Skip to main content
«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
Herculesinwyo
Herculesinwyo g Mike Roberts
146 Post(s)
146 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2018
Posted

It's been proven even us men have a hormonal cycle ,so it's possible for us to have days we are just not feeling our best.

The next leg day will be awesome , I'm resting up and eating some good food , not every workout can be a record breaker. Just wait till next session LOOKOUT!

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Herculesinwyo

It's been proven even us men have a hormonal cycle ,so it's possible for us to have days we are just not feeling our best.

The next leg day will be awesome , I'm resting up and eating some good food , not every workout can be a record breaker. Just wait till next session LOOKOUT!

I love your enthusiasm man! Crush it!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Herculesinwyo
146 Post(s)
Posted

I'm trying to be supergrandpa Haha.

Thanks for the encouragement coach.

Herculesinwyo
146 Post(s)
Posted

Well tonight is going to be leg day yet again , and i actually look forward to it . I have come to like doing squats, imbehind on updates as summer life gets real busy.

Last week when i added weight to the Bahbell this made me feel more stable and gave me some new confidence. Is that Odd? I’m planniong to try to surpass 200 pounds this time as all my joints and tendons are feeling real healthy.

I was surprised that having 185 on the bar compared to 135 or 155 made the whole motion feel more stable, anyway it worked for me and it has made me feel way better about going heavier. Befor anyone says anything about weight , i have bee going for 8 to 10 reps right now so for me that still gets me some good deep soreness.

Update soon once im done with this session which will probably be some where between midnight and 3 AM.

Here we go!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Well tonight is going to be leg day yet again , and i actually look forward to it . I have come to like doing squats, imbehind on updates as summer life gets real busy.

Last week when i added weight to the Bahbell this made me feel more stable and gave me some new confidence. Is that Odd? I’m planniong to try to surpass 200 pounds this time as all my joints and tendons are feeling real healthy.

I was surprised that having 185 on the bar compared to 135 or 155 made the whole motion feel more stable, anyway it worked for me and it has made me feel way better about going heavier. Befor anyone says anything about weight , i have bee going for 8 to 10 reps right now so for me that still gets me some good deep soreness.

Update soon once im done with this session which will probably be some where between midnight and 3 AM.

Here we go!

No problem about being busy Mike, I have been super busy too.. must just be that time of the year!

Sometimes more weight can help actually.. squatting with just the bar might feel a little 'off', but then once you add weight it keeps you grounded.. excuse the pun haha.

You are doing a great job and making great progress Mike, proud of you! Almost at that 200lb mark 🙌 

Herculesinwyo
146 Post(s)
Posted

It may be time i wrap up comments on this thread ( maybe). This mornings session was yet another day of improvement. I wont get into all the detailed numbers but my working sets were up 10 pounds and 2 more reps per set. Then fo one extra last set i wanted to add 5 pounds and just get one last good squat in. Well i accidentally added 10 pounds, i told my self too bad buddy lets go!! So i anyway i got 2 more reps at an all time ass to grass weight record for me. Right there proved to me mind over matter is a fact. I figure everyone’s actuall lift numbers only really matter to them, as long as we improve and get stronger thats the key.

Chest night tonight after i play on the trains for 10 hours, i will eat and get mind set for some bench improvement.

My motto is always set new goals , dont get complacent and the so called plateaus will be rare.

The squat journey will continue and i ill be posting a new topic asking for help soon im sure.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

It may be time i wrap up comments on this thread ( maybe). This mornings session was yet another day of improvement. I wont get into all the detailed numbers but my working sets were up 10 pounds and 2 more reps per set. Then fo one extra last set i wanted to add 5 pounds and just get one last good squat in. Well i accidentally added 10 pounds, i told my self too bad buddy lets go!! So i anyway i got 2 more reps at an all time ass to grass weight record for me. Right there proved to me mind over matter is a fact. I figure everyone’s actuall lift numbers only really matter to them, as long as we improve and get stronger thats the key.

Chest night tonight after i play on the trains for 10 hours, i will eat and get mind set for some bench improvement.

My motto is always set new goals , dont get complacent and the so called plateaus will be rare.

The squat journey will continue and i ill be posting a new topic asking for help soon im sure.

Nice Mike! Like the saying goes.. mind over matter. Whether you think you can or you think you can't.. you're right. Good job on pushing through for a new ATG PR!

Sounds like a motto to me! Never settle 💪 

Definitley post if you need help again - the community and I are here to help!

«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .