Skip to main content

Trouble Building My Meal Plan

Scott, I have to ask, like, a million questions to you!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
25 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted
Posted By: uther9

hi mayur795 you can edit your forum credentials by going here http://muscularstrength.com/edit-profile and clicking on FORUM CREDENTIALS / SOCIAL MEDIA

Hey, man! What's the point of this FORUM CREDENTIALS/SOCIAL MEDIA? What is it? I'm sorry, I'm a newbie here.

Certified Animator from University of Cambridge, England.
mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

Ya, man! That's what I'm feeling. It'll take a lot of time to build a perfect meal plan. The trial and error is, obviously, included. My body stats are: weight- 67kg, belly (on the belly-button)- 31", BF- 15% and height- 5'5". And I measure my body-fat percentage by this website----------------> http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/#result

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: JoeHurricane

Hey @mayur795.

Building your meal plan takes a lot of time, as well as trial and error. You can't expect to find the perfect balance straight off the bat.

First off, 50-100g of carbs is for very quick fat loss. That would be if you wanted to cut body fat down to a low percentage within very few weeks. It's not a sustainable diet in the long run.

Now, can you lose fat with 345g carbs? Possibly. Everyone reacts differently to different macro ratios. Some people can easily drop fat while eat 300g or more of carbs. Others can't. You need to try it and see what works for you.

I would suggest, that if you want to lose fat. then you go ahead and change your protein and fat intakes like you mentioned.

How many calories are you aiming for daily to lose fat? And can you also post your body stats here? That way we can give you more help :)

"How many calories are you aiming for daily to lose fat?" <---------------------As for this question, I, also, have some questions, first, to be answered. Then, I'll be able to inform you, clearly. Don't mind, please. I'm learning.

By the way, what is this 'p' below the text-box?! This selects the text. But why? What's the point? What's the use? Is 'Shift+Page Up' dead?

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

Anyway, whoeve I'm talking to, I gotta eat! I'll see whoever later!

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

whoever* I'm...

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

What questions do you have about the calories you're aiming for? Feel free to ask them :)

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

Okay, so, here's the question which I asked Scott on fb----------------> Hey, Scott! One thing more! This question might sound stupid but... why did we get average BMR? What's the need of it? Also, calculations based on that? Why not only the high number? Scott, I'm talking about the calculations (should be done, shouldn't it?) based on only the high number because I suppose, we all (fitness freaks) workout daily. So, we daily burn calories, like (in my case), 3027.

It's about BMR at motion. Why do we need to take its average? Why not only the high number (in motion)? Because we're fitness guys! We workout daily! So, this way, we daily burn high calories. Then, why do we need BMR at rest in order to take average? What does the average do? Then, why do we cut 250-500 calories from the average BMR? Why don't we want to cut 250-500 calories from BMR in motion? Also, I have this question that if we cut off 250-500 calories from whichever BMR (average BMR or BMR in motion), won't we be feeling a little hungry, because, obviously, we wouldn't have fed ourselves the amount of calories which the bodies require. Also, is fullness factor for foods a different thing from calories? Is it a scientific thing? Is it, like, some foods provide low calories but they provide great fullness factor (although, I know that happens but still I wanna know from a professional/knowledgable person. What is fullness factor? What is the unit to measure it? Some guy told me about TDEE shit at the beginning of the thread! I don't understand it. If possible, please explain it, also. Moreover, WHO ARE YOU? I'm a very curious person. So, please answer every SENTENCE! And I have a flat-face right now, not a smiling face! That's doesn't necessarily mean I'm angry! I'm just emotionless!

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

You're using unregistered weapons technology! Identify yourself!

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

I have more questions! I'll ask them one-by-one. Everything's linked.

uther9
uther9 a Arturo Benitez
87 Post(s)
87 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: April 4, 2012
Posted
Posted By: mayur795

Hey, man! What's the point of this FORUM CREDENTIALS/SOCIAL MEDIA? What is it? I'm sorry, I'm a newbie here.

The tab FORUM CREDENTIALS/SOCIAL MEDIA is there so you can add your social media and credentials. When add your social media, the 4 buttons on your profile will turn on. The forum credentials textbox is there so that you can add a short description about who you are or what qualifications you have to display in the forums only. For example, a personal trainer with a certification would add in the textboxt that they have a certification.

You can add whatever you want or leave it blank.

If you have anymore questions about getting around the site let me know.

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

Okay.

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: mayur795

Okay, so, here's the question which I asked Scott on fb----------------> Hey, Scott! One thing more! This question might sound stupid but... why did we get average BMR? What's the need of it? Also, calculations based on that? Why not only the high number? Scott, I'm talking about the calculations (should be done, shouldn't it?) based on only the high number because I suppose, we all (fitness freaks) workout daily. So, we daily burn calories, like (in my case), 3027.

It's about BMR at motion. Why do we need to take its average? Why not only the high number (in motion)? Because we're fitness guys! We workout daily! So, this way, we daily burn high calories. Then, why do we need BMR at rest in order to take average? What does the average do? Then, why do we cut 250-500 calories from the average BMR? Why don't we want to cut 250-500 calories from BMR in motion? Also, I have this question that if we cut off 250-500 calories from whichever BMR (average BMR or BMR in motion), won't we be feeling a little hungry, because, obviously, we wouldn't have fed ourselves the amount of calories which the bodies require. Also, is fullness factor for foods a different thing from calories? Is it a scientific thing? Is it, like, some foods provide low calories but they provide great fullness factor (although, I know that happens but still I wanna know from a professional/knowledgable person. What is fullness factor? What is the unit to measure it? Some guy told me about TDEE shit at the beginning of the thread! I don't understand it. If possible, please explain it, also. Moreover, WHO ARE YOU? I'm a very curious person. So, please answer every SENTENCE! And I have a flat-face right now, not a smiling face! That's doesn't necessarily mean I'm angry! I'm just emotionless!

1. The @mealplan calculator is designed to give you a starting point. If you don't think the average is enough calories for you, then start with the In Motion number and see how you progress over a few weeks. The average is simply a starting point for those that might end up putting on too much weight be jumping straight onto the In Motion number of calories.

2. When you are deficit, yes you will feel hungry, but that is kind of the point. In order to lose weight, you need to eat less calories than you are taking in, just like to gain weight, you need to eat more calories than you are taking in. That hunger should go away after dieting for a week or two, and you can try to feel fuller by doing things like eating more meals throughout the day.

3. Fullness is kind of different to calories. Obviosuly fat is more filling than other foods because it has more calories, but protein may be the best in terms of the fullness factor, because it has the highest Thermic Effect of the three macronutrients (I talked about this in my latest video which I will post below).

4. TDEE is Total Daily Expenditure - Basically it is how many calories you burn throughout any given day.

As for who am I? ... I'm Jordan :)

Hope that all makes sense!

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: JoeHurricane

1. The @mealplan calculator is designed to give you a starting point. If you don't think the average is enough calories for you, then start with the In Motion number and see how you progress over a few weeks. The average is simply a starting point for those that might end up putting on too much weight be jumping straight onto the In Motion number of calories.

2. When you are deficit, yes you will feel hungry, but that is kind of the point. In order to lose weight, you need to eat less calories than you are taking in, just like to gain weight, you need to eat more calories than you are taking in. That hunger should go away after dieting for a week or two, and you can try to feel fuller by doing things like eating more meals throughout the day.

3. Fullness is kind of different to calories. Obviosuly fat is more filling than other foods because it has more calories, but protein may be the best in terms of the fullness factor, because it has the highest Thermic Effect of the three macronutrients (I talked about this in my latest video which I will post below).

4. TDEE is Total Daily Expenditure - Basically it is how many calories you burn throughout any given day.

As for who am I? ... I'm Jordan :)

Hope that all makes sense!

But Jordan the what? Jordan the Rockstar? Jordar the Certified Personal Trainer? Jordan the Freeman? Jordan the Vampire? Jordan the 3D Modeler? Jordan the Great (some king!)? Jordan the Fitness Freak (but, definitely, not a CPT)? Jordan the Barbarian? Jordan the... dunno... what to say...? frown

mayur795
mayur795 g Mayur Choubey
25 Post(s)
Posted

Also, is TDEE different from BMR in motion? And, if yes; then, how?

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .