»
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: The_Teacher

Hi Scott

Thanks for the great videos! They're a great help!

I've gained some muscles and am really happy about it. As you recommended I've calculated my calorie intake. It should be 2800. Quite a challenge!

I workout 5 days a week, abs and dumbbell chest press with as much weight as possible. 1x 10 reps, 1x9, 1x 8reps, ...

Is this enough? Can I do something more, or should I do something differently?

Thanks!

Stephen B

Hey Stephen! Did you do your calculations on the @mealplan page and get some macros to follow as well? Post them here if you like to make sure you are on track.

For your workouts.. I'm a little confused.. do you only train chest and abs? What is your current split? Are you following something like the 5 Day Bodybuilding Split to make sure you're hitting everything with enough volume? http://muscularstrength.com/5-Day-Bodybuilding-Split

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
The_Teacher
The_Teacher g Stephen Baetens
22 Post(s)
22 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Hey Stephen! Did you do your calculations on the @mealplan page and get some macros to follow as well? Post them here if you like to make sure you are on track.

For your workouts.. I'm a little confused.. do you only train chest and abs? What is your current split? Are you following something like the 5 Day Bodybuilding Split to make sure you're hitting everything with enough volume? http://muscularstrength.com/5-Day-Bodybuilding-Split

Hi Scott

I am currently only training abs and chest. Not following a workout plan yet, cause I don't have time to hit the gym, my jobs takes way too much time. I have dumbbells of my own to use for my workout.

I workout my chest 5 days a week, and abs 6 times a week using the app (Abs 7-minutes (30 day challenges)

These are the calculations of the mealplane page.

BMR CALCULATION Weight : 126 Pounds

Height : 5 Feet 8 Inch

Exercises : Moderate exercise or sports 3-5 days a week

Sex : Male

BMR at Rest : 1517.38

BMR in Motion : 2351.94

MACRO CALCULATION Goal : Hard Muscle Gain

Bodyfat % : 10

Grams of Protein : 2

Grams of Fat : 0.35

Calorie Goal : 2852

Protien Intake Goal : 227

Fat Intake Goal : 40

Carbohydrate Intake Goal : 396

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott

I am currently only training abs and chest. Not following a workout plan yet, cause I don't have time to hit the gym, my jobs takes way too much time. I have dumbbells of my own to use for my workout.

I workout my chest 5 days a week, and abs 6 times a week using the app (Abs 7-minutes (30 day challenges)

These are the calculations of the mealplane page.

BMR CALCULATION Weight : 126 Pounds

Height : 5 Feet 8 Inch

Exercises : Moderate exercise or sports 3-5 days a week

Sex : Male

BMR at Rest : 1517.38

BMR in Motion : 2351.94

MACRO CALCULATION Goal : Hard Muscle Gain

Bodyfat % : 10

Grams of Protein : 2

Grams of Fat : 0.35

Calorie Goal : 2852

Fat Intake Goal : 40

Carbohydrate Intake Goal : 396

If you are only working out at home then you need to be doing my HOME PROGRAM. Right now these schedule honestly iss junk.. chest 5 days a week is not going to do anything for you. You are much better off doing the home workout program and even possibly doing the circuit workouts twice in a row on each day.

the program is labeled "fat loss" but as long as we boost your calories it can work for muscle gain: http://muscularstrength.com/12-Week-Home-Program

MY CHANGES to your macros

Calorie Goal : 2846

Fat Intake Goal : 82

Carbohydrate Intake Goal : 300

The_Teacher
The_Teacher g Stephen Baetens
22 Post(s)
22 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

If you are only working out at home then you need to be doing my HOME PROGRAM. Right now these schedule honestly iss junk.. chest 5 days a week is not going to do anything for you. You are much better off doing the home workout program and even possibly doing the circuit workouts twice in a row on each day.

the program is labeled "fat loss" but as long as we boost your calories it can work for muscle gain: http://muscularstrength.com/12-Week-Home-Program

MY CHANGES to your macros

Calorie Goal : 2846

Fat Intake Goal : 82

Carbohydrate Intake Goal : 300

Thanks! Going to try your Home Program, starting to day! Glad to have something to hold on to for a better workout and a real challenge to look the way I want in twelf weeks, just before I turn 30.

Is there a particular weight needed for the dumbbells? Do you recommend a certain meal plan?

Thanks for the support!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks! Going to try your Home Program, starting to day! Glad to have something to hold on to for a better workout and a real challenge to look the way I want in twelf weeks, just before I turn 30.

Is there a particular weight needed for the dumbbells? Do you recommend a certain meal plan?

Thanks for the support!

As long as you have 5lb or 10lb dumbbells that is all you need! For the @mealplan.. just make sure you hit the macors and calories I listed above. Check out this article for a good list of foods you can use to fill your diet! http://muscularstrength.com/article/healthy-shopping-list-for-life

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
19 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted

Sir my body fat% is very low,it is 19%.Is it enough?

my wieght =140 pounds

Height=5ft13inch

Age=17yrs

Sir should i increase my calories also?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Puchu

Sir my body fat% is very low,it is 19%.Is it enough?

my wieght =140 pounds

Height=5ft13inch

Age=17yrs

Sir should i increase my calories also?

If you are only 17 it is probably OK.. but you don't want to go much above 20% bodyfat. If you are 5ft 13 inches at 140lbs, you're probably not actually 19% bodyfat.. probably more skinny fat. Watch my video below if you haven't seen it yet.

As for your calories.. maybe you should increase them.. what are your current macros and calories? Been to the @mealplan page to do some calculations?

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
Posted

Sir in your video you said that that i should bulk according to my body condition which is skinny fat,so should i bulk and do workouts along with or should i stop the workouts and do bulking first?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Sir in your video you said that that i should bulk according to my body condition which is skinny fat,so should i bulk and do workouts along with or should i stop the workouts and do bulking first?

Still do the workouts my bro! That way you will put on muscle! If you don't workout you'll just put on fat.

pmondalno1
pmondalno1 g Priyam Mondal
6 Post(s)
6 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2016
Posted

Yes exactly ...is it enough??

I kept the point to always do the curls slowly while moving down which helped me a lot.Sir can you plz tell that doing the hammer curls can bring thickness to my muscles?

Puchu as a fellow Indian i know how crazy people are here and they only think or care about chest and upper portion of the arm mostly bies and tries. But thats no way to train in fact you should train them the least if you are a beginner its really better to focus on all the body parts that way you grow the best and also prevent injuries also best is to avoid heavy weights for the first 6 months in my experience that way you will be safe from tendon or joint releted injuries. If you only can put 4 days in training you should split it like day1-chest triceps, day2-legs and forearms, day3-back and biceps day4-shoulders and abs(if doing hanging abs exercise best to avoid doing with shoulders) take the rest 3 days as rest most people likes to take rest after leg day. and i would strongly recommend you to sneak in some cardios when ever u like for 30 minutes at least once a week.

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
Posted

Sir can't i do the workouts during elevated liver enzymes?😓 

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I'm not sure my friend.. you will have to ask your doctor about that one. Hope you recover from it soon though!

pmondalno1
pmondalno1 g Priyam Mondal
6 Post(s)
6 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2016
Posted

Seek doctors advise on that man. And stay strong you will get well soon

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
Posted

I am suffering from jaundice now...and i dont know what the doctor was....he told me that u are slim leave the gym.😬 You will take very high time to make your and bla bla.But the biggest example is my brother who was like me few years before and now after gym he looks like hulk.I dont know what is happening?

I dont know when my liver will be okay and i will be normal.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I am suffering from jaundice now...and i dont know what the doctor was....he told me that u are slim leave the gym.😬 You will take very high time to make your and bla bla.But the biggest example is my brother who was like me few years before and now after gym he looks like hulk.I dont know what is happening?

I dont know when my liver will be okay and i will be normal.

I'm sure your doctor meant leave the gym for now.. because if you have jaundice.. that's not good.. you need to rest and recover. I'm sure your doctor has your best interests at heart, and can hopefully help you recover. But for now the gym should be the last thing on your mind. You can get back to training when you are well again. For now focus on getting better my friend!! Overall health is more important than hitting the iron for a while.

Puchu
Puchu g Shirshak ROy
19 Post(s)
Posted

Is the myth true that for muscle and size we should do only 12 reps anf if we do more then muscle will not grow and it will convert to endurance of body?

Because scoot sir told to do workout with mind muscle connection slowly till the extent we are able to do else the whole set will be wasted.

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .