Skip to main content

After Burn

That burn you get a few days after working out.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Joey_Lopez
Joey_Lopez g Jose Lopez
226 Post(s)
226 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Train for a sport Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Do you have a workout partner Braser?  Maybe you would benifit from FORCED REPS.  Seems like the volume is there in your workout.  For me, I don't get CRAZY sore until I do a workout where I am literally failing on my last 1 - 2 reps and have a partner help me slowly through them.

... screaming helps too lol

I really like this advice. I haven't felt sore in the gym in a while and that's when I know it’s time to lift HEAVY! I always have high volume in my routine but once i start losing that soreness, I know it's time to shock the muscles and lift till failure.

Like Scott says this is the best time to have a spotter because towards the end you should definitely be failing and yelling at the weight to get it up!

All the comments here are great advice. Good job everyone!

2 year #SHF athlete I love to train hard and help others when they want it.
mitrakmt
mitrakmt g Michael Mitrakos
9 Post(s)
9 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 1969
Posted

I've been working out for quite some time as well, and when i'm not getting sore from my workouts, I know it's time to switch up the routine, throw some new exercises in there, and even switch up the weight or throw in some drop sets or super sets!  The body is such an amazing mechanism and it adapts so well to everything we throw at it! So keep switching up the routines pretty often and I guarantee you'll not only be sore, but the progress and gains you'll make will surprise you! 

Keep working hard and smart!

Cheers,

Mike

Super Hermanite
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .