«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: ajames21

the reason I did the light weight is because I need to do proper form and finding out what's my limit of the max weight. Yes I been following it but sometimes its not easy to follow and sometimes the directions are not always clear. Now I think I understand now for the program, I'm suppose to lift only at the maximum weight that I can push not increasing weight like for example in Barbell Bench Press  five sets 5  reps  7, 7, 6, 4, 3 the maximum i can push is 85 lbs and not increasing the weight.

OK I can understand that you want to get used to the workout, fair enough 😊 But now you know your max weights so no excuses from now on 😁

I tried my best to make everything as easy to understand as possible with all the routines. All of the reps and sets are clearly laid out and each routine has a video where I do commentary to explain everything as well. However, if you still don't understand something about a particular routine, just post a question on that relevant routine.

With the barbell bench press.. it's not 5 sets of 5 reps.. it's five sets like this...

Set 1: 7 Reps

Set 2: 7 Reps

Set 3: 6 Reps

Set 4: 4 Reps

Set 5: 3 Reps

You SHOULD be increasing the weight on this movement, because you are doing less reps per set. The compound movements that have this rep scheme are the only movements where you should be increasing the weight as you move through each set. Hope that clears things up!

I don't think your nutrition is that bad really, the peanut butter chicken might be making your fat a little higher than what was planned, but that's OK. I'm a little confused about your calorie total though.. it says 3097 calories, but your macro totals only add up to 2444 by my calculations?

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .