«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Hamm3r
Hamm3r g Miroslav Krbec
13 Post(s)
13 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: December 12, 2014
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Sounds super scary..glad you have made it through all that!!

Definitely stick to some slow tempo lifting then if you want to maximise it any way you can. But if you ever feel like you get to the point where you might be doing more damage than good to yourself..then just stop. No point risking your ability to see the world just for lifting weights right :)

Will do some slo-mo.in rel time, sounds good :-)

The rubber band seems perfect for the cause, as its backpull pulls different way than gravity(well, depends on the setup), which is an advantage for buildimg some mass, I suppose? (Well, I know its not exactly the case here, as I will be building more of condition than mass)

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Hamm3r

Will do some slo-mo.in rel time, sounds good :-)

The rubber band seems perfect for the cause, as its backpull pulls different way than gravity(well, depends on the setup), which is an advantage for buildimg some mass, I suppose? (Well, I know its not exactly the case here, as I will be building more of condition than mass)

Bands are great for creating more resistance on most negative portions of exercises, so in your situation they will be great additions to make your training more stimulating, and to help breakdown the muscle :-)

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Hamm3r
Hamm3r g Miroslav Krbec
13 Post(s)
Posted

Hey again everyone,

After receiving the word from my doctor, after being picture perfect patient for over two years, I´m officially back, bay-bee!

After getting my health sorted out (was given like 20 intravitreal injections and stuff), I am again able to start lifting heavier :) I had some hard times finishing my bachelor degree (IT, spent over 800 hrs on my thesis :D), but now I have every doctors vote to start lifting heavier again (again some of my never give up sob story :D ) :)
I started to work out 3 times a week(legs+core, back(+rear delts)+biceps+forearms+core, chest+triceps+shoulders) with weekend MMA sessions (made a punchbag for my garden and repaired old thrown-out punch dummy) and every morning I go for a run (or try to anyway) with my dog. I got to 83 kgs (around 180 lbs) and my diet is all over the place (more like I eat everything I come upon what fits in my mealplan or is protein-ish :D ) getting my back to work (quite literally, because of all the being glued to pc - leraning, coding and all that) repairing and workig on shoulder-arm-back positioning, my lower back was also too much forward, leaning my upper back backward too much and tilting my neck and head forward (worst case, I´ll get a bamboo stick, but I think I am doing good for now :D ).

I still mainly focus on resistance band excercises for every muscle group (or add extra resistance to iron-lift-excercises), which works quite well.

For my back-biceps-core day I do burn out rounds:

DB row - DB rear delt raise - DB hammer curl - DB shrug (15-12-10) 3x

BB EZ crazy 6/12 curl - EZ overhand crazy 6 curl 3x

pullup - band shrug - behind neck band shrug - sitting lat pull (15-12-10) 3x

biceps pullup - minute to go down (biceps burnout)

situp burnout - upper abs crunch (levered butt+weight) - hanging leg raises (20-15-10) 4x

bicycle / landmine / russian twist 2x

As my chest-triceps goes
medicinball throw (20lbs) 1 min

overhead triceps ext 4x12

triceps rope pulldown (underhand grip - triceps grip) 3x10+10

one arm chest crossover 4+4x12

diamond pushup burnout 2x

medicinball pushup combos - 2x TF

shoulder raises 1 + 1/2 4x8

bb benchpress + db benchpress burnout 3x (raising wght)

and legs

squat with wght jacket: wide stance - shoulder width stance - legs together stance 3x 10+10+10

medicinball stance squat 4x 10

crunches, leg raise, toe touch (with leg raise)wood chopper 4x 15-15-15-15
wght lunge jumps (focusing on exploding up and slowly down with powerbag on my back) 5x 8

front squat 3x 10

squat (raise set) 4x10-8-6-5

box jumps (80cm, 0.5-1.5m away) TF

And some illustration - the gains are starting to build up :)

P.S. Are there any other excercises for releasing spine pressure? I find myself in need for hang-bar to crack it (and release that tasty tasty dopamine) every now and then, and even though I keep trying to have a perfect stance, sitting through most of the day gets quite painful. I do some stretches (raising hands while lying on belly, doing some mobility excercises and stretches for shoulders), but my spine around the lower trap muscle keeps reminding me of itself time after time...

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey again everyone,

After receiving the word from my doctor, after being picture perfect patient for over two years, I´m officially back, bay-bee!

After getting my health sorted out (was given like 20 intravitreal injections and stuff), I am again able to start lifting heavier :) I had some hard times finishing my bachelor degree (IT, spent over 800 hrs on my thesis :D), but now I have every doctors vote to start lifting heavier again (again some of my never give up sob story :D ) :)
I started to work out 3 times a week(legs+core, back(+rear delts)+biceps+forearms+core, chest+triceps+shoulders) with weekend MMA sessions (made a punchbag for my garden and repaired old thrown-out punch dummy) and every morning I go for a run (or try to anyway) with my dog. I got to 83 kgs (around 180 lbs) and my diet is all over the place (more like I eat everything I come upon what fits in my mealplan or is protein-ish :D ) getting my back to work (quite literally, because of all the being glued to pc - leraning, coding and all that) repairing and workig on shoulder-arm-back positioning, my lower back was also too much forward, leaning my upper back backward too much and tilting my neck and head forward (worst case, I´ll get a bamboo stick, but I think I am doing good for now :D ).

I still mainly focus on resistance band excercises for every muscle group (or add extra resistance to iron-lift-excercises), which works quite well.

For my back-biceps-core day I do burn out rounds:

DB row - DB rear delt raise - DB hammer curl - DB shrug (15-12-10) 3x

BB EZ crazy 6/12 curl - EZ overhand crazy 6 curl 3x

pullup - band shrug - behind neck band shrug - sitting lat pull (15-12-10) 3x

biceps pullup - minute to go down (biceps burnout)

situp burnout - upper abs crunch (levered butt+weight) - hanging leg raises (20-15-10) 4x

bicycle / landmine / russian twist 2x

As my chest-triceps goes
medicinball throw (20lbs) 1 min

overhead triceps ext 4x12

triceps rope pulldown (underhand grip - triceps grip) 3x10+10

one arm chest crossover 4+4x12

diamond pushup burnout 2x

medicinball pushup combos - 2x TF

shoulder raises 1 + 1/2 4x8

bb benchpress + db benchpress burnout 3x (raising wght)

and legs

squat with wght jacket: wide stance - shoulder width stance - legs together stance 3x 10+10+10

medicinball stance squat 4x 10

crunches, leg raise, toe touch (with leg raise)wood chopper 4x 15-15-15-15
wght lunge jumps (focusing on exploding up and slowly down with powerbag on my back) 5x 8

front squat 3x 10

squat (raise set) 4x10-8-6-5

box jumps (80cm, 0.5-1.5m away) TF

And some illustration - the gains are starting to build up :)

P.S. Are there any other excercises for releasing spine pressure? I find myself in need for hang-bar to crack it (and release that tasty tasty dopamine) every now and then, and even though I keep trying to have a perfect stance, sitting through most of the day gets quite painful. I do some stretches (raising hands while lying on belly, doing some mobility excercises and stretches for shoulders), but my spine around the lower trap muscle keeps reminding me of itself time after time...

Welcome back again @Hamm3r!! So awesome you have been given the all clear to start training hardcore again!!

Congrats on finishing your degree too, you put a lot of hours into it and it all paid off!

Looks like you have maintained a good amount of size man! Maybe not as lean as you were, but still looking solid! The training looks intense too - been seeing good results now that you are back into it?

For your spine issue, maybe you could do this movement if it's just below your traps that is bothering you.

Hamm3r
Hamm3r g Miroslav Krbec
13 Post(s)
Posted

Thanks a lot for everything, @Scott_Herman !

I totally overlooked the mid and lower trap area, aside from doing some overhead pulls from time to time (yeah, I have some memory issues as well :D ). The video looks super-helpful, really apprecieate it! Anyways what you described in it pretty much sums up my trouble(I started fixind my shoulders by keeping them open, wide and pushing them back with outward hand rotation, positioning the thumb forwards), as far as my mid-upper back goes. For my neck and lower back I gotta keep that propper posture 24/7 (that I just cant "sit" my upper back on the lower, pushing the lower forward and the upper backwards - so I keep my core a bit more active and every now and then punch my head backwards - but I guess thats about all I can do, right?)

I indeed maintained my weight +/-, which kinda surprises me, with my over-meta(l)bolism. But I guess muscle is not that easily lost and I definitely gained some bodyfat, which, as a diabethic, is not entirely a bad thing.

I am doing this routine (well, I often change it up a bit) for 3 weeks now, and already seeing some nice results :) My arms were shrunk AH and so on.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Thanks a lot for everything, @Scott_Herman !

I totally overlooked the mid and lower trap area, aside from doing some overhead pulls from time to time (yeah, I have some memory issues as well :D ). The video looks super-helpful, really apprecieate it! Anyways what you described in it pretty much sums up my trouble(I started fixind my shoulders by keeping them open, wide and pushing them back with outward hand rotation, positioning the thumb forwards), as far as my mid-upper back goes. For my neck and lower back I gotta keep that propper posture 24/7 (that I just cant "sit" my upper back on the lower, pushing the lower forward and the upper backwards - so I keep my core a bit more active and every now and then punch my head backwards - but I guess thats about all I can do, right?)

I indeed maintained my weight +/-, which kinda surprises me, with my over-meta(l)bolism. But I guess muscle is not that easily lost and I definitely gained some bodyfat, which, as a diabethic, is not entirely a bad thing.

I am doing this routine (well, I often change it up a bit) for 3 weeks now, and already seeing some nice results :) My arms were shrunk AH and so on.

@Hamm3r Glad the video was helpful!

For what you're doing with your posture.. it sounds right, it sounds like if anything you might have a little bit of Anterior Pelvic Tilt (APT) if you are talking about bringing your lower back forwards and upper back backwards. So I'll link you to another video for that, and then it also might be about getting better core control throughout the day to improve your posture as well, so there's a video I have on that too!

If you're seeing nice results with your training, stick with it!

Hamm3r
Hamm3r g Miroslav Krbec
13 Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman
Thanks mate, You awesome person just piled up like another 60% to stretches and excercises and stuff I was doing so far! I guess the APT started to sink in a bit, since i transitioned from the gym nerd always active úhysically to the IT researcher :D Seems like its being caught early though :)
So far I was doing just the no-gap flat back lying down and some stretches, stuff like using hanging bar to loosen the tightened mid and lower back (I guess with that comes the over-extended not active front-core muscle). Thanks again, those other videos came as a saving grace for my back (well, maybe -self)! :) The workouts seem to do good, so I am definitely sticking to those, just will pay more attention to the core and posture throughout the day (I heard about a method of safe sitting at desk, which has a person put a tennisball around the mid-traps and holding it like that against the chair-rest, which seems to be doing some fantastic work).

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman
Thanks mate, You awesome person just piled up like another 60% to stretches and excercises and stuff I was doing so far! I guess the APT started to sink in a bit, since i transitioned from the gym nerd always active úhysically to the IT researcher :D Seems like its being caught early though :)
So far I was doing just the no-gap flat back lying down and some stretches, stuff like using hanging bar to loosen the tightened mid and lower back (I guess with that comes the over-extended not active front-core muscle). Thanks again, those other videos came as a saving grace for my back (well, maybe -self)! :) The workouts seem to do good, so I am definitely sticking to those, just will pay more attention to the core and posture throughout the day (I heard about a method of safe sitting at desk, which has a person put a tennisball around the mid-traps and holding it like that against the chair-rest, which seems to be doing some fantastic work).

@Hamm3r Happy to help my friend! A strong core definitely plays a big part in having good posture, so along with thinking about keeping your core tight all day, don't forget to train it hard too!

That tennis ball method sounds good! That's one way to make sure you are sitting upright at your chair 😁 Your posture will be perfect in no time!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .