Skip to main content
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Joannibern
Joannibern g Joan Ibern
57 Post(s)
57 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Hey everybody. This morning I have been looking a lot of information about what can be the damage muscle and I saw a possible one. The subclavius muscle. I have never heared that name but it is located in this zone

Does anyone know anything about this muscle? You use this muscle in push-ups or dips?

mross787
mross787 g Mike Ross
87 Post(s)
87 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: May 5, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Joannibern

Hey everybody. This morning I have been looking a lot of information about what can be the damage muscle and I saw a possible one. The subclavius muscle. I have never heared that name but it is located in this zone

Does anyone know anything about this muscle? You use this muscle in push-ups or dips?

Posted by: Joannibern

The subclavius has definitely given me trouble in the past. In my experience dips tend to irritate it while I can still do push-ups just fine. However, I don't know enough about anatomy and biomechanics to say if it's the same for everyone, or if I'm just weird.

I thought some of the suggestions in this article sound good and am going to try it out and see if the treatment options work in helping to prevent me from running into future issues.

gaiusgracchus
gaiusgracchus g Gaius Gracchus
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2017
Posted

Same thing happened to me. Dips. Went to the doctor and that is the right muscle (subclavius). It gets strained and in my case, at the insertion point on the clavicle. He said treat it like any other muscle strain - rest, ice, etc. I am going to do a lot of stretching and then super light weights to get it strengthed again slowly. It is prone to injury now, so I am working on rehabilitating it.

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: gaiusgracchus

Same thing happened to me. Dips. Went to the doctor and that is the right muscle (subclavius). It gets strained and in my case, at the insertion point on the clavicle. He said treat it like any other muscle strain - rest, ice, etc. I am going to do a lot of stretching and then super light weights to get it strengthed again slowly. It is prone to injury now, so I am working on rehabilitating it.

Sorry to hear about that man. But over time the muscle will get stronger as you do more dynamic type lifting. Keep us posted on your progress!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .