«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
andrija04
andrija04 g Andrija Jokovic
27 Post(s)
27 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted

Thanks for the previous answer Scott !

Just one more question,after how long period shoud I change exercises in my upper/lower split?

I watched your video about 5 thing that are killing our gains and one of mistakes was changing exercises every single workout.

Upper/lower split really lack in numbers of exercises for each pody part per week.

For ex. I only have 2 biceps exc. per week.

Thats why I am asking you this.

Oh ...I have seen your PPL program of course !

Great split between hypertrophy and strenght.

Definetly is going to be my next program! :)

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: andrija04

Thanks for the previous answer Scott !

Just one more question,after how long period shoud I change exercises in my upper/lower split?

I watched your video about 5 thing that are killing our gains and one of mistakes was changing exercises every single workout.

Upper/lower split really lack in numbers of exercises for each pody part per week.

For ex. I only have 2 biceps exc. per week.

Thats why I am asking you this.

Oh ...I have seen your PPL program of course !

Great split between hypertrophy and strenght.

Definetly is going to be my next program! :)

I would stick with one program for about 6-8 weeks before switching things up.

And awesome man! My programs are 12 weeks long, but each month the routine get's mixed up a little bit to keep things fresh. In a case like that, it's OK to wait 8-12 weeks before changing your routine 😊 ðŸ’ª 

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Vect0rs
Vect0rs g Ben Unknown
133 Post(s)
133 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted

Hi Scott. I'm back with a new question! What is your opionon on the mixed grip? The problem is on some exercises such as rack pulls and RDLs, I can lift way more with a mixed grip, however a trainer told me that mixed grip actually creates a risk of a bicep tear and imbalances, is this true and do you also suggest to avoid the mixed grip, and if so what is your recommendation if the bar starts slipping out of my fingers before my hamstrings or back are actually worked hard enough? I got the suggestion to just do double over hand grip until I get to about 185 and then start using straps...what's your suggestion. I still want to strenghten my grip but at the same time having to stop before the muscle that is supposed to be worked in the exercise is actually failing doesn't seem great either.

Thanks as always, and by the way that's actually an extremely important tip you pointed out in that back video, that trainer I mentioned earlier actually told me about that, and it does make a pretty big difference!

andrija04
andrija04 g Andrija Jokovic
27 Post(s)
27 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted
Thank you very much :)
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: andrija04
Thank you very much :)

You are very welcome @andrija04 😊 

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Vect0rs

Hi Scott. I'm back with a new question! What is your opionon on the mixed grip? The problem is on some exercises such as rack pulls and RDLs, I can lift way more with a mixed grip, however a trainer told me that mixed grip actually creates a risk of a bicep tear and imbalances, is this true and do you also suggest to avoid the mixed grip, and if so what is your recommendation if the bar starts slipping out of my fingers before my hamstrings or back are actually worked hard enough? I got the suggestion to just do double over hand grip until I get to about 185 and then start using straps...what's your suggestion. I still want to strenghten my grip but at the same time having to stop before the muscle that is supposed to be worked in the exercise is actually failing doesn't seem great either.

Thanks as always, and by the way that's actually an extremely important tip you pointed out in that back video, that trainer I mentioned earlier actually told me about that, and it does make a pretty big difference!

Mixed grip is good, most people need to use it in order to lift maximum weight. I suggest you lift with a double-overhand grip for as long as you can, then use a switch grip at the point where you can no longer lift the weight with double-overhand. For RDLs it's definitely OK to use straps in my opinion with heavy weight so you can focus on the hamstrings. You can use them on deadlifts too.. but again, try gonig for as long as you can without using them.

However, keep in mind to ALWAYS make sure your arms are locked when you go to pull the barbell. If your arms are bent, that's what can cause a bicep injury.

Vect0rs
Vect0rs g Ben Unknown
133 Post(s)
133 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted

Hi Scott. It's been a while but I have some new questions to ask you.

1.What do you think about having someone give you a lift off on the bench press vs doing it without a liftoff? When would you use it and why?

2. When I try to do straight bar curls, It feels okay, but the moment I finish and let go of the bar I have a pain for like 5-10 seconds in my wrists and then it's gone. Is there a way to avoid wrist pain during straight bar curls, and also if it only hurts for a few seconds after each set is that normal or is that bad?

Thanks Scott and keep up the good videos!

jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Vect0rs

Hi Scott. It's been a while but I have some new questions to ask you.

1.What do you think about having someone give you a lift off on the bench press vs doing it without a liftoff? When would you use it and why?

2. When I try to do straight bar curls, It feels okay, but the moment I finish and let go of the bar I have a pain for like 5-10 seconds in my wrists and then it's gone. Is there a way to avoid wrist pain during straight bar curls, and also if it only hurts for a few seconds after each set is that normal or is that bad?

Thanks Scott and keep up the good videos!

1) Having a lift-off just provides assistance should you either feel unsure of unracking the weight yourself or you don't want to waste energy on the lift-off so as to save it all for the exercise. If and when you use a lift-off is up to you. Whether you use it or not has no bearing on your gains.

2) You might want to try using the E-Z curl bar instead of a straight bar curl. Sometimes one's wrists are not easily adaptable to curling in a highly supinated position which is why you are feeling pain after you curl. Any type of pain is your body telling you either not to do an exercise the way you are currently doing it or you have overdone it and have caused an injury. Using the E-Z curl bar minimizes the stress on the wrists. Both bars work the biceps the same as long as you perform the movement correctly. Either way, listen to your body to prevent injuries.

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
«
Page 3 of 3 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .