«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Daniel_Meyer
Daniel_Meyer g Daniel Meyer
518 Post(s)
518 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: deepshf

Definatly Scott, I have already added those stretches and they get me feel much better as well. I am not that flexible so I am still working on these advance stretches. But yess they take my  off for sure.

I am in talk with a massage therapyst, but I am not finding time to visit him and get things done :(. Hopefully next week I may be free for that  :)

When you see this massage therapist please don't let them go crazy on you! All you need is light massage to the lower paraspinal muscles and nothing else!! Please don't let them try and release your glutes or anything because it won't help!

Sport Rehabilitation BSc GSR Sport Rehabilitator and S&C coach at Boston United FC Super Hermanite Twitter: Daniel_Meyer99
deepshf
deepshf g Deepesh Shah
25 Post(s)
25 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2011
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Hey Dee,

Have you tried the stretches in Daniel's post?  Are they helping with numbness?

Yeah Scott,I am doing those stretches regularly, no help with the numbness though but its making me comfortable. I still walk strange coz myleft calf hurts while walking :(

Don't count your reps, make your reps count !! Old school Super Hermanite and MS Athlete instagram : iamdee7 #HTH
deepshf
deepshf g Deepesh Shah
25 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Daniel_Meyer

A herniated disc can be confirmed with a MRI however my clinical impression stongly suggests it is a hernaited disc. The numbness you are experiencing is typical of a disc herniation with a radiculopathy. Let me basically explain what is happening here. A herniated disc causes pressure at the point of where a nerve comes out your spine. This nerve runs through your glutes and right down to the outside of your foot. As this nerve is trapped it feels like pins and needles then will progress to numbness down the path of the nerve. Where do you feel the sensation of numbness? Where you feel it will indicate to me how severe the herniation is. The idea of the exercises I gave you where to try and basically reverse the herniation and take the pressure off the nerve therefore stopping th pain in your leg. You have to be extremely careful with this condition, it is not a matter of strecthing as this will do more damage. Follow my treatment plan and let me know how it goes. It can be a long process so be pateint! Hope you get well soon buddy!

Sorry for the delay bro, I was busy with my bro's marriage :) I feel numbness on my feet neat my toes(basically whole feet). I also feel pain like soreness near my left calf and the back side of the joint you can say, that whats makes me walk uncomfortably.Plus I have pain on my left glute( a bit above on the extreme left).

Don't count your reps, make your reps count !! Old school Super Hermanite and MS Athlete instagram : iamdee7 #HTH
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted

A herniated disc can be confirmed with a MRI however my clinical impression stongly suggests it is a hernaited disc. The numbness you are experiencing is typical of a disc herniation with a radiculopathy. Let me basically explain what is happening here. A herniated disc causes pressure at the point of where a nerve comes out your spine. This nerve runs through your glutes and right down to the outside of your foot. As this nerve is trapped it feels like pins and needles then will progress to numbness down the path of the nerve. Where do you feel the sensation of numbness? Where you feel it will indicate to me how severe the herniation is. The idea of the exercises I gave you where to try and basically reverse the herniation and take the pressure off the nerve therefore stopping th pain in your leg. You have to be extremely careful with this condition, it is not a matter of strecthing as this will do more damage. Follow my treatment plan and let me know how it goes. It can be a long process so be pateint! Hope you get well soon buddy!

Unfortunately, I think Daniel is right :-(.   The type of nerve symptoms you describe is what happens when a nerve is being impinged or pressured. Numbness and pain are not good.  I would get an MRI done as soon as you can to identify which lumbar disk(s) are bulging and how bad.  It sounds like an L2 or L3.  From there you can plan a course of treatment and therapy. 

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
Daniel_Meyer
518 Post(s)
Posted

Sorry for the delay bro, I was busy with my bro's marriage :) I feel numbness on my feet neat my toes(basically whole feet). I also feel pain like soreness near my left calf and the back side of the joint you can say, that whats makes me walk uncomfortably.Plus I have pain on my left glute( a bit above on the extreme left).

Its okay mate, hope you had a good time and congratulations to him! Have you tried the exercises I gave you?

Sport Rehabilitation BSc GSR Sport Rehabilitator and S&C coach at Boston United FC Super Hermanite Twitter: Daniel_Meyer99
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

Unfortunately, I think Daniel is right :-(.   The type of nerve symptoms you describe is what happens when a nerve is being impinged or pressured. Numbness and pain are not good.  I would get an MRI done as soon as you can to identify which lumbar disk(s) are bulging and how bad.  It sounds like an L2 or L3.  From there you can plan a course of treatment and therapy. 

John

Spot on John :)

Sorry Dee.  I know it sucks, but the sooner you get it checked out the better.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
deepshf
deepshf g Deepesh Shah
25 Post(s)
Posted

Its okay mate, hope you had a good time and congratulations to him! Have you tried the exercises I gave you?

Yes, I have been doing it regularly. Back pain is much less than before but the pinch feel is still there at specific moments but much better than what it was.Only one thing I am confused is for neural mobs.Can u get me a link to it, I tried searching for it but couldnt find anything specific.

Also Is it ok If I incorporate some hip flexor stretches and some hamstring stretches?

deepshf
deepshf g Deepesh Shah
25 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Spot on John :)

Sorry Dee.  I know it sucks, but the sooner you get it checked out the better.

Yeah Scott, as soon as I finish this project I will get it checked.

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted

Yeah Scott, as soon as I finish this project I will get it checked.

Ok good.  Happy to hear that Dee :)

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Daniel_Meyer
518 Post(s)
Posted

Yes, I have been doing it regularly. Back pain is much less than before but the pinch feel is still there at specific moments but much better than what it was.Only one thing I am confused is for neural mobs.Can u get me a link to it, I tried searching for it but couldnt find anything specific.

Also Is it ok If I incorporate some hip flexor stretches and some hamstring stretches?

Good, this all means progress. As for the neural mobs I have no link or anything as it came from a set of PT exercises I own. Can I send  the image to you another way perhaps? As for the the hip flexor stretching I see no problem but I would avoid the hamstring strecthing as this will irritate the nerve.

deepshf
deepshf g Deepesh Shah
25 Post(s)
Posted

Good, this all means progress. As for the neural mobs I have no link or anything as it came from a set of PT exercises I own. Can I send  the image to you another way perhaps? As for the the hip flexor stretching I see no problem but I would avoid the hamstring strecthing as this will irritate the nerve.

Aha Thanks mahnn :) Ok Point taken. thanks for the response :)You are a saviour

And yes you can mail me the image deep.16shah@me.com :)

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .