«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Puchu

Is the myth true that for muscle and size we should do only 12 reps anf if we do more then muscle will not grow and it will convert to endurance of body?

Because scoot sir told to do workout with mind muscle connection slowly till the extent we are able to do else the whole set will be wasted.

Generally the muscle building rep range is 8-10 or 10-12 reps. You CAN build muscle with higher reps as a beginner.. but only to a certain extent. Did you see this video?

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
19 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted

Sir sometimes my barbell curls go till 30 in my first set.😂 

Should i stop at 12 or should i continue more than 12 because i am always able to do more?

And sir i had another question that i was going through the 4 week bicep workout program...should i continue that or start from begining?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Sir sometimes my barbell curls go till 30 in my first set.😂 

Should i stop at 12 or should i continue more than 12 because i am always able to do more?

And sir i had another question that i was going through the 4 week bicep workout program...should i continue that or start from begining?

Just increase the weight so that you can only get 8-12 reps my friend 😊 

You can repeat the program if you like! If you feel like you haven't been maximizing it then you can restart, or you can finish this 4 week cycle then get back into it 💪 

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
Posted

I have also added back workouts to my schedule....its pretty awesome to see those tiny cuts.

Sir can you recommend me some fatty foods and there amount which will improve my body fat which is above 19%?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I have also added back workouts to my schedule....its pretty awesome to see those tiny cuts.

Sir can you recommend me some fatty foods and there amount which will improve my body fat which is above 19%?

If you want to improve your body fat it will come down to your overall diet - being in a deficit so that you can drop weight. But you should get some healthy fats in your diet for sure, some good options are...

Avocados

Oily Fish (Tuna, Salmon etc.)

Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Pisatchios etc.)

Whole Eggs

Peanut Butter

Seeds

Those are all great options. Check out this list for more ideas! http://muscularstrength.com/article/healthy-shopping-list-for-life

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
Posted

Sir is it okay if i miss one day of my gym routine of 4 days?

I have added back exercises to my gym routine and now the schedule is like the following:

1.Biceps and Chest

2.Triceps and back

3.Biceps and Chest

4.Triceps and back

Sir should i add more exercises to this routine because due to my exams i am not able to concentrate much on them and even not able to go gym.So i grab a pair of dumbbells and a barbell staright bar and some more weights by which i am continuing the exercises.I will be able to join the gym back after February.So is it okay with the exercises or should i add shoulders?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Sir is it okay if i miss one day of my gym routine of 4 days?

I have added back exercises to my gym routine and now the schedule is like the following:

1.Biceps and Chest

2.Triceps and back

3.Biceps and Chest

4.Triceps and back

Sir should i add more exercises to this routine because due to my exams i am not able to concentrate much on them and even not able to go gym.So i grab a pair of dumbbells and a barbell staright bar and some more weights by which i am continuing the exercises.I will be able to join the gym back after February.So is it okay with the exercises or should i add shoulders?

@Puchu why are you only training upper body? What about your legs? And if you can't go to the gym until February, you might be better off following something like my home program to keep progressing over the next few months! http://muscularstrength.com/12-Week-Home-Program

The_Teacher
The_Teacher g Stephen Baetens
22 Post(s)
22 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted

Hi Scott

I'm on the 12 week challenge using dumbells of 8kg. But it seems I don't gain any more weight. I have to admit it's hard to reach my calories that I need. So I ordered a protein shake with more calories and proteins. Is there something else I can do?

My colleagues notice my body changing, and I get tighter and muscles get bigger. Yet my weight stays the same...

Thx!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: The_Teacher

Hi Scott

I'm on the 12 week challenge using dumbells of 8kg. But it seems I don't gain any more weight. I have to admit it's hard to reach my calories that I need. So I ordered a protein shake with more calories and proteins. Is there something else I can do?

My colleagues notice my body changing, and I get tighter and muscles get bigger. Yet my weight stays the same...

Thx!

Hey @The_Teacher.

So you're doing the 12 week home program, is that right? Calories are going to be the difference maker with any routine you do as to whether you gain weight or not my friend. If you aren't gaining weight, you need to eat more food. Period.

HOWEVER, if you are getting bigger muscles AND getting leaner.. it just means you are gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time which is EXACTLY what you want! So you are probably doing everything perfectly at the moment 😁 

Adding a protein shake is good if you were struggling to hit your protein intake daily. But like I say.. if you are noticing an increase in muscle size, and your bodyfat is going down.. then you don't need to change anything. Just keep doing what you're doing!

«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .