Skip to main content

2015 Goals!

What are you hoping to achieve this year?

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
lnellyy
lnellyy g Lidia Nelly
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2015
Posted

Good luck ;)

crood
crood a Chris P.
467 Post(s)
467 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: August 8, 2014
Posted

Let's bump this topic once more.. the year is already going towards its last quarter..

how does it look ladies and gentlemen did you reach any of these goals already? and new goals ?

Mine have changed dramatically, since i kind of made a straight forward boost. everytime i master one thing, 10.000 others are easier and the more new goals i have lol.

No matter the progress i have had enough throwbacks too, where i had to start over and over..

but i am a hardheadded person so i keep rinsing and repeat until it works.

Especially health has thrown me back several times this year already. But i have come so far ever since my accident 2 years ago.. so enough reason to go on, no matter the throwbacks : )

current goals:

- 1 arm elbow lever (non straddled, can do straddled already)

- rings pushup-handstand, sink into floating planche in rings

- weighted dips maybe 30 kilo attached by the end of the year. or somewhat close to this. (at 22 kilo right now)

- the 4 big compound moves (barbell-squat, -benchpress, -overheadpress, - deadlift)

increasing the weight lifted as much as i can manage in a current 5x5 regime, didn't set my goals in numbers, as every kilo added is progress =D

- further working on stabilizing my posture (scoliosis)

- putting on some more lean mass/muscles

So how about all of you??

i know from many of you that you are reaching your goals or parts of them, and i am silently happy everytime i read someone is progressing. Because it's the best reward for all the hard work!!!

Admin + MS Athlete You will get nowhere, if you don't move :) - crood -
kez1978
kez1978 g Kerry Maguire
7 Post(s)
7 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2014
Posted

Well, what can I say, we are almost in October. I have big big news, well it is for me, something that I am super proud of and never thought I could achieve ... last month I qualified as a Personal trainer. This was not on my list of 2015 goals!

"Be Here Now!"
philflorey
philflorey g Phil McAuliffe
163 Post(s)
163 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: March 3, 2013
Posted
Posted By: kez1978

Well, what can I say, we are almost in October. I have big big news, well it is for me, something that I am super proud of and never thought I could achieve ... last month I qualified as a Personal trainer. This was not on my list of 2015 goals!

Hi Kez

That's fantastic news!! I'm so pleased for you! So, what's the next thing? Open a chain of super-successful gyms based on your health and fitness wisdom? Global domination?

Well done.

Cheers

Eat like a man Train like a beast Operate like a gentlemen Become a legend
kez1978
kez1978 g Kerry Maguire
7 Post(s)
7 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2014
Posted

Thanks Philflorey, the next plan is to find clients and build a website.

Just working on the website at the minute so will let you know when it is live.

Any tips on what should be on the home page? I have a brief history of moi, followed by what I am hoping to acheive in founding this business and what I can help the client with.

I see living South Korea agrees with you then. Is the move everything you thought it would be?

Cheers

K

"Be Here Now!"
philflorey
philflorey g Phil McAuliffe
163 Post(s)
163 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: March 3, 2013
Posted

Hi Kez (@kez1978)

Sorry, I just saw this post and see that I owe you a response!

Is your website up yet? In terms of any tips, I'm a huge fan of broad principles that reflect what's important to you and what kind of client you'd want to help. For example, I'd prefer a PT who has some life experience over a recent school leaver. I'd also prefer a PT who advocated whole foods rather than supplements and also a PT who motivated me and who I had fun with (I love to laugh).

How to capture that in a few sentences is the tricky bit, I reckon!!

Yep, Korea's great. The move has been as expected, but we kept an open mind when doing this. It's our second time living in Asia, with our first being in Vietnam a few years ago. Korea is very similar to Vietnam, but very different too. It's unapologetically Korean, which is the source of its many charms and many frustrations! But the important thing is that the kids have settled in to their new school and we're beginning to get on with building a life here (rather than feeling like we're just visiting)

Good luck with the site!!

Cheers

Eat like a man Train like a beast Operate like a gentlemen Become a legend
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .