Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: niko9926

Hi again,so im following this since 17 of january and i cant say i see a drastic results i still weight around 200 pounds but the weirdest thing was that yesterday i was at the gym and the scale said that i weight around 197 pounds and today at home the scale said that i weight 200 (maybe its because i eat a breakfast before i measured myself).To be fair before i cant say haw many calories a was eating some day maybe 2800 the other day if i wasnt that hungry 2500 the problem is that i wasnt calulating how many calories i was eating.And today after waking up i feel like sh*t,i have a weird headache, i have sorenes almost everywhere so i decidet to take a bit of a brake today but im thinking shound i deload this week or no cuz i last time i had a break for the gym it was around cristmas and i took it because i wasnt at home.Mabe im getting sick because right now in Bulgaria there is a Flu Epidemic and most of the people are sick can be from this ? idk . So my main question is shound i recalculate my calories and put them around 2972 or i shound stick with the 2300 calories amd how many carbs,fat and protein shound i eat in order to lose that layer of fat i have and after that to lean bulk ?

@niko9926 I would go with the macros I listed a few posts above, but maybe bump the fats up to about 100g to add some more calories and see if you can lose weight at around 2500 at least.

You could maybe even aim for 2800 to start with and slowly work your way down from there as you hit plateaus. So try to keep the carbs to about 175g-200g max, increase fat to 100g, and then maybe boost protein a bit (maybe around 240g-250g) too so that your total daily calories equal around 2600-2800.

If you are feeling so sick/tired that you think going to the gym will make things worse, maybe take a day or two to do very light stuff or take a day or two off. Just listen to your body. And don't worry about the scale, it fluctuates a lot, especially if you use different scales - focus on weighing yourself once a week in the morning before eating to get a good idea of your true weight.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
niko9926
niko9926 g Nikola Todorov
34 Post(s)
34 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: November 11, 2016
Posted

Thanks for the good answer.I boosted my calories to about 2700 my carbs are around 203,protein is 236,fat is 105.Today i will be buying a scale for the grams so i can properly measure them.Will be putting a updates everysingle week on my weight.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks for the good answer.I boosted my calories to about 2700 my carbs are around 203,protein is 236,fat is 105.Today i will be buying a scale for the grams so i can properly measure them.Will be putting a updates everysingle week on my weight.

Sounds good @niko9926! Keep us updated! 💪 

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

Oh and one more thing how much water shound i drink a day if thats important in order to boost the lost of fat i usually drink around 2500-3000 ml a day,and in my ppl workout do i need to do more reps like 15,12,10,8 or i can do the usual 4x10 reps ?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Oh and one more thing how much water shound i drink a day if thats important in order to boost the lost of fat i usually drink around 2500-3000 ml a day,and in my ppl workout do i need to do more reps like 15,12,10,8 or i can do the usual 4x10 reps ?

If you're seeing results with 4x10, keep doing that or maybe even do 5x10 or 6x10 and just do fewer exercises.

Your water intake sounds good - probably aim for 3-4L daily.

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

Thank you Scott and Comunity for the amazing feedback so far.Other question is bothering me right now and that is my workout plan and i need answers from you guys just because you are more experinenced in the bodybuilding than me (i train in arout 2 years now).So im following the lpp (legs,push,pull) workout that i created myself with a help from the web and i need opinion is it good for musle building and do i need to reajust it.Any feedback would be nice.Also i saw the other that in this forum a thread about the carbs cyling and me personaly do i really need to follow it aswell ? ( If im correct i need on a train days to increace the carbs and on a rest day to decrease them).Theres some pictures of my lpp workout plan that im following since 20 of november.The a&b is a 1 day so monday fo example and b is friday.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thank you Scott and Comunity for the amazing feedback so far.Other question is bothering me right now and that is my workout plan and i need answers from you guys just because you are more experinenced in the bodybuilding than me (i train in arout 2 years now).So im following the lpp (legs,push,pull) workout that i created myself with a help from the web and i need opinion is it good for musle building and do i need to reajust it.Any feedback would be nice.Also i saw the other that in this forum a thread about the carbs cyling and me personaly do i really need to follow it aswell ? ( If im correct i need on a train days to increace the carbs and on a rest day to decrease them).Theres some pictures of my lpp workout plan that im following since 20 of november.The a&b is a 1 day so monday fo example and b is friday.

This set up actually looks pretty good @niko9926! You have all of your compound movements in there, you have a good set range and not too many exercises, and you have enough volume and frequency too.

If it's working for you there's no reason why you can't keep going with this 😊 If you feel like trying a different PPL workout at some point you can always try the one here on the site next too! http://muscularstrength.com/Push-Pull-Legs

And you have the right idea about carb cycling too - but for you it's probably not as important because your aim is fat loss. I would stick around 200g-230g carbs max even on training days, and then lower it to 125g-150g on rest days when you don't need as many carbs for energy.

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

Hi again Scott and Community 😁 . A quick update on my current wegiht and my current calories.So as today im around 200 pounds , and about 2600 calories (205 g of carbs,220 g of protein , 100 g of fat ) and on my rest day witch is thursday am around 2400 calories (135 g carbs , 240 gr of protein and 100 g of fat ).My question is next week shound i lower the calories and marcos and so how much cuz i think im in a plateau of losing the weight i want i see results but they are not as big as i want them to be.Thanks

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi again Scott and Community 😁 . A quick update on my current wegiht and my current calories.So as today im around 200 pounds , and about 2600 calories (205 g of carbs,220 g of protein , 100 g of fat ) and on my rest day witch is thursday am around 2400 calories (135 g carbs , 240 gr of protein and 100 g of fat ).My question is next week shound i lower the calories and marcos and so how much cuz i think im in a plateau of losing the weight i want i see results but they are not as big as i want them to be.Thanks

Good things take time my friend. If you start losing weight too fast, you start risking more muscle loss too. If you do things slowly, you're more likely to maintain more muscle.

If you're still losing weight consistnently I would stick with what you have until you STOP seeing progress. How much weight are you losing on average per week?

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

To be honest idk maybe a half a kilo.So I shound stick with thoose stats in a point were I dont see any movement and then to cut the macros and calories but by how much ?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

To be honest idk maybe a half a kilo.So I shound stick with thoose stats in a point were I dont see any movement and then to cut the macros and calories but by how much ?

Half a kilo per week is great progress, that's not slow at all! That's a little over 1lb per week. Perfect. Stick with what you are doing, definitely, and yes when you stop seeing progress, then cut your calories back by about 150-200 daily OR add in more cardio so you can burn more calories while eating the same, which will therefore still have you in a deficit.

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott and Community 😊.After not counting my calories for maybe 2-3 monts i decided to do a cut again.So for this task i need your opinion about the macros and calories i calculated.So i weighted myself today and im around 189 pounds,19 years old,178 meters tall.I've calculated that i need to stay around 2807 calories,180 protein,77 fat,348 carbs.I used different calculator but in your calculator i got theese numbers :

BMR at Rest - 2003.27

BMR in Motion - 3105.07

So im i on the right track or i need to adjust some stuff in order this cut to work ?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott and Community 😊.After not counting my calories for maybe 2-3 monts i decided to do a cut again.So for this task i need your opinion about the macros and calories i calculated.So i weighted myself today and im around 189 pounds,19 years old,178 meters tall.I've calculated that i need to stay around 2807 calories,180 protein,77 fat,348 carbs.I used different calculator but in your calculator i got theese numbers :

BMR at Rest - 2003.27

BMR in Motion - 3105.07

So im i on the right track or i need to adjust some stuff in order this cut to work ?

Sounds like your calories are on the right track. If you calculated 2800 for a cut, that would put you 300 calories below BMR in motion, so that's perfect.

I'd make a few changes to your macros though. Aim for at least 1.2 - 1.5g protein per pound of lean body weight. So protein will probably be better sitting at somewhere around 200g-250g. Just reduce carbs if you decide to increase the protein.

I generally say low carb for fat loss too.. but everyone is different, so if you can manage a solid cut on 250g-300g carbs then more power to you!

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

Thanks for the solid advice Scott my final numbers are carbs-280,protein-230,fat-85 in total of 2805 calories,i hope this is a good start.Another question is by how much i need to decrease the calories and so shound i do it by weeks or when i stop seeing moving in the measures,and on the rest day whitch for me would be thursday by how much shound i lower the macros and the calories cuz i know i dont need that much fuel in the rest days ? Thanks again for the solid answers so far 😊

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks for the solid advice Scott my final numbers are carbs-280,protein-230,fat-85 in total of 2805 calories,i hope this is a good start.Another question is by how much i need to decrease the calories and so shound i do it by weeks or when i stop seeing moving in the measures,and on the rest day whitch for me would be thursday by how much shound i lower the macros and the calories cuz i know i dont need that much fuel in the rest days ? Thanks again for the solid answers so far 😊

Macros look good now @niko9926!

Just decrease the calories when you stop seeing progress in the mirror or on the scale.. probably more so on the scale, but if you aren't noticing positive changes in the mirro,r it might be worth playing around with the macro numbers again.

Probably reduce your calorie intake by 100-200 calories on your rest day. Try cutting carbs back to more like 200g, and maybe increase fats to about 90g on your rest day.

niko9926
34 Post(s)
Posted

Hello again Scott and Community ! So its November 2 2018 and i ve decided for maybe 2 months ( u can tell me if thats enought for cut ) to cut some weight cuz right now im around 200 pounds 19 years old still training 6 days per week ppl program and im kinda fatty not much but still my goal is to get to around 12-15 % bodyfat right now im maybe 23 % .So i need your help to tell me if my calculations are right in order to start this cut.Im thinking to do it to around december and after that to start bulking to around maybe march but still i need to do this cut in order to work.So give me any profesional advice if i need to tweak smth or i can start now with thoose numbers.Also what numbers shound change if im one day off the gym.Thanks

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .