Skip to main content

Get your most frequently asked questions answered here!

Have a question not in our list? Leave a comment below!

«
Page 29 of 30 ▾
»
tmqt2392
tmqt2392 p Trinh Thanh
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: June 6, 2019
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

@tmqt2392 When you say a normal stretch like warm-up, what do you mean? Are you doing these movements? If not, try them and see if they loosen your shoulder up!

oh yeah, the dumbbell stretch really good for me, thanks Scott, you're awesome !

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: tmqt2392

oh yeah, the dumbbell stretch really good for me, thanks Scott, you're awesome !

@tmqt2392 glad I could help man!!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
BDS
BDS g Brijesh Sivabalan
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2019
Posted

Hi Scott, as a beginner and being skinny fat I have a belly, is there any point in training abs if its going to make my stomach look even bigger?

Thanks

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: BDS

Hi Scott, as a beginner and being skinny fat I have a belly, is there any point in training abs if its going to make my stomach look even bigger?

Thanks

@BDS You should definitely still train abs my friend. You wouldn't stop training your biceps or chest just because you had fat covering them, right? Same with abs. It's going to make them look their best when you cut down and it's not going to make your gut bigger at all really 💪 

BDS
BDS g Brijesh Sivabalan
5 Post(s)
Posted

Thanks, Scott! I was also wondering when is it appropriate to cut and eat lesser calories as I am only 17.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks, Scott! I was also wondering when is it appropriate to cut and eat lesser calories as I am only 17.

@BDS honestly I wouldn't worry about cutting for a while yet, unless you're obese / well above 20% body fat. You should be making the most of your time as a teenager to stay in a surplus and grow as much as possible!

BDS
BDS g Brijesh Sivabalan
5 Post(s)
Posted

Cheers Scott, appreciate it!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Cheers Scott, appreciate it!

@BDS my pleasure!

ahhsnap13
ahhsnap13 g Timothy Coon
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2019
Posted

Hey Scott,

Are you convinced about any natural test boosters?(my bad if you have posted about this before). Products like Phytodrol and other "natural test boosters". Ive heard your means for naturally raising test levels with food. But I was wondering if you have heard of any products out their that help with boosting test levels?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ahhsnap13

Hey Scott,

Are you convinced about any natural test boosters?(my bad if you have posted about this before). Products like Phytodrol and other "natural test boosters". Ive heard your means for naturally raising test levels with food. But I was wondering if you have heard of any products out their that help with boosting test levels?

@ahhsnap13 I have a video from a few years ago where I talked about testosterone boosters. Check it out!

ahhsnap13
ahhsnap13 g Timothy Coon
3 Post(s)
Posted

Awesome, thanks Scott. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this site and the attention you pay to your members. Thanks much. Best circuit and full program workouts Ive ever done.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: ahhsnap13

Awesome, thanks Scott. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this site and the attention you pay to your members. Thanks much. Best circuit and full program workouts Ive ever done.

@ahhsnap13 my pleasure Timothy! I always do my best to help as much as I can and make sure you guys are on the right track! Glad you're enjoying the circuits and programs!

ahhsnap13
ahhsnap13 g Timothy Coon
3 Post(s)
Posted

Haha I wouldnt say I enjoy them during but I enjoy the results. 💪 

BDS
BDS g Brijesh Sivabalan
5 Post(s)
Posted

Hey Scott, I was wondering when trying to gain muscle, is there any effective method to guesstimate the number of calories in homecooked meals or restaurant meals when you don't have a chance to weigh everything or simply not knowing every ingredient in a dish.

Thanks Scott

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey Scott, I was wondering when trying to gain muscle, is there any effective method to guesstimate the number of calories in homecooked meals or restaurant meals when you don't have a chance to weigh everything or simply not knowing every ingredient in a dish.

Thanks Scott

@BDS It's basically just guesstimation at that point. You have to eye ball your portions and make a judgement call. Doesn't matter if it's not spot on, as long as it's close.

Porkmeat
Porkmeat g Mar Cun
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: July 7, 2019
Posted

Hey Scott, got a quick question about sets, reps and intensity that I can't find a concrete answer to. When I go for a weight I can do ~12 reps with, I tend to drop off significantly with the following sets (for example 12>9>7). What's the best thing to do here? Should my goal be to improve those other sets or should I alway focus on the first set and increase the weight even if I drop off like that later on. And if it's the first one, should I drop the weight for each set, increase the rest time, or something else? Thanks man, love your stuff!

«
Page 29 of 30 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .