«
Page 5 of 5 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Tmcclone9119

So has the full body workouts been the best split you ever done. When are you going to start an upper lower split. I feel like thats one of the best splits im curious to see what u think of it.

@Tmcclone9119 It's one of the best I've done. I've tried a lot of different things so it's hard to pin down one as the absolute best, but full body training definitely had me feeling thicker and fuller that I had ever been!

I might do an upper / lower split next!

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Tmcclone9119
Tmcclone9119 g Timmothy Mcclone
40 Post(s)
40 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

When it comes to working the upper body id like to put 2 chest exercises 2 back exercises 1 shoulder one bicep and 1 tricep and if there is some time ill throw in shrugs or flyes. If i do 2 compound chest exercises like barbell bench and incline press would it be best to throw in shoulder flies and rear delt flyes for shoulders and if i just have one compound movement like barbell bench and one isolation exercise like cable flies would it be best to do dumbell or barbell shoulder press. When it comes to one arm row exercise is it that exercise more for thickness or width since it hits the lats. Is there any other advice i need for a wider back.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

When it comes to working the upper body id like to put 2 chest exercises 2 back exercises 1 shoulder one bicep and 1 tricep and if there is some time ill throw in shrugs or flyes. If i do 2 compound chest exercises like barbell bench and incline press would it be best to throw in shoulder flies and rear delt flyes for shoulders and if i just have one compound movement like barbell bench and one isolation exercise like cable flies would it be best to do dumbell or barbell shoulder press. When it comes to one arm row exercise is it that exercise more for thickness or width since it hits the lats. Is there any other advice i need for a wider back.

@Tmcclone9119 If you are only choosing one shoulder exercise, I would try to make it a press. If you are training shoulders multiple days during the week, then one day can be a press and the other day can maybe be a rear delt fly or lateral raise.

Your pull-ups and pulldowns are going to be best for building your lats and getting more width, but also pendlay rows and barbell bent-over rows with an underhand grip. Single-arm dumbbell rows will be good for the lats too but it possibly won't hit the lats as hard as those other movements.

Tmcclone9119
Tmcclone9119 g Timmothy Mcclone
40 Post(s)
40 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: June 6, 2018
Posted

Hey im trying to take some time off from the gym for the sake of getting a break. Is 7 to 10 days good enough with out losing strength

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Hey im trying to take some time off from the gym for the sake of getting a break. Is 7 to 10 days good enough with out losing strength

@Tmcclone9119 Yes, taking a week off can be good sometimes. You might notice slight strength losses when you get back to the gym, but that's normal and should come back really quickly if you're only taking 7 days off to recover (and if you're still eating well to maintain).

«
Page 5 of 5 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .