«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: niko9926

Hello again Scott and Community ! So its November 2 2018 and i ve decided for maybe 2 months ( u can tell me if thats enought for cut ) to cut some weight cuz right now im around 200 pounds 19 years old still training 6 days per week ppl program and im kinda fatty not much but still my goal is to get to around 12-15 % bodyfat right now im maybe 23 % .So i need your help to tell me if my calculations are right in order to start this cut.Im thinking to do it to around december and after that to start bulking to around maybe march but still i need to do this cut in order to work.So give me any profesional advice if i need to tweak smth or i can start now with thoose numbers.Also what numbers shound change if im one day off the gym.Thanks

@niko9926 Damn you are a lucky guy being able to go on a cut at 3400 calories!! Haha.

The only change I would make is to maybe reduce your carbs further. I think that will help with your fat loss. Because you're going to need so many calories, you'll still need to keep them high-ish, around that 300g mark. So maybe on days you train, for starters, aim for 300g carbs, and increase your fats to make up for those lost calories.

If you can get that much protein in daily (316g), then great, but if you want to lower it a bit to more like 1.5g per pound of lean bodyweight, that would be OK as well. Again, if you did that, I would just suggest increasing the fats further to make up for lost calories.

Then on your off days, probably reduce your calories by 300 or so (down to about 3100 calories). What did you put for your level of training? Did you put hard training 6-7 days a week?

And 2 - 3 months should be enough for your cut to get down to 12 - 15% body fat!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
niko9926
niko9926 g Nikola Todorov
34 Post(s)
34 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: November 11, 2016
Posted

Yeah i've made some changes and i put my level of training to moderate exersize or sports 3-5 days per week because i go to the gym 6 days per week and theres my real results cuz when i saw i need to eat 3496 calories i order to cut i went to recalculate again because thats a lot for cut i think.So heres my updated results witch i think are more realistic . And one more question if i put rapid fat lost will i be able to lose only fat not musle ?

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: niko9926

Yeah i've made some changes and i put my level of training to moderate exersize or sports 3-5 days per week because i go to the gym 6 days per week and theres my real results cuz when i saw i need to eat 3496 calories i order to cut i went to recalculate again because thats a lot for cut i think.So heres my updated results witch i think are more realistic . And one more question if i put rapid fat lost will i be able to lose only fat not musle ?

@niko9926 Yeah those numbers look more realistic haha. I would still maybe actually lower the carbs further for a cut, maybe between 200g - 250g, and then increase the fat to about 90g to make up for the lost calories.

And with rapid fat loss, you actually might end up losing more muscle believe it or not. The faster you cut weight and the bigger your deficit can mean you'll end up burning through some more muscle, but if you keep your protein high, keep training intensely and don't go above a 500 calorie deficit, you'll be OK!

So what you're aiming for now in terms of total calories should allow you to maintain as much muscle as possible!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .