Skip to main content

Favorite Pre-Workout and Why?

Whats your all time favorite pre-workout and why?

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
ABRamped
ABRamped g James Bowers
13 Post(s)
13 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: November 11, 2014
Posted
Posted By: JoeHurricane

I don't think having a banana is going to suddenly make you store fat. What will make you store fat is excess calories. So like you said, everything will pretty much work together if you're burning enough calories.

The reality is basically whatever food you eat before the gym is likely to be used to fuel your workout. It's the food during the rest of the day that either goes toward performing everyday functions, rebuilding muscle, or hanging around as fat.

Jordan

Good, that's what I was thinking and just needed someone else to confirm that! :) I had been on the fence about trying a pre-workout, but the regime I've been doning has been working out just fine for me. I tried a pre-workout before and it made me feel like crap and actually hindered my workouts.

jcgadfly
jcgadfly g Jeff Craft
192 Post(s)
192 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: May 5, 2015
Posted
Posted By: ohawkey

I never had pre workout.... unless creatine counts. Don't have money for pre workout Usually just drink coffee and green tea in the morning with breakfast and that will give me enough energy even if I workout in the afternoon.

I'd like to try this preworkout, but I don't have enough balls to.

That looks a lot like my warmup before I go onstage.:)

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care. I'm an eternal rookie - As soon as I stop learning I start dying.
ohawkey
ohawkey g Robert Fong
445 Post(s)
445 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: jcgadfly

That looks a lot like my warmup before I go onstage.:)

haha nice man

JoeHurricane
JoeHurricane p Jordan Matthews
1.5K Post(s)
1.5K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: ABRamped

Good, that's what I was thinking and just needed someone else to confirm that! :) I had been on the fence about trying a pre-workout, but the regime I've been doning has been working out just fine for me. I tried a pre-workout before and it made me feel like crap and actually hindered my workouts.

Yeah pre-workouts are more a personal preference than anything else. So if you felt like crap, it could be the brand, or it could just be the make-up of pre-workouts in general.

Knowing what works for you is the key!!

Jordan

SHF Athlete MS Athlete Partial Fitness YouTuber
sdavis
sdavis g Scott & Sherry Davis
56 Post(s)
56 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2015
Posted

I kinda like the new formula NO Xplode, but I think that mixing the powder form is not quite as good as using premixed shakes. I use two scoops of the new formula where the slightly less potent version of the energy mix does the same job. Then it comes down to cost I suppose. Muscle Pharm Assault isn't bad, but it doesn't give me the same pump. Xtreme Shock NO premixed is solid. It doesn't have the amphetamine jitters that some of the shady sups have like formula 1......stay away from it. That stuff will kill you. These three give you similar niacin boosts and have a pump effect. Of the three, the premixes seem to be more effective.

I think the nitrogen aspect was brought up by John. Some people absorb more nitrogen just from breathing than others, and there are ways to stimulate higher levels. That nitrogen level helps to pack more blood into the muscle hence the pump. Ever wonder where the science behind this technology comes from? It'll probably make you laugh when you realize it....

jack3d14
jack3d14 g Anthony Passa
37 Post(s)
37 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2015
Posted

GAT Nitraflex is pretty intense they came out with new one too called PMP which is better pump wise. I'm on cobra labs the curse pre workout now. It's nothing like nitraflex but the cost per serving ratio is awesome.

PumpSavages
PumpSavages g David Lotito
19 Post(s)
19 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: January 1, 2014
Posted
Posted By: jack3d14

GAT Nitraflex is pretty intense they came out with new one too called PMP which is better pump wise. I'm on cobra labs the curse pre workout now. It's nothing like nitraflex but the cost per serving ratio is awesome.

I will have to try it out!

CEO/Founder of: http://www.DaveLotitoFitness.com http://www.Instagram.com/DaveLotito CEO/Founder of: http://www.YouTube.com/PumpSavages http://www.Instagram.com/Pump_Savages
jack3d14
jack3d14 g Anthony Passa
37 Post(s)
37 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2015
Posted

stimul8 from Finaflex is also very good

M_Levesque
M_Levesque g Michelle Levesque
113 Post(s)
113 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: jack3d14

stimul8 from Finaflex is also very good

Stimul8 is pretty awesome! still can't take a full scoop without feeling cracked out!

Right now I use USPLabs MaxREPS and ModernPRE or I use RunEverythingLabs STW and EWP stacked together with their DTE fatburner.

To the orginial poster, Dave, may the original Jack3d rest in peace....best pre workout ever. :(

Working to inspire others while staying as fit as possible! Instagram: Eat_Lift_Inspire Twitter: Eatliftinspire
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .