«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

Your lucky Scott.  I first hurt my rotator cuff when I was 32 and it took about 6 weeks to fully recover.  I hurt them again last year (age 48) and they took 10 months to fully recover.......:O   Getting old sucks.......:-)

Oh man, I have been recoverying for what seems to be like a month.. I hope I am on that 6 week road! :/

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
jmboiardi
jmboiardi p John M Boiardi
2.6K Post(s)
2.6K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: October 10, 2013
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Oh man, I have been recoverying for what seems to be like a month.. I hope I am on that 6 week road! :/

You will.  I say 8 weeks max :-).   You can also try drinking some cherry juice to help ease the inflammation and pain. 

John

34 years of lifting and nutritional experience and resident "old man" :-) MS Athlete and past Super Hermanite since 2013.
Majestic_Beast
Majestic_Beast g Valentin Tuka
22 Post(s)
22 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted
Posted By: jmboiardi

Valentin,

You do want to do some exercises to strengthen your quads (front of leg) and hams (back of leg) as this will stabilize and strengthen your knees.  You can try squating but you must use a weight that does not cause pain and you must do them in a slow and controlled manner.  With knee pain, or any joint pain, you must stop doing an exercise and/or lower the weight if the movement causes you any pain.  It is also important to stretch before and after you lift to help loosen up the joint.  Gradually the joint and its surrounding muscles will become stronger and you will be able to lift more weight and do more exercises.  You just need to be patient and stick to it - and remember to listen to your body.......pain is your body telling you to stop :-)

Your English is fine.........it is not easy to learn or write :-)

I hope that helps and good luck,

John

i was doing bodyweight exercises but the progress is slow so i needed some advice for the gym

thank you :D

sori for mei bed inglish
Jwal2k8
Jwal2k8 g Justin Walker
72 Post(s)
72 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: November 11, 2013
Posted

Coming from someone who's had rotator cuff surgery, it sucks. But strengthening the muscles around it has done wonders. I used to not even be able to use a barbell bench cause it hurt too much. But after doing months of rehabilitaion excersices, I started working my bench again. Now I'm up to 285 lbs and should be hittin 300 at the end of the month. You can get all the rehab excersices offline and don't forget to stretch!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Jwal2k8

Coming from someone who's had rotator cuff surgery, it sucks. But strengthening the muscles around it has done wonders. I used to not even be able to use a barbell bench cause it hurt too much. But after doing months of rehabilitaion excersices, I started working my bench again. Now I'm up to 285 lbs and should be hittin 300 at the end of the month. You can get all the rehab excersices offline and don't forget to stretch!

Yeah man, its so important to train the muscles around your joints and when you get injured it takes time to get your stabilizers strong agian.  I am going through that right now with my right shoulder.  It is 100% better, but definitely a bit weaker.  But not for long!!!!

Comicalbasil
Comicalbasil g Josh Arnold
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2017
Posted
I had an left anterior dislocated shoulder and here it is a year later and it is still getting in the way of my shoulder exercises ( dislocated for ab I UT 4 hours) any advice
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Comicalbasil
I had an left anterior dislocated shoulder and here it is a year later and it is still getting in the way of my shoulder exercises ( dislocated for ab I UT 4 hours) any advice

Alright you managed to post! :-D

What sort of rehab did you do after dislocation? Was surgery mentioned at all? Did you go to a sports massage therapist to dig around in there? And what kind of warm ups do you do before your workouts? Ones like I demonstrate in the video below?

Comicalbasil
Comicalbasil g Josh Arnold
2 Post(s)
2 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: September 9, 2017
Posted
no surgery none of that I just been doing like warm ups that I seen on YouTube not to sure of what to do just been not working them to hard but it really starting to damper my progress
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Comicalbasil
no surgery none of that I just been doing like warm ups that I seen on YouTube not to sure of what to do just been not working them to hard but it really starting to damper my progress

If it's really that bad you should see a massage therapist - they can help A LOT. And you can use the warm-ups in the video I posted above before every workout and hopefully that will help keep things loose 😊 

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .