels Sprouts
  • Meal 5 – 4 scrambled Eggs and some Salmon
  • Meal 6 – One cup of no fat Cottage Cheese and Green Tea 10m before bed

I drink around 3 to 4 liters of water and drink green tea daily, this helps me with burning fat.

I'm crazy for tilapia I eat it now and then.Another thing I like to do is throw in 4 egg white into my protein shake. I try to eat as little carbs as I can and find the lowest foods with carbs.

Supplements:

ON Whey Protein (has 3 grams of carbs) Chocolate flavour, yummy :D

Fish Oil

Green Tea

Pre Workout / Cellucor C4

Twinlab Amino Fuel

My goal for 2014 is to get shredded as fk, that's it.

Get shredded or die mirin.

PS: I will make an album and post some post workout pics

Get shredded or die mirin.
DGBare
DGBare g David Martin
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

'Before' Picture taken with Scott Herman Fitness sunday update video

Video uploaded February 17th, 2014

Dave Martin

Rockville, Maryland

MEASUREMENTS:

Height: 73.5in

Weight: 180lbs

Body Fat: 17%

Neck: 17.0in

Chest: 42.0in

Shoulder: 46.5in

Bicep: 14.5in

Forearm: 12.5in

Waist: 34.0in

Hip: 41.0in

Thigh: 23.0in

Calve: 15.0in

FITNESS REPORT:

28 year old amateur bodybuilder who has quit his job to do some world traveling while pondering a career change and possible enlistment in the Navy.. GET SOME! I'm back home for spring and with this free time I plan to fully maximize my bodybuilding and training before my travels take off again. This means maximum growth and heavy gains with a focus on high energy supersets and slow negatives. My fitness program is a six day heavy lifting rotation I designed myself with an optional seventh for rest or cardio. I will also be incorporating late morning ab workouts everyday to boost my metabolism and muscle gain. 

My home gym consists of 3 pieces of equipment: dumbbells with weight up to 55lbs, an adjustable workout bench, and a body tower. The lack of gym equipment has limited me by the amount of weight I can lift on certain exercises, as well as the types of exercise I can do. Because of this I've had to design a training regime from scratch, taking heavy inspiration from Scott Herman Fitness's Maximum Growth Series, and other online sources. This is the workout program that I have been adhering to for the past few months with various tweaks here and there. Any constructive criticism would be wholly welcomed.

As far as nutrition and supplementation go, I will be documenting everything that I ingest; imputing every meal on MyFitnessPal while keeping to the strict guidelines and timetables that I've established for myself. I will be documenting my weight every monday morning on an empty stomach and adjusting my macros below accordingly.

The only obstacle I can imagine that I may run into would be my social life. Tendencies to bar hop and overindulge myself run high on the weekends. Focus and dedication will be my main safeguard from such temptation.

My fitness goals for this year are simple: to put on as much muscle mass as possible and model this body as if it were cast in bronze.

TRAINING REGIME:

All exercises preformed with a 1-1-3 tempo.

Monday: Chest

4 Exercises, 1 Burn Set

1a. Dumbbell Bench Press Burn Set

- 5 sets decreasing weight, 10 reps each

- No rest between sets, 2 min rest upon completion

2a. Dumbbell Incline Bench Press

- 3 sets, 10 reps each

- 45 sec rest between sets, 1.5 min rest upon completion

3a. Dumbbell Decline Bench Press

- 3 sets, 10 reps each

- 45 sec rest between sets, 1.5 min rest upon completion

4a. Dumbbell Flys

- 3 sets, 10 reps each

- 45 sec rest between sets, 1.5 min rest upon completion

Tuesday: Biceps

4 Exercises, 2 Supersets

1a. Dumbbell Alternating Bicep Curls

1b. Dumbbell Seated Inner Bicep Curls

- 4 sets, 8 reps each per exercise

- No rest between exercises

- 45sec rest between sets, 1.5min rest upon completion

2a. Dumbbell Standing One-Arm Curls Over Incline Bench

2b. Dumbbell Alternating Bicep Hammer Curls

Wednesday: Shoulders

6 Exercises, 3 Supersets

1a. Dumbbell Arnold Press

1b. Dumbbell Bent Over Row

- 3 sets, 8 reps each per exercise

2a. Dumbbell Lateral Raise

2b. Dumbbell Front Raise

3a. Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug

3b. Dumbbell Upright Row

Thursday: Triceps

4 Exercises, 2 Supersets

1a. Dumbbell Seated Triceps Press

1b. Dumbbell Triceps Kickback

2a. Triceps Dips

2b. Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension

Friday: Back

4 Exercises, 2 Supersets

1a. Dumbbell Bent Over Row

1b. Pull Ups

2a. Dumbbell Deadlifts

2b. Chin Ups

Saturday: Legs

4 Exercises, 2 Supersets

1a. Dumbbell Squats

1b. Dumbbell Lunges

2a. Dumbbell Standing Calf Raises

2b. Box Jumping

Sunday: Rest / Optional Cardio

Ab Workout: Monday Through Saturday

5 Exercises, 2 Supersets

1a. Hanging Leg Raises

1b. Dumbbell Side Bend

- 3 sets, 15 reps each per exercise

2a. V Ups

2b. Oblique Crunches

- 3 sets, 15 reps each per exercise

3a. Air Bike

- 5 sets, 30 reps each

DAILY ROUTINE:

0700:  Wake

0710:  Morning Shake

0800:  Breakfast

0830:  Leisure

1100:  Ab Workout

1200:  Lunch

1230:  Leisure

1430:  Pre Workout Shake

1500:  Training

1600:  After Workout Meal

1630:  Leisure

1900:  Dinner

1930:  Leisure

2250:  Evening Shake

2300:  Sleep

SUPPLEMENT SCHEDULE:

Servings listed below

Immediately Upon Waking:

2x serving Whey Protein

1x serving Creatine

1x serving Glutamine

1x serving Beta-alanine

1x serving Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)

With Breakfast:

1x serving Multivitamin

2x serving Fish Oil

1x serving Flaxseed

1x serving Conjugated Linoleum Acid (CLA)

With Lunch:

1x serving Multivitamin

1x serving Fish Oil

1x serving Flaxseed

Pre Workout:

2x serving Optimal Nutrition Amino Energy

1x serving Creatine

1x serving Glutamine

1x serving Beta-alanine

After Workout:

2x serving Whey Protein

1x serving Glutamine

1x serving Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)

With Dinner:

1x serving Multivitamin

1x serving Fish Oil

1x serving Flaxseed

Right Before Sleep:

1x serving Casein Protein

1x serving Glutamine

1x serving Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate (ZMA)

Servings Table:

Whey protein: 1 scoop (33g total: 24g Protein, 4g Glutamine, 5g BCAAs)

Casein protein: 1 scoop (34g total: 24g Protein, 5g Glutamine, 5g BCAAs)

Creatine: 1 tsp (5g Creatine Monohydrate)

Glutamine: 1 tsp (5g L-Glutamine)

Beta-alanine: 1 scoop (1.6g Beta-alanine, 550mg L-Histidine)

ON's Amino Energy: 2 scoops (5g Optimum Nutrition's Amino Mix, 160mg Energy Blend)

BCAAs: 2 capsules (1g BCAAs)

Multivitamin: 1 tablet (Optimum Nutrition's Multivitamin Mix)

Fish oil: 1 softgel (1g Fish Oil, 300mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids)

Flaxseed: 1 softgel (1g Flaxseed Oil)

CLA: 1 softgel (750mg Conjugated Linoleic Acid)

ZMA: 3 capsules (30mg Zinc, 450mg Magnesium, 10.5mg Vitamin B6)

NUTRITION MACROS:

Protein intake set to 1.5g per 1lb body weight

Fat intake set to 25% total calorie diet

Based on a 2950 calorie diet with 6x a week training

Carbohydrate intake: 283g (~38.3%) 

Protein intake: 270g (~36.6%)

Fat intake: 82g (~25.0%)

1132 calories from carbohydrates

1080 calories from protein

738 calories from fat

Math:

Diet - protein - fat = carbs

2950 - 1080 - 738 = 1132

Thank you for your consideration.

Dave Martin

Straight rippin'..
bjigga
bjigga g Bradrick Jones
4 Post(s)
4 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted

Bradrick jones

Baton rouge , Louisiana

180 lbs

body fat - n/a

Measurements

Neck -16"

Chest - 39"

Forearm - 12"

Hip - 38"

Calve - 15"

Shoulder - 47"

Arm - 13 1/2"

Waist - 32"

Thigh - 22"

Fitness Report

Monday - Chest  ( 60 sec rest)

Bench press 3 sets 10-12 reps

incline pess 3 sets 10-12 reps

dumb bell pullover 3 sets 10-12 reps

dumb bell flye 3 sets 10-12 reps

cable crossover 3 sets 10-12 reps

Tuesday - Legs (60 sec rest)

squat 3 x 10

frount squat 3x10

leg press 3x10

leg extension 3x10

lying leg curl 3x10

calf raises 3x10

Wednesday off

Thursday - Back  ( 60 sec rest)

barbell bent over row 3x10-12

barbell row 3x10-12

wide grip lat pull down 3x12-15

stright arm pull down 3x12-15

dead lift 3x10

Friday - shoulders  (60 sec rest)

shoulder pess 3x8-10

shurgs 3x12-15

dumb bell over head press 3x8-10

dumb bell upright row 3x8-10

chain lat raises 3x10-15

bent over lat raises 3x10-15

Saturday - Biceps/ Triceps

barbell curls 3x10-15

incline dumb bell curl 3x10-15

E z bar preacher curl 3x10-15

seated curls 3x10-15

close grip bench press 3x10

laying triceps extenions 3x10-15

cable pull downs 3x10-15

dips 3x10-15

Sunday off

Daily macronutrient

my daily macronutrient goal is 2450 calories, 265 g of protein, 160g carbs, 70g fat. that is divided into 7 meals aday

About me and my goal

Im Bradrick Jones (B.J.) , I am a Baton Rouge fire fighter. i just started back working out for the new year and quit smoking. My goal is

to gain muscle, get leaner, and get into better shape for my kids. They have been fussing at me about smoking and not playing sports

with them like i use to.  So when i started going back to the gym i ran across you on you tube for pointers and tips and i want to thank you so much for that.  I have a very busy schedule due to my 3 kids and work. So i will have to fit my workouts in when ever i can as for support groups i have none just my kids motivate me every step of the way. so im by my self when i hit the gym because of my schedule .  p.s i do have one friend in the gym with me from time to time and thats you on my i pad....

bjigga
bjigga g Bradrick Jones
4 Post(s)
Posted

Bradrick jones

Baton rouge , Louisiana

180 lbs

body fat - n/a

Measurements

Neck -16"

Chest - 39"

Forearm - 12"

Hip - 38"

Calve - 15"

Shoulder - 47"

Arm - 13 1/2"

Waist - 32"

Thigh - 22"

Fitness Report

squat 3 x 10

frount squat 3x10

leg press 3x10

leg extension 3x10

lying leg curl 3x10

calf raises 3x10

Wednesday off

barbell row 3x10-12

dead lift 3x10

shoulder pess 3x8-10

shurgs 3x12-15

chain lat raises 3x10-15

barbell curls 3x10-15

seated curls 3x10-15

cable pull downs 3x10-15

dips 3x10-15

Sunday off

Daily macronutrient

my daily macronutrient goal is 2450 calories, 265 g of protein, 160g carbs, 70g fat. that is divided into 7 meals aday

About me and my goal

Im Bradrick Jones (B.J.) , I am a Baton Rouge fire fighter. i just started back working out for the new year and quit smoking. My goal is

to gain muscle, get leaner, and get into better shape for my kids. They have been fussing at me about smoking and not playing sports

with them like i use to.  So when i started going back to the gym i ran across you on you tube for pointers and tips and i want to thank you so much for that.  I have a very busy schedule due to my 3 kids and work. So i will have to fit my workouts in when ever i can as for support groups i have none just my kids motivate me every step of the way. so im by my self when i hit the gym because of my schedule .  p.s i do have one friend in the gym with me from time to time and thats you on my i pad....

bjigga
bjigga g Bradrick Jones
4 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: bjigga

Bradrick jones

Baton rouge , Louisiana

180 lbs

body fat - n/a

Measurements

Neck -16"

Chest - 39"

Forearm - 12"

Hip - 38"

Calve - 15"

Shoulder - 47"

Arm - 13 1/2"

Waist - 32"

Thigh - 22"

Fitness Report

squat 3 x 10

frount squat 3x10

leg press 3x10

leg extension 3x10

lying leg curl 3x10

calf raises 3x10

Wednesday off

barbell row 3x10-12

dead lift 3x10

shoulder pess 3x8-10

shurgs 3x12-15

chain lat raises 3x10-15

barbell curls 3x10-15

seated curls 3x10-15

cable pull downs 3x10-15

dips 3x10-15

Sunday off

Daily macronutrient

About me and my goal

I forgot the only supplement im taking as of now is Syntha-6 isolate

zkordy
zkordy g Zack Elkordy
7 Post(s)
7 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted

Before Photo(s):

Couldn't get a newspaper but here's your most recent video.

Name: Zack

Weight: 178

Bodyfat %: 15.5

Neck: 15 in.

Chest: 41 in.

Hip: 36.5 in

Arm: 12 in.

Waist: 33 in.

Fitness Report: My goal is to make it down to 10% bf. I've already went from being 220 down to 172, so I think I can do it. I started lifting about 3 months ago and now it's what I look forward to in the day. I'm also on the rowing team, and go to conditioning every day, in addition to going to the weight room MWF. After next week, I'm bumping it up to 5 days a week. Right now I'm in the weight room for about an hour and a half and at conditioning for the same amount of time.

For now my exercises are mainly to supplement my rowing. I do legs and core every day, with a smaller amount of upper body every day. I don't isolate different body parts at all. My lifting goal by the end of 2014 though is to be able to be in the over-1000 club.

I don't make my own plan, but I follow my coaches to the dot. If I have any extra time after I'm finished I'll usually wrap up with 3 sets of bicep or hammer curls and 3 sets of tricep extensions, 10 reps each. The numbers I have listed for weight are what I have been able to do within the last week for at least 2 sets, but most I can do more.

Monday:

4 sets of 5 Box Jumps @ 3 feet

5 sets of 3 Hang Cleans @ 135

4 sets of 4 Front Squats @ 175

5 sets of 4 Deadlifts @ 245

4 sets of 4 Push Jerk @ 90

2 sets of 8 Pull Over @ 50

3 sets of 8 Pull Ups

3 sets of 6 BB Bentover Row @ 95

1 set of 15 V-ups

1 set of 15 Candlesticks

1 set of 12 Weighted Back Extension @ 150

3 sets of 10 Hanging Knee Raise

2 sets of 1 minute Prone Plank

Conditioning immediately after weight room. An hour and a half of interval training. Usually 1 min of running > 1 min of core > 1 min of stairs > 1 min of high rep low weight (40 lb) compound exercises > repeat.

Tuesday:

High intensity piece on rowing machine, usually 4 min. of rest between 8 min. pieces.

Wednesday:

5 sets of 3 Hang Cleans @ 135

1 set of 6 Back Squat @ 175

4 sets of 6 Back Squat @ 195

5 sets of 6 Weighted Step Up @ 40 DB to 1.5 ft

4 sets of 6 BB Bench Press @ 115

3 sets of 6 1-Arm Row @ 50

4 sets of 6 DB Hammer Curl @ 35

3 sets of 8 Triangle Pushup

4 sets of 6 1-Leg Press @ 65 each side

3 sets of 15 Russian Twist @ 20 lb. medicine ball

3 sets of 5 Rollouts

Same as Monday conditioning.

Thursday:

Longer aerobic pieces, usually 2 min. rest between 15-20 min. pieces.

Friday:

5 sets of 3 Clean Pulls @ 175

6 sets of 4 RDL to Hang Clean @ 125

5 sets of 4 Leg Curl @ 120

2 sets of 6 DB Bench Press @ w/ 35's

3 sets of 3 DB Bench Press @ w/ 40's

3 sets of 8 BB Calf Raises @ 225

3 sets of 6 BB Close-Grip Upright Rows @ 85

3 sets of 6 Close-Grip Pullup

2 sets of 15 Russian Twist @ 20 lb. Medicine Ball

1 set of 10 Superman @ 3 lb. DB's

1 set of 10 Weighted Back Extension @ 150

Same as Monday and Wednesday conditioning.

-I usually train immediately after school because I'm currently a HS senior. On MWF I go from 3:00-4:30 in the weight room, then 4:30 to 6:00 at conditioning. On TT I just go from 4:30 to 6:00 conditioning.

-As for obstacles, because the season is coming soon I don't want to do anything that will affect my performance on the rowing machine. The only thing that will stop me from coming in 5 days a week to the weight room is if I notice a significant drop in my erg scores.

-My wrist is sprained, and as I'm not stopping working out, I'm not sure how long before I'll be able to increase weight on exercises like the Hang Clean, Bench Press, or most of the DB exercises.

-I go to the weight room with long time crew teammates, with all of them having the same linear type improvement as me so I can have a consistent goal.

-For macros everyday, my plan is to have 170g of protein, 180g of carbs, and 80g of fats for about 2120 calories. I am going to be having lower protein and higher carbs on TT for the rowing machine days.

mmartin
mmartin g martin finnholm
21 Post(s)
21 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

Name: Martin Finnholm, 21

Weight: 73 kg (160 lbs)

Bodyfat:12-13%

Measurements[cm]:

Neck:38.5

Chest: 96

Forearm: 29.5

Hip: 83

Calve: 37

Shoulder: 121

Arm: 37

Waist: 80.5

Thigh: 54

Fitness report:

I started working out about two years ago after finishing my military service, that's when I realised I really had to get in shape.

But at first I wasn's taking it serious and didn't really know what I did probably a whole year, then first after I found SHF youtube channel, watched probably over 100+ videos and started actually seeing gains, thats when i got my motivation and still more motivated than ever. My goal is to gain muscle and just hit it hard every single time so I can get the body I always wanted and be proud of it and always strive for improvment.

I always go to the gym around 5pm as I don't want to workout late as I start work pretty early mornings.

My gym is very small (6+ people and it seems crouded as hell) so sometimes having those 45-60 second rests can be difficult, but if possible I take an other exercise in between. And I always keep that holy 1-1-3 tempo

I go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week and doing cardio 2-3 times a week usually on crosstrainer. I would rather run but my gym doesn't have a treadmill and right now the roads are too icy to run on.

I change excersises every 4 weeks but this is my current routine:

Monday: Back & hamstrings & calves & abs

Pull-ups 12, 10, 8

Superset normal grip dumbell bent ower row & overhand grip dumbell bent ower row 3x12

Dumbbell pull-overs 3x12-15

T-bar row 3x12-15

Stiff legged deadlift 3x10-12

Single leg Stiff legged deadlift 3x12

Single leg curls 3x12-15

Donkey calf press 3x12-20

Wide stance barbell calf raise 3x12-20

Single leg calf raise 3x10-15

V-up with ankle weights 3x12-20

Decline sit-up with 10kg plate 12 reps, 5kg plate 12 reps, no plate max reps

Crunches 3xmax reps

Tuesday: Chest & triceps & TRX training

Barbell bench press 3x12

Decline dumbbell press 3x12-15

High cable chest fly 3x12

plate press 3x12

Close grip barbell bench press 3x12

Standing overhead tricep extensions 3x10-12

Single arm reverse pulldown 3x12-15

TRX training: I know TRX pretty much hits the whole stomach but I'm only doing side-to-side excersises to hit as much as possible on obliques and serratus. And I dont know any name for the excersises but they are all from "Ultimate TRX TOTAL CORE Destruction".

Wednesday: Biceps & Superset Forearms and Calves & Abs

Bicep curl on squat rack 3x12

Barbell drag curl 3x12

Seated alternating dumbbell curl 3x12 (1-1 count)

Dumbbell Hammer curls 3x10-12

Superset Reverse standing wrist curl & Normal stance barbell calf raise 3x15

Superset seated wrist curl & Donkey calf press "inside angle" 3x15

Superset zottman curl & Single leg calf raise 3x10-15

AB-pulldown 3xmax

Decline Sit ups 3xmax

Thursday: shoulders & traps (MAXIMUM GROWTH! Shoulder & Traps!) & chest

Superset Seated Dumbbell Arnold Press & Dumbbell Bent-Over raise 3x8-10

Superset Dumbbell Lateral Raise & Dumbbell Front Raise 3x8-10

Superset Barbell Shrug & Upright Row With E-Z Curl Bar

Dumbbell bench press 3x10-12

Incline dumbbell bench press 3x10-12

Dumbbell flys 3x10-12

standing Oblique crunch with plate 3x12

Wood chopper 3x12

Standing oblique twist with dumbbells

Friday: MAXIMUM GROWTH! LEGS! Glutes & Quads! No need to explain

Saturday: Stuff and cardio

If I go to the gym on saturday its usually trx training and biceps and cardio but I sometimes try out new excirsises and stuff so have no actual routine for saturdays.

Sunday: Rest or slow jogging

So that's my current routine, i'll have to change it quite a lot soon because i want my bf% down to about 9% (had 8-8.5% last summer) so i'll be adding more cardio and a total body workout routine someday closer to summer and probably cut down on carbs.

Daily macros:

Protein 230g (920)

Fat 100 (900)

Carbs 220 (880)

Total calories 2700

My suppliments:

Isolate Whey protein

BCAA

Leucine

NilsFearons
NilsFearons g Nils Fearons
96 Post(s)
96 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Hey Scott,

Here is my details, date is 18th February 2014 - 18:49 GMT

Name: Nils Fearons

Weight: 84kg

Bodyfat %: around 19%

Measurements:

Neck- 16” Chest-43”, Forearm-12”, Hip-38”, Calve-15”, Shoulder-50”, Arm-15.5”, Waist-34”, Thigh-22”

Fitness Report

I have always been in to lifting form an early age but never taken it to a serious level, either from lack of knowledge ar simply not been able to get to a gym enough times a week. Any way in July 2013 I rejoined Fitness First Teddington which is only 2 mins walk from my work this means I can go every lunch time which is awesome!! So since July Ive been training 5 days a week have been in a deficit in my calories as the main objective is to lose weight as summer approaches I am going to maintain my deficit and get as lean as possible over the next 3 months and introduce some LISS as well to help me get shredded for summer. I guess i'm trying to acheive lean definition over the next 3 months, losing body fat and still making gains.

I also have two girls one called Amelie who is three and on called Amber who is 6, my wife (Kate) works professionally too so it’s quite hard to fit it all in but we manage never the less.

Workout

As I said I usually train 5 days a week at lunch, abs on the Wednesday which is usually a weighted ab routine. I have a friend I train with too who I met at the gym and we are both of similar strength so it works really well.

Leg Day - Monday

Back Squat Warm up

• 60kg  - 3 sets on each x 10 reps

Back Squat

• 120kg  - 5 sets x 6 reps - 2:1:4

Leg Extension

• 70kg - 65kg 3 sets x 6 reps - 2:1:4
  • 30kg - 1 set x 15 reps

Leg Curl

• 55kg - 3 sets x 6 reps - 2:1:2
  • 30kg - 1 set x 15 reps

Walking Lunge

• 18kg - 18kg sets x 18 reps - 2:1:2

Shoulders Day - Tuesday

DB Shoulder Press Warm Up

• 14kg - 3 sets x 12 reps

DB Shoulder Press

• 30kg - 5 sets x 6 reps - 2:1:4
  • 18kg - 1 set x 14 reps

Front Raise using plate

• 15kg - 3 sets x 10 reps - 2:1:4

Side Lateral Raise

• 6kg - 3 sets x 6 reps - 2:1:2
  • One drop set starting at 12kg

Bent Over Reverse Flyes

• 10kg - 3 sets x 10reps - 2:1:2
  • 18kg - 1 set x 14 reps

Seated DB Shrugs

• 3 sets - 8 reps 30kg

Chest Day - Tuesday

Dumbbell Flat Bench Press Warm up

• 20kg - 3 sets x 12 reps

Dumbbell Flat Bench Press

• 34kg - 3 sets x 6-8 reps - 2:1:4

Incline Machine Press

• 45kg - 3 sets x 6-8 reps - 2:1:4

Pec Deck

• 40kg - 3 sets x 8 reps - 2:1:2

Cable Chest Flye

• 10kg - 3 sets x 16 reps - 2:1:2

Press ups - on a step

• Wide grip -  20, normal grip - 10 , close grip 3 x 2
  • Bosu ball press ups to failure

Leg Press Calf Raises

• 6 sets - 20reps 120kg

Back Day - Friday

Rack pulls Warm up

• 60kg - 2 sets x 10 reps

Rack pulls

• 160kg - 4 sets x 6 reps - 2:1:4

Lat Pull Down Super set'd with cable bicep curls

• 65kg - 3 sets x 8 reps - 2:1:4 LP
  • 25kg - 3 sets x 8 reps - 2:1:4 BC
  • 45kg - 1 set  as many as possible LP
  • 45kg - 1 set  as many as possible BC

One Arm cableRows

• 25kg - 3 sets x 10reps - 2:1:2

Close grip pull downs

• 3 sets - 8 reps 65kg
  • one drop set.

Nutrition

I’m currently eating in a deficit as I am trying to get lean and defined for summer and I’m going to start upping my calories in around 3 months and start a lean bulk . my eating schedule revolves around a 16-8 intermittant fasting plan as I believe it has more benefits than fat loss like improve longevity and prevent many illness. As a family I cook most of the things we eat from scratch using fresh ingrdients like lean cuts of meat and lots of fruit and veg.

Training days: 2600 cals

206 proteins

317 carbs

58 fats

Rest days: 2200 cals

206 proteins

50 carbs

150 fats

I think this is everything, thanks for this opportunity and good luck to all the other entrys :-)

"Be stronger than your excuses" Nils Fearons Dad, Web Designer, Athlete, Drummer Good Food Thread - Workout Split - Check out and subscribe to my YouTube Channel
mezfranchise_red
mezfranchise_red g Chris Dorward
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: January 1, 2012
Posted

Name: Chris Dorward
Location: Melbourne, Australia (Moving back to Canada at the end of March)
Weight: 186 lbs.
Bodyfat: 9%

Measurements:
Neck: 14 ¾ in
Chest: 38 ½ in
Forearm: 9 ½ in
Hip: 38 ½ in
Calve: 15 5/8 in
Shoulder: 47 in
Arm: 12 7/8 in
Waist: 33
Thigh: 23in

Goal: Gain muscle

Split:

Day 1: Shoulders/Traps/Abs
§ Start with an abs workout (machines and weights 15-20 reps)
§ I focus mainly on middle deltoids and Posterior Deltoids, and traps. Anterior deltoids get worked with one exercise to ensure that they don’t grow disproportionate to the rest of my shoulders, as they will also be worked on chest day with many of my pressing movements (dips, flat bench press, etc)
§ I usually start with a set of lateral dumbbell flys, making sure to make a pouring motion with the dumbbells near the top of the movement. I also keep the dumbbells to my sides, they never come in front of me as it brings in other muscles to play and causes some momentum.
§ I make sure to do about 3 sets of a dumbbell shoulder press or Arnold shoulder press, but just at a standard weight for the 3 sets, again as the focus is on my middle and posterior delts.
§ I then do reverse cable flys, one arm at a time, to get a good squeeze on my posterior delts, elbows up at all times so as not to hit mid back.
§ Then I hit upright barbell rows pyramiding to heavy enough to get 8-10 reps. I then move on to dumbbell shrugs, making my shoulders practically touch my ears and getting a good squeeze with a very slow eccentric movement.

Day 2: Back/Abs
§ Start with an ab workout (bodyweight exercises, 20-30 reps)
§ Start with assisted wide grip pull ups, as I want to actually be able to do wide grip bodyweight pull ups for reps. So I push out about 10- 15 reps on my first set, then I make it so the machine takes off less of my weight and I usually stick around the 6-8 rep mark
§ After I alternate between motions that will activate my lower back (bent over rows, hyperextensions, etc) with exercises that will not (lat pull downs, Cable lat pushdowns, dumbbell row on a bench, etc)
§ I then move on to deadlifts for about as long as I like. I could be there for 3 sets or I could be there for 8 sets. It always changes. I pyramid up until I hit a weight where I can only do about 3 reps, then I pyramid back down until I get to about 135 or even 95 pounds and I hit about 15 reps, just to keep working out but not put anymore crazy stress on my back. I then make sure I do a really good stretch after deadlifts so I don’t feel tight the next day

Day 3: Chest
§ Start off with flat bench press (either dumbbell or barbell) and pyramid my way up in weight until I can only do about 6-8 reps. I do that until I hit either my 4th or 5th set, then I use a drop set until I can hit 15-20 reps
§ Move on to a form of flys (either cable or dumbbell) and superset with push ups to failure
§ Move on to a form of incline press (again dumbbell or barbell) where I will pyramid up in weight until I hit the 6-8 rep mark, then I finish the rest of my sets at that weight
§ I usually then move on to a machine at the gym (it switches every time. It could be machine flys, chest press) and use that as a finisher exercise. My last set will again be a drop set, until I can hit the 15-20 rep mark. Or sometimes I do Dips to failure for 5 sets. It just depends on what I feel like.

Day 4: Back/Traps
§ Again I start off with assisted wide grip pull ups, start off with a warm up set of about 15 reps, then make it heavier and stick ion that 6-8 reps zone.
§ After that I will again go over to a rowing motion, usually t bar rows (no handle) and I will pyramid up and then my 5th or 6th set will be a drop set until I can do 15-20 reps
§ I usually then move into cable rows and do a standard five sets at a weight where I can keep good form and not need any momentum, but I still make sure that it’s a challenge.
§ I then will do cable lat push downs for five sets, making sure I get a nice stretch with each set and really focusing on squeezing my lats on the way down
§ I then move on to up right row, on the smith machine, for about 5 sets, the I finish my workout of with dumbbell shrugs, making sure to not go to heavy, have my shoulders practically touch my ears with each rep and going down nice and slow.

Day 5: Legs (Hamstrings, quads, claves)
§ Leg day is the best! My favorite day and I love killing my legs to the point that I almost can’t walk properly. I always have a great warm up and stretch on leg day and will do about 10 minutes on the stepper machine to ensure everything my legs are really warmed up.
§ I always start with Squats, either front or back, it always changes. I get nice and deep and as usual I do a pyramid set up and on the way back down I do a drop set.
§ I usually then move my focus to my hamstrings. I do straight leg deadlifts for about 3 sets then move on to prone hamstring curls. Watching a video from mutant nation as well as Elliot Hulse I learned that your calves and hamstrings are connected and if you want a better contraction on your hamstrings you should flex your claves (point your toes) during the exercise. Believe me it’s a killer and I recommend it to anyone. So I start off with as many reps as I can get with my toes pointed then I just as I’m about to fail, I’ll bring my toes in again and I can push out another 6-8 reps before I fail. It makes for a great hamstring exercise.
§ I then head on over to seated calf raises machine. For my current physique my calves are not too bad, so I haven’t had to play around too much with trying to make them bigger. Just genetically luck in that area I suppose. I keep the weight challenging and make sure to do full range of motion, and keep the tempo nice and slow. Calves are where I get an absolutely killer burn, so sometimes I just go for as many reps as I can and then I push out about 15 half reps with tonnes of momentum, just because I love the burn I get.
§ Some days I then move on to the abductor and adductor machines for a superset of 3 -5 sets. It can be really killer.
§ Then I move on to quads. I usually start off with the leg press, pyramiding up as high as I can and then I usually do a drop set until I can hit 20-25 reps.
§ Right after that I go to leg extensions, where I am always careful to not use any momentum and focus on squeezing and tensing my quads as much as I can. If I can (usually only the first couple sets if I’m lucky) I squeeze and hold it at the top before going back down slow, but that doesn’t always last.
§ Some days (If I’m feeling particularly pumped up) I will save squats for last and do my version of an Iron Marathon (Mike Rashid/ CT Fletcher). I put 5 10lbs plates and then 5 5lbs plates on each side of the bar. 10 reps with the weight, strip a plate, another 10 reps, strip a plate, another 10 reps, until you hit the bottom weight where you do 20 reps, the you start putting the weights back on, one plate on each side and do 10 reps with each on the way back up, making you hit about 200 reps. It’s a drop set style as well, so no rest between each change of weight, you just keep going and going. It’s absolutely killer and could be a workout of its own. It ensures stairs to be completely impossible for the next couple of days. I love it!

Day 6: Arms
§ I always start arms with the same muscle group that I used to finish my last arm day. So if I finished last week’s arm day with biceps then this week I start with biceps.
§ I do about 3 exercises for each muscle group. With bis I like to start off with dumbbell curls and then I usually move on to E-Z bar close grip curls and then barbell wide grip curls. The week after though I may start with barbell curls, then do hammer curls and concentration curls, I like to constantly switch it up and keep my body guessing as to what’s going to hit it next.
§ With triceps I usually start off with dips. I aim for 12 reps but when that doesn’t happen I just let myself fail (usually around 9 or 10). I then move on to powerbombs and then finish them off with some nice and slow cable tricep extensions with the rope attachment. Again though I like to switch it up so some days I may do skull crushers followed by close grip bench, followed by tricep kickbacks. It changes all the time and whatever exercise I feel like doing I will, as long as it’s not one I did the week before.

Day 7: Rest

Fitness Report: Training is always changing for me with my workouts. I always try and keep them fresh and not do the same exercises over and over again. Each exercise I do I do for 5 sets, unless it’s something like squats or deadlifts or sometimes even bench press. With those exercises I like to do a warm-up set and then move into a pyramid set getting heavier and heavier until I can only do about 4-6 reps. After I hit that point I go into a drop set of about 3-5 drops in weight (until I can hit 20+ reps). So I can do quite a few sets in this process. These exercises are usually at the beginning of my workouts, although sometimes I like to leave them to the end so I can have a super crazy finisher to my time at the gym.

As for isolation exercises they are always switching. One day for a muscle group is completely different to the next. That way I can always ensure muscle confusion and keep my body from getting into a rut of the same exercises week after week. I also like to keep a range of exercises between free weights and cable/machine exercises. I see the benefits of machines and helping to keep form etc, however I believe that my body needs to have strong stabilizers, which are often left unused when using certain machine, creating weak points which I do not want.

Reps are always around 8-12. If I feel like I can do more than 12 I will, but when I do I am certain to raise the weight right after that set as it wasn’t heavy enough. If my reps are below 8 for an exercise though I drop my ego and drop the weight so I can do more reps (usually with better form).

The aim with tempo is always 2-2-4. However, this doesn’t always happen. I never just let it go to a 1-1-0 however. I always stay in control of the weight and make sure to have a controlled eccentric motion. It usually ends up around a 1-1-2 or a 1-1-3.

Time of training: Changes all the time, I work around my work schedule at my restaurant.

Obstacles: Constantly on my feet at work for about 6-11 hours a day, five days a week, burning lots of calories. I’m almost sweating from running around at work so much, so it is essentially a lot of hours of Low Intensity Cardio. One of my colleagues actually wore a pedometer and did the math to find out that on the craziest of nights he can end up walking almost 20km. So it’s a lot cardio taking away a lot of calories from my bulking.

Support System: I’m on my own at the gym but when it comes to my macros I have my girlfriend following hers so we bounce ideas off one another on how to fit to them and keep each other sticking to them J

Macros:
Protein:250g
Carbs: 280g
Fat:100g
I plan on weighing myself each month and adjusting my macros as needed, and if I do not see the changes I want due to work burning more calories than I account for then I shall bump my macros (mainly through carbs) to account for about another 300-500 calories.

Supplements: I currently take the pre-workout N.O. Xplode 2.0, but will need to cycle off of it before the end of this contest. I also take whey protein powder, whichever fits my budget the best usually so that is always changing the brand. Right now it's a whey protein Isolate by International Protein (some Aussie brand down here).

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .