Page 2 of 2 ▾
Whisper
Whisper p+ Kostas Kroustaloudis
687 Post(s)
687 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: September 9, 2011
Posted
Posted By: Olivarius

Got you :D

Another thing is, the last exerices which is the Reverse Pulldown with the Bar. In my gym, I don't have such a bar. Which exercise can I replace it with? Dips?

Dips is a far superior tricep movement than any pulldown, but since you want something similar to replace the reverse pulldown, you should replace it with one arm tricep pulldowns. I think Scott will agree on this.

Muscular Strength Athlete and Content Manager 6 Years Lifting Experience Bachelors in Molecular Chemistry/Biochemistry, Working towards Masters Lifting Style & Philosophy : Aikido, Energy, Balance, Flexibility, Posture
Saahil27
Saahil27 g Saahil Parmar
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Hi Scott, been following your channel for about an year now & I wanted to ask you that I'm doing my tricep workout & they are in a good shape considering from where I started, the thing is when I extend my arm and bend at 90 degree angle the tricep kind of lags & jiggles if I swing it which I really hate. So will dips solve this? Or if you could guide me with that, it would be great.

Olivarius
Olivarius g Oliver Lang
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: March 3, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Whisper

Dips is a far superior tricep movement than any pulldown, but since you want something similar to replace the reverse pulldown, you should replace it with one arm tricep pulldowns. I think Scott will agree on this.

Do you have a video tutorial on how to do the single arm tricep pulldowns?

Whisper
687 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Saahil27

Hi Scott, been following your channel for about an year now & I wanted to ask you that I'm doing my tricep workout & they are in a good shape considering from where I started, the thing is when I extend my arm and bend at 90 degree angle the tricep kind of lags & jiggles if I swing it which I really hate. So will dips solve this? Or if you could guide me with that, it would be great.

Well, you either have a huge tricep that jiggles, or you have some fat above your tricep area. The second sounds more likely :) Dips will not solve this. No matter how big a muscle gets, if you dont lose the fat in the area, it will still jiggle. So, if you really want to get rid of it, you re going to have to start losing some weight overall and eventually it will come off the tricep area.

Muscular Strength Athlete and Content Manager 6 Years Lifting Experience Bachelors in Molecular Chemistry/Biochemistry, Working towards Masters Lifting Style & Philosophy : Aikido, Energy, Balance, Flexibility, Posture
Whisper
687 Post(s)
Posted

Posted by: Olivarius

There you go friend :)

Saahil27
Saahil27 g Saahil Parmar
3 Post(s)
Posted

Well, you either have a huge tricep that jiggles, or you have some fat above your tricep area. The second sounds more likely :) Dips will not solve this. No matter how big a muscle gets, if you dont lose the fat in the area, it will still jiggle. So, if you really want to get rid of it, you re going to have to start losing some weight overall and eventually it will come off the tricep area.

Copy that. Thanks man for the advice.

Olivarius
Olivarius g Oliver Lang
5 Post(s)
5 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: March 3, 2014
Posted
Posted by: Olivarius

There you go friend :)

Any guesses on why the like/dislike button got disabled?

Whisper
687 Post(s)
Posted

Any guesses on why the like/dislike button got disabled?

No idea, maybe Scott can tell you, but I dont think he has much time today. Dont worry, its not because too many people were disliking :P The demonstration is correct, and the exercise is extremely simple anyway. Its not deadlift-complicated :D

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted

Scott, at 3:22, you mentioned "...I rest at least 2 minutes..." do you think that if you rest a total of 5 minutes, you would have gotten at least 4 reps if not all 5 reps without help? When I was doing a strength program(Starting Strength) I rest 4-5minutes and have been able to get at least 4 reps without help. What do you think?+ScottHermanFitness 

(3:22 in video) I am going to try this workout tomorrow. Actually it is my rest day but I NEED THOSE GAINS! :D

Well, anytime you rest longer you can expect more energy for your sets.

If you want to rest a bit longer then you can totally go up to 4 - 5 minutes.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Impulse

What are your thoughts on using close grip bench press as your 5x5 alternative to skulls crushers? From experience the 5x5 method is more conducive to compound movements than an isolation but I've used it in bodybuilding routines as well so I'm not saying it isn't effective. The main goal would be to avoid any elbow / triceps tendonitis - so I guess I'm just suggesting (in a long winded way) an alternative exercise for those with predispositions to elbow pain or form flaws haha.

To be honest I will swap out skull crushers or pwoer bombs for close-grip bench press.

My goal with my videos is to not always use the same exercises in the same order. Also, think of my videos as a guide, you are always more than welcome to bring your ownideas into them brotha!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Saahil27

Well building muscle in the area can definitely help tighten things up. Meal plan is important too. If the jiggle is excess bodyfat you might want to check your meal plan and introduce some cardio after your workouts. 15-20 minutes after a hardcore session like this is sufficient.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

No idea, maybe Scott can tell you, but I dont think he has much time today. Dont worry, its not because too many people were disliking :P The demonstration is correct, and the exercise is extremely simple anyway. Its not deadlift-complicated :D

Hrmm.. that is weird.. I never get rid of the like / dislike weird.

Impulse
Impulse g
209 Post(s)
209 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: March 3, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

To be honest I will swap out skull crushers or pwoer bombs for close-grip bench press.

My goal with my videos is to not always use the same exercises in the same order. Also, think of my videos as a guide, you are always more than welcome to bring your ownideas into them brotha!

I hear ya on that one, more exposure to different ideas is always a great way to learn and grow (both in training philosophy and muscularly ).

Eric // Impulse Bachelor's Degree of Kinesiology Current Study in Human Nutritional Sciences ACSM Certified Personal Trainer NSCA-CSCS and CPT
Saahil27
Saahil27 g Saahil Parmar
3 Post(s)
Posted

Have already started doing that & will continue...but still thanks for the advice, really thank you...

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .