«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: xarnoldasx

Great! I am also wondering how much sodium/potassium should I be aiming for? I was reading about sodium and I think i might'nt be getting enough of it.

@xarnoldasx With potassium, I think even just having something like a banana would get you close to what you need for potassium (along with it probably being in a handful of other foods you're eating).

For sodium, did you see my video about it?

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
xarnoldasx
xarnoldasx g Arnold Arlauskas
95 Post(s)
95 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: October 10, 2017
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

@xarnoldasx With potassium, I think even just having something like a banana would get you close to what you need for potassium (along with it probably being in a handful of other foods you're eating).

For sodium, did you see my video about it?

Just watched the video and i'm definitely gonna up my salt intake and add 1 teaspoon of salt during my workouts, Thanks ! Also what do you think personally on sugar intake and saturated fat intake? I don't track it that much but I try to minimise saturated fat and usually get below 30 grams.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Just watched the video and i'm definitely gonna up my salt intake and add 1 teaspoon of salt during my workouts, Thanks ! Also what do you think personally on sugar intake and saturated fat intake? I don't track it that much but I try to minimise saturated fat and usually get below 30 grams.

@xarnoldasx If you're eating 'clean' foods most of the time (e.g. around 80% of your overall diet) then generally you won't need to worry about tracking your sugar or saturated fat intake, because they should be where they need to be if not lower.

Saturated fat should make-up about 7% - 10% of your overall calories. If you're eating 3000 calories, that would be around that 30g mark.

And a good general rule of thumb for your sugar intake is about 10% - 15% of your overall calories.

But again, if you're eating mostly natural, unprocessed foods, then you shouldn't need to worry about it too much.

xarnoldasx
95 Post(s)
Posted

Sounds good. Thanks.

I know i'm always asking a lot but I love intaking as much knowledge as possible.

I'm gonna be cutting soon.

Right now i'm eating 3700 calories and that's a 40/30/30 protein carb fat ratio.

My TDEE is 3000-3100 so I was thinking for the cut I would go down to 2500 calories and include a little bit of cardio while still doing my full body program.

Is this a good idea? and what do you think about the ratio? is 40/30/30 still ok for cutting.

Also what do you think of low carb days? I don't know If I should try it.

I love my carbs so having none some days might'nt be the greatest idea for me.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Sounds good. Thanks.

I know i'm always asking a lot but I love intaking as much knowledge as possible.

I'm gonna be cutting soon.

Right now i'm eating 3700 calories and that's a 40/30/30 protein carb fat ratio.

My TDEE is 3000-3100 so I was thinking for the cut I would go down to 2500 calories and include a little bit of cardio while still doing my full body program.

Is this a good idea? and what do you think about the ratio? is 40/30/30 still ok for cutting.

Also what do you think of low carb days? I don't know If I should try it.

I love my carbs so having none some days might'nt be the greatest idea for me.

@xarnoldasx When you start cutting, I would actually start at around 3000 calories just to check if you can lose weight there. Then move down to more like 2700 calories. That should have you in a 300 - 400 deficit which should be more than enough to start a cut.

Your ratios seem OK. It's about what works for you. If you can lose weight and still have relatively high carbs, that's great! But some people need to lower the carbs a lot depending on how their body deals with them. If you're cutting but don't seem to be noticing much fat loss and your carbs are still around 250g - 300g, then you could try cutting them back to more like 150g - 200g.

xarnoldasx
95 Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

@xarnoldasx When you start cutting, I would actually start at around 3000 calories just to check if you can lose weight there. Then move down to more like 2700 calories. That should have you in a 300 - 400 deficit which should be more than enough to start a cut.

Your ratios seem OK. It's about what works for you. If you can lose weight and still have relatively high carbs, that's great! But some people need to lower the carbs a lot depending on how their body deals with them. If you're cutting but don't seem to be noticing much fat loss and your carbs are still around 250g - 300g, then you could try cutting them back to more like 150g - 200g.

Appreciate the information Scott. Will post before and after photos after my cut!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Appreciate the information Scott. Will post before and after photos after my cut!

@xarnoldasx Happy to help man! Looking forward to seeing the changes in your physique!

xarnoldasx
95 Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman Natty Gains Only💪 ðŸ’ª 

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

@Scott_Herman Natty Gains Only💪 ðŸ’ª 

Damn right!!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .