Skip to main content
97nathes
97nathes g Nathes Anantharajah
3 Post(s)
3 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2020
Posted

Height: 176cm

Waist: 78cm

Body Fat: 15% (Navy Body Fat Calculator)

Hi Guys, I’m deciding between bulking or cutting and was wondering if you guys could help me in making my decision.

And also would you guys be able to give me an estimation on my current Body Fat %?

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: 97nathes

Height: 176cm

Waist: 78cm

Body Fat: 15% (Navy Body Fat Calculator)

Hi Guys, I’m deciding between bulking or cutting and was wondering if you guys could help me in making my decision.

And also would you guys be able to give me an estimation on my current Body Fat %?

@97nathes Hey man! First off congrats on the transformation so far, looking awesome my friend! The abs are popping, arms looking bigger and you've got a v-taper going on there!

I would say you're around 14% or 15% based on your photos.

In terms of bulking or cutting, it depends on your main goal at the moment really. You're lean enough to bulk from here, but if you want to be shredded for summer then you could cut down to closer to 10%.

What's your main goal?

Also, looks like you posted this multiple times so I deleted the other threads and we'll just keep this one!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
97nathes
3 Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott, thank you for responding so quickly, really appreciate it bro

I do want to look more lean and definitely want to lose the love handles as much as I can.

I’ve been maintaining this BF% over the last 2 weeks, mainly due to the fact that I’ve been yo-yoi due to not having a clear goal at an average of 2600 Calories over a week.

Some Questions:
Do you have an estimated time frame of how long it takes to get from 15% to 11% BF based on your experience?

And is a 500 Calorie deficit still a good deficit here or is it time to lower the deficit?

Any of your programs you recommend from  that I can use during a cut that could maybe focus on some areas I could build from looking at my photos?

By the way, congratulations on your investment with Safemoon man, really happy for you. 

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott, thank you for responding so quickly, really appreciate it bro

I do want to look more lean and definitely want to lose the love handles as much as I can.

I’ve been maintaining this BF% over the last 2 weeks, mainly due to the fact that I’ve been yo-yoi due to not having a clear goal at an average of 2600 Calories over a week.

Some Questions:
Do you have an estimated time frame of how long it takes to get from 15% to 11% BF based on your experience?

And is a 500 Calorie deficit still a good deficit here or is it time to lower the deficit?

Any of your programs you recommend from  that I can use during a cut that could maybe focus on some areas I could build from looking at my photos?

By the way, congratulations on your investment with Safemoon man, really happy for you. 

@97nathes Sweet man, let's aim for a bit of fat loss then! To answer your questions...

I wouldn't look at putting a specific time frame on it. Just stay consistent with your training and eating and that will ensure you get there as soon as possible. I would give it probably 8 weeks or a couple of months so that you lose fat at a good pace to maintain as much muscle as possible.

As long as you're between 250 - 500 calories in a deficit then you should be losing weight. Probably start around 250 - 300 so that gives you room to increase it as you go through your fat loss and hit plateaus.

Based on your goal (and if you have access to a gym) my PPL program is probably the best option for you!

And thanks man! To the moon! Haha

97nathes
3 Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman

Thanks for getting back to me and answering my questions.

Has definitely helped with setting a goal. Going to start with a small deficit of around 300 Calories and increase it from there / increase deficit by cardio once fat loss slows down.

Do you mean the PPL Program that 6x a week?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman

Thanks for getting back to me and answering my questions.

Has definitely helped with setting a goal. Going to start with a small deficit of around 300 Calories and increase it from there / increase deficit by cardio once fat loss slows down.

Do you mean the PPL Program that 6x a week?

@97nathes My pleasure man!

Yeah that's best man, start with a small deficit and increase it over time as you need to. Like you say, that and adding in some cardio will keep the fat loss ticking over.

Yeah that's the PPL program I mean! The first month will be three hypertrophy routines along with some HIIT circuits, then as you progress to MONTH 2 and MONTH 3 you'll increase your amount of days in the gym!

muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .