Skip to main content

To Cardio or NOT to cardio????

Starting as a newbie to muscle building...

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Robf76
Robf76 g Robert Fullick
12 Post(s)
12 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: April 4, 2018
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Oh that is awesome Rob! Thanks so much for the support man it really means a lot, I hope you both enjoy all of the content 😊 Yeah that first set with the reverse pyramid will take the longest, but with all of the other rest periods being super short, it should only take you around 90 minutes to do the entire workouts.

If it is taking you longer, make sure number one that you're sticking to the rest periods, and then if you need to, superset some exercises to save time. But 2 hours isn't bad when you hit so many muscle groups, and keep in mind at least 15 minutes of that is spent resting between those first reverse pyramid sets.

Thanks 💪🏻👍🏻 I’ll need to google superset lol !! I don’t/haven’t seen anyone going this stuff - just 3 sets of 10 seems to be standard, so I’m there ages in comparison.

is it ok if stuck for time to do it split, half in a.m and rest P.m?

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Robf76

Thanks 💪🏻👍🏻 I’ll need to google superset lol !! I don’t/haven’t seen anyone going this stuff - just 3 sets of 10 seems to be standard, so I’m there ages in comparison.

is it ok if stuck for time to do it split, half in a.m and rest P.m?

A superset is performing two exercises back-to-back. So it might be like a dumbbell chest press and a tricep pushdown. You do your dumbbell bench press reps, then go straight to the cable machine and do your pushdown reps, and then you take your 60 second rest period.

Doing 3 sets of 10 can work to an extent, but generally you will see even better results by pushing through more sets of exercises to really achieve that muscle breakdown. Even Arnold was an advocate of doing at least 4-5 sets on an exercise to actually get the most out of it.

And yes you can split the workouts up into two different workouts on the same day!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .