kevinkoprol
kevinkoprol g Kevin Boon
93 Post(s)
93 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

Jesus dude.....you are F'n strong :-)

John

Thanks man! I always blame it on me small legs lol:P.

Question everything. MS Athlete
Joey_Lopez
Joey_Lopez g Jose Lopez
226 Post(s)
226 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: kevinkoprol

Here it is!

DAAAAAAAAAMN! Freakin awesome man! Do you do gymnastics?

2 year #SHF athlete I love to train hard and help others when they want it.
Hawk_Given
Hawk_Given g Hawk Given
170 Post(s)
170 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Here it is!

Very inspiring! Good to show how to build-up on doing the planche. Can't wait to show my boys! They will have fun trying this out.

On a side note, if not already, you should be in bodybuilding competitions.

MS Athlete BS, Medical Technology (ASCP) BS, Organizational Leadership and Supervision I Give God all the glory! That is where I find true strength!
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Hawk_Given

Very inspiring! Good to show how to build-up on doing the planche. Can't wait to show my boys! They will have fun trying this out.

On a side note, if not already, you should be in bodybuilding competitions.

I agree @Hawk_Given, I am pushing @kevinkoprol to keep doing more!!!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
el_adri
el_adri g Adrian Cantrell
21 Post(s)
21 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Injury Recovery Date Joined: August 8, 2012
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

After three weeks of not being able to train, I know leg day is going to be a day that I will soon regret. So, to spice things up I decided to take it easy, lighten the load, focus on controlled reps and work on some advanced calisthenics movements between my leg exercises.

At this point in my life I am starting to wonder what is the point of building all this muscle and strength if I can’t even properly control my own bodyweight? Goku would not be pleased… Anyone else experimenting with some of the movements I am doing in this video? I want that front lever on the rings so bad! Then, I want to accomplish the ring planche! That would be KILLER! #HTH #SHFAthlete

See the full video below!

Hey Scott! Nice workout. Goku would be proud. In response to what you said about what the point is in having all this muscle and not being to control your bodyweight, I totally agree with you. My goal is to have a physique like yours, but I also want incorporate other activities like muay thai into my routine one day. Anyways, I recommend you check out Rob Riches' series of videos on Muscle & Fitness UK entitled "Nice body, what can you do with it?" There, Rob tries a whole bunch of different activities like boxing, muay thai, freerunning, crossfit, syncronized swimming, beach bootcamp, powerbuilding, etc. Those videos are awesome. You should check out those videos if you're looking for ideas to add an activity or change a routine. #SuperSaiyansTrainHarder  

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: el_adri

Hey Scott! Nice workout. Goku would be proud. In response to what you said about what the point is in having all this muscle and not being to control your bodyweight, I totally agree with you. My goal is to have a physique like yours, but I also want incorporate other activities like muay thai into my routine one day. Anyways, I recommend you check out Rob Riches' series of videos on Muscle & Fitness UK entitled "Nice body, what can you do with it?" There, Rob tries a whole bunch of different activities like boxing, muay thai, freerunning, crossfit, syncronized swimming, beach bootcamp, powerbuilding, etc. Those videos are awesome. You should check out those videos if you're looking for ideas to add an activity or change a routine. #SuperSaiyansTrainHarder  

Glad to see you share in my passion and that sounds like a great series by Rob! I will have to check it out. I am getting pretty good at my front lever... Just takes time!!

#supersaiyanstrainharder

Damn right!

Proteozym
Proteozym g Jonas Safran
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2014
Posted

Since this is my first post: Hi to all of You! =)
And hey Scott, I've been watching you videos for quite a while now :), I had totally forgotten I registered to your site as well .

I just have a quick question about this topic:

I go to the gym 4 times a week (Back; Chest/Biceps; Shoulders/Triceps; Legs) and I'd love to work up to some advanced movements like this. The problem is I don't know how to incorporate those in to my routine. I can't really incorporate movements like this directly in or before my training; doing this on my off days at home would be optimal.
But that probably wouldn't be to beneficial for my recovery... do you guys have any advice for me? It would really be appreciated =)

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Proteozym

Since this is my first post: Hi to all of You! =)
And hey Scott, I've been watching you videos for quite a while now :), I had totally forgotten I registered to your site as well .

I just have a quick question about this topic:

I go to the gym 4 times a week (Back; Chest/Biceps; Shoulders/Triceps; Legs) and I'd love to work up to some advanced movements like this. The problem is I don't know how to incorporate those in to my routine. I can't really incorporate movements like this directly in or before my training; doing this on my off days at home would be optimal.
But that probably wouldn't be to beneficial for my recovery... do you guys have any advice for me? It would really be appreciated =)

haha oh no man! But glad you remembered and came back!

Let's do this. Post for me your routine below. The exercises you do on which days and then I can see about inplementing more advanced movements! #HTH

Proteozym
Proteozym g Jonas Safran
5 Post(s)
Posted

Yeah me too!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok so here it goes:

Quads & Hamstrings Tuesday  
Quads    
Exercise Sets Reps
Squat - Power 4 3 to 5
Leg Press  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Front Squad - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Leg Press – Drop 1 12
Hamstrings    
Lunges 2 – 3 10
Leg Curl (1Leg)-Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Leg Curl – Drop 1 12

Chest & Biceps Monday  
Chest    
Exercise Sets Reps
Bench Press- Power 4 3 to 5
Incline DB Press  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
DB Flys – Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
DB Underhand / Upper Crossover
– Drop
2 12
Biceps    
Exercise Sets Reps
Pinwheel Curls - Power 2 3 to 5
Standing Barbell Curl  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Preacher Curl – Drop 1 – 2 10 – 12

Shoulder & Triceps Thursday  
Shoulder    
Exercise Sets Reps
Seated Barbell Press - Power 4 3 to 5
Seated Arnold Press  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Barbell Front Raises – Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
DB Lateral Raises – Drop 2 10
Triceps    
Exercise Sets Reps
Closegrip Bench Press - Power 2 3 to 5
Seated French Press - Muscle 2 6 to 12
DB Skullcrushers - Muscle 2 6 to 12
Push Down – Drop 1 10

Back, Calves & Abs Friday  
Back    
Exercise Sets Reps
Rack Pulls - Power 2 – 4 3 to 5
W. Pullups - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Barbell/T-Bar Rows  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
EZ Upright Row 2 – 3 6 to 12
Upright Row Machine – Drop 1 12
Straight Arm Pull-D 2 6 to 12
Calves    
Standing Calf Raise – Muscle 2 – 3 10 to 15
Leg Press Calf Raises – Burn 2 40
Abs    
Leg Raises 3 10 to 15

(I hope the formating is ok?)

So this is my routine, I change up some of the "Muscle" Excersises every now and then.

I always wanted to be able to do things like the planche, flag, handstand on the bar :)

I'm gonna implement the pistol squat on my leg days, and by that I mean working up to being able to do a pistol squat :D.

But I'm really lost on how to implement most of those calisthenics in this plan ....

Proteozym
Proteozym g Jonas Safran
5 Post(s)
Posted

Or if it would be too much to do them on my off days since it involves a lot of muscles that need to recover...

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Proteozym

Yeah me too!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok so here it goes:

Quads & Hamstrings Tuesday  
Quads    
Exercise Sets Reps
Squat - Power 4 3 to 5
Leg Press  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Front Squad - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Leg Press – Drop 1 12
Hamstrings    
Lunges 2 – 3 10
Leg Curl (1Leg)-Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Leg Curl – Drop 1 12

Chest & Biceps Monday  
Chest    
Exercise Sets Reps
Bench Press- Power 4 3 to 5
Incline DB Press  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
DB Flys – Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
DB Underhand / Upper Crossover
– Drop
2 12
Biceps    
Exercise Sets Reps
Pinwheel Curls - Power 2 3 to 5
Standing Barbell Curl  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Preacher Curl – Drop 1 – 2 10 – 12

Shoulder & Triceps Thursday  
Shoulder    
Exercise Sets Reps
Seated Barbell Press - Power 4 3 to 5
Seated Arnold Press  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Barbell Front Raises – Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
DB Lateral Raises – Drop 2 10
Triceps    
Exercise Sets Reps
Closegrip Bench Press - Power 2 3 to 5
Seated French Press - Muscle 2 6 to 12
DB Skullcrushers - Muscle 2 6 to 12
Push Down – Drop 1 10

Back, Calves & Abs Friday  
Back    
Exercise Sets Reps
Rack Pulls - Power 2 – 4 3 to 5
W. Pullups - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
Barbell/T-Bar Rows  - Muscle 2 – 3 6 to 12
EZ Upright Row 2 – 3 6 to 12
Upright Row Machine – Drop 1 12
Straight Arm Pull-D 2 6 to 12
Calves    
Standing Calf Raise – Muscle 2 – 3 10 to 15
Leg Press Calf Raises – Burn 2 40
Abs    
Leg Raises 3 10 to 15

(I hope the formating is ok?)

So this is my routine, I change up some of the "Muscle" Excersises every now and then.

I always wanted to be able to do things like the planche, flag, handstand on the bar :)

I'm gonna implement the pistol squat on my leg days, and by that I mean working up to being able to do a pistol squat :D.

But I'm really lost on how to implement most of those calisthenics in this plan ....

So are you not able to lift on Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Also, why only one abdominal exercise?

Proteozym
Proteozym g Jonas Safran
5 Post(s)
Posted

Well it always depends on the week I guess this is adjusted if needed. Also right now I'm on semesterbreak so I got a lot of time ;)

I'd love to train those calisthenics on my "off" days! I'm just concerned it would hinder my recovery..

Oh don't worry that's just my gym plan I do Abs 3 times a week (only one time in the gym) ;) Should've mentioned that.

Mcmike
Mcmike g Michael Benedict Ramos
458 Post(s)
458 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted

Here it is!

Hey there kevin... remember what I tell you that I'll let you know after I tried this? Damn dude I almost break my wrist, my shoulder and back are kinda shaking.. and I almost fall to the floor. Its really tough training... but its challenge me more to try something new for a change. It would be so nice if you can share a video showing some step by step or basic technique to this kind of training. If you do.. it would be an honor to try out this kind stuff.

( Beginner ) 1 Year Lifting Experience Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management Don't be afraid to make mistakes, face failure and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. You'll get everything you wish for... just focus and work on it. And you'll get more than you could ever have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long, and in the end - - the journey is the destination.
Mcmike
Mcmike g Michael Benedict Ramos
458 Post(s)
458 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

After three weeks of not being able to train, I know leg day is going to be a day that I will soon regret. So, to spice things up I decided to take it easy, lighten the load, focus on controlled reps and work on some advanced calisthenics movements between my leg exercises.

At this point in my life I am starting to wonder what is the point of building all this muscle and strength if I can’t even properly control my own bodyweight? Goku would not be pleased… Anyone else experimenting with some of the movements I am doing in this video? I want that front lever on the rings so bad! Then, I want to accomplish the ring planche! That would be KILLER! #HTH #SHFAthlete

See the full video below!

AHAHHAHAHA I already tried this out captain, love that up side down stuff and that hanging sit postion... great for the core. Oh I'm sorry for the term.. I don't know how do you call that stuff.

( Beginner ) 1 Year Lifting Experience Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management Don't be afraid to make mistakes, face failure and fall, because most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. You'll get everything you wish for... just focus and work on it. And you'll get more than you could ever have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long, and in the end - - the journey is the destination.
kevinkoprol
kevinkoprol g Kevin Boon
93 Post(s)
93 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Mcmike

Hey there kevin... remember what I tell you that I'll let you know after I tried this? Damn dude I almost break my wrist, my shoulder and back are kinda shaking.. and I almost fall to the floor. Its really tough training... but its challenge me more to try something new for a change. It would be so nice if you can share a video showing some step by step or basic technique to this kind of training. If you do.. it would be an honor to try out this kind stuff.

I think ill make a video of a basic exercise(or exercises) to help strengthening yourself for this kind of stuff:P. I don't know if scott already has made a video about this move? I call it the vacuumcleaner pushup haha. I'll be making the video this week.

Question everything. MS Athlete
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I think ill make a video of a basic exercise(or exercises) to help strengthening yourself for this kind of stuff:P. I don't know if scott already has made a video about this move? I call it the vacuumcleaner pushup haha. I'll be making the video this week.

I am anxious to see that man!! Send soon!!!

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .