Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
25 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2016
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

OK so all we need to do is obviously bump up the calories a little bit (so that you are in a surplus above your BMR in motion), and probably just play around with mostly the fat and carbs.

Let's aim for about 2850 calories to start with - which should put you in a surplus of about 250 calories and we can what happens over 1-2 weeks and move forward from there. Try these macros...

Protein: 210g (About 1.3g per pound of bodyweight)

Carbs: 270g

Fat: 100g

Total Calories = 2820

This gives us room to increase carbs as you need more calories, plus fats and protein can still go up if you don't manage to stay lean on 270g carbs. But this should be a good starting point, just keep an eye on the scale and in the mirror over the next couple of weeks. What do you think?

Hey Scott!!

I'm happy to tell your tha my wrist injury has been declared healed and it feels like it!!!

I'm about to finish the SHERD CHALLENGE: HOME EDITION and I'm ready to get back to the gym and jump rigth into that long-awaited bulking phase.

🏋 🏋 ðŸ‹

I thought about sticking to the macros that we discussed on that occasion. What do you think?

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: jfSR

Hey Scott!!

I'm happy to tell your tha my wrist injury has been declared healed and it feels like it!!!

I'm about to finish the SHERD CHALLENGE: HOME EDITION and I'm ready to get back to the gym and jump rigth into that long-awaited bulking phase.

🏋 🏋 ðŸ‹

I thought about sticking to the macros that we discussed on that occasion. What do you think?

FINALLY!!! you are ready to go!! yeah stick to those macros and then re-asses the after 3 to 4 weeks. if no gains.. time to add more food!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey Scott!!

🏋 🏋 ðŸ‹

Alright @jfSR that is awesome to hear man! I think those macros would be a good starting place for your bulk if you haven't started using them. Like I said in that previous post, you can try them for a week or two and then see whether or not they're helping you progress and move on from there 💪 

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

So... which workout program should I follow now bro?

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

So... which workout program should I follow now bro?

Well if you now have access to a gym and it's bulking season, then you should hit the PPL man! Get the gains going OVER 9000!!! http://muscularstrength.com/Push-Pull-Legs

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

Well if you now have access to a gym and it's bulking season, then you should hit the PPL man! Get the gains going OVER 9000!!! http://muscularstrength.com/Push-Pull-Legs

All right man.

First week of PPL workout program is done and I feel great!!!! I love this program, love the soreness.

But the diet... I thought that would be rather easier to eat 1000 calories more, instead I couldn't meet my protein intake not one single day this week, but surpassed the fats limit every time, I'm 3 pounds up in the scale already, although the mirror doesn't show it.

Anyways, I'll keep pushing!!!🏋

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

Something else. Unespected trip starting tomorrow. I will not have access to a gym or any weights other than my body weight for about 5 - 7 days.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

All right man.

First week of PPL workout program is done and I feel great!!!! I love this program, love the soreness.

But the diet... I thought that would be rather easier to eat 1000 calories more, instead I couldn't meet my protein intake not one single day this week, but surpassed the fats limit every time, I'm 3 pounds up in the scale already, although the mirror doesn't show it.

Anyways, I'll keep pushing!!!🏋

Awesome man!! Another 11 weeks of the program to go! Don't worry too much about not noticing results in the mirror just yet.. it takes time to notice changes for yourself but if you have increase weight then that is a good sign. Just make sure it doesn't continue to go up 3lbs every week for too long or that would be a sign you're probably gaining a bit too much excess fat.

If you are going to be away on vacation and don't have access to a gym, just do some of the bodyweight workouts in the @exclusive section, or do some of the home program workouts if you have access to some dumbbells - even without dumbbells, it would still give you some routines to follow while you're away! http://muscularstrength.com/exclusive/weekly-routines

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott

Quick question: How do you deal with the shin blows during deadlift?

I mean I try to follow the technique you showed in your video series about deadlift, but I always finish smashing the barbell on my shins.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott

Quick question: How do you deal with the shin blows during deadlift?

I mean I try to follow the technique you showed in your video series about deadlift, but I always finish smashing the barbell on my shins.

If you're scraping up your shins with deadlifts.. it just means you are doing them right haha. The bar should be that close to your body that it kind of rips them up a bit, it's not uncommon. If it's something that is happening too much and/or it's quite bad, try to wear long socks to protect those shins.

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott.

First month of bulking is DONE!!

Here are the before and after pictures:

The day before starting the program Today

• Is there any progress?
  • Am I packing up too much body fat instead of muscle?

I gained 3.5 kg of weight and 2.2 cm of abdominal perimeter (which are roughly 8 pounds and 1 inch).

Gym is going great, I'm stronger than ever, but to be honest with you (and with myself i guess) I had been lazy with the diet, I'm not reaching my 2800calories per day or my programed protein intake.

So letme know what you think, bro.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott.

First month of bulking is DONE!!

Here are the before and after pictures:

The day before starting the program Today

• Is there any progress?
  • Am I packing up too much body fat instead of muscle?

I gained 3.5 kg of weight and 2.2 cm of abdominal perimeter (which are roughly 8 pounds and 1 inch).

Gym is going great, I'm stronger than ever, but to be honest with you (and with myself i guess) I had been lazy with the diet, I'm not reaching my 2800calories per day or my programed protein intake.

So letme know what you think, bro.

There is definitely a difference! The shoulders are looking rounder and wider.

If you're not getting the diet right, then that will have an impact on your results. Your training is only as effective as your diet - if the diet isn't good, then you aren't going to be maximizing your potential.

Obviously if you have been gaining weight, it's OK that you haven't been hitting 2800 calories. What calories have you been getting on average? And how much protein have you been getting, compared to what you SHOULD have been getting?

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott.

I've been paying closer attention to mi ACTUAL diet, it turns out I'm eating only around 2400 calories and 110 to 130 grams of proteins per day. I should be eating 2820 calories and 210 grams of proteins per day... Yet, i did gain weight.

Maybe is due to my sedentary lifestyle (1 - 2 hours at the gym is the single physical activity of my day). Should I incorporate some cardio every morning? maybe rope skipping, maybe swiming, meybe even the 12 weeks home edition shred challenge.

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

On a side note: I tried to post this from the cellphone app a couple of days ago... it wouldn't let me.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hi Scott.

I've been paying closer attention to mi ACTUAL diet, it turns out I'm eating only around 2400 calories and 110 to 130 grams of proteins per day. I should be eating 2820 calories and 210 grams of proteins per day... Yet, i did gain weight.

Maybe is due to my sedentary lifestyle (1 - 2 hours at the gym is the single physical activity of my day). Should I incorporate some cardio every morning? maybe rope skipping, maybe swiming, meybe even the 12 weeks home edition shred challenge.

Well if you add more cardio, it will allow you to eat more food, and it can help to keep the gains lean. If you are gaining weight on 2400 calories, that's OK though. I would still increase the protein. What are your carbs like at the moment? Fats?

When you tried to edit the post.. do you mean you couldn't find the 'EDIT' button? Or you couldn't select it? Or you could find it, but you simply couldn't add anything to the post.. ?

jfSR
jfSR g Juan Serpa
25 Post(s)
Posted

Well if you add more cardio, it will allow you to eat more food, and it can help to keep the gains lean. If you are gaining weight on 2400 calories, that's OK though. I would still increase the protein. What are your carbs like at the moment? Fats?

When you tried to edit the post.. do you mean you couldn't find the 'EDIT' button? Or you couldn't select it? Or you could find it, but you simply couldn't add anything to the post.. ?

I'm eating this calories:

• 260-270 carbs. (It should be 270).
  • 85-100 fats. (It should be 100).
  • 110-130 protins. (It should be 210)'
  • Around 2400 total. (2829).

When i tried to post from the app the "submit" button did not work.

«
Page 2 of 3 ▾
»
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .