Skip to main content

Is my diet correct?

I am trying to get a body i never had before, but i think i am doing it all wrong???

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Chrisalta94

Thank you that actually means a lot! So i look around 20% bf? Maybe i did it wrong or something.

Sorry about the confusion, i have been on and off with working out, this year i have been taking it way more serious, trying to follow your 12 week plan as much as possible and also meal prepping each week.

Before around march i was in a bulk and i actually did see way better reaults in a surplus. I took my bf% and it was at 17 at the time. So maybe i should go back into one? The only problem i had eas with my belly fat. Thanks for taking the time out to help me!

@Chrisalta94 From a rough guesstimation, that's where I would put you. And those scales (if that's what you're using to measure bf%) are usually off by around 2-3%. You might not be super lean or shredded, but you don't look overweight either.

OK if you've been on and off with working out for a while, then most of your newbie gains might be gone, meaning that if you want to lose weight, you'll need to be in a deficit, and if you want to gain muscle, you'll have to be in a surplus. It's going to be harder to do both at the same time.

Right now, at 20% bf, I would say try to cut back to at least 15%. Generally you will have an easier time building muscle when you are leaner, because your testosterone levels tend to be higher. It would just be a matter of keeping your gains lean once you are bulking again, to ideally stay below 20% bf while making gains.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Chrisalta94
Chrisalta94 g Christopher Altamirano
23 Post(s)
23 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2018
Posted

I use calipers to calculate my body fat.

And what would my macros look like then? I did the calculations on your calculator and it says i need to eat 2600 cals. To loose fat.

Prot:210

fat:49

carbs:347

bmr at rest is 1882

Bmr in motion is 2917

this is at moderate exercise.

I am 5’10 at about 175 pounds.

not sure those are correct to loose fat. But maybe you can tell me. I am about to be on the second month of your program, shouls i keep doing that or just reatarts till i get to 15% body fat then go into a surplus when i reach the second month again???

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I use calipers to calculate my body fat.

And what would my macros look like then? I did the calculations on your calculator and it says i need to eat 2600 cals. To loose fat.

Prot:210

fat:49

carbs:347

bmr at rest is 1882

Bmr in motion is 2917

this is at moderate exercise.

I am 5’10 at about 175 pounds.

not sure those are correct to loose fat. But maybe you can tell me. I am about to be on the second month of your program, shouls i keep doing that or just reatarts till i get to 15% body fat then go into a surplus when i reach the second month again???

@Chrisalta94 The protein looks good - aim for at least 1.2g - 1.5g protein per pound of lean body weight. If 210g has you in that range, then great!

Just swap out some carbs and replace them with fat. I would say keep carbs to 150g-200g daily for a good cut, personally. But it depends how you deal with carbs. Probably try not to go much, or any higher than 250g while cutting. Maybe try...

Protein: 210g (840 Calories)

Carbs: 220g (880 Calories)

Fat: 100g (900 Calories)

Total Calories = 2620

That should put you in about a 300 calorie deficit, and it gives you room to lower the carbs a bit furhter if you need to.

You can keep doing the program as you are now while cutting!

Chrisalta94
23 Post(s)
Posted

Would that not be around my matenince? Before we discussed that my matenince should be around 2500-2600 cals.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Would that not be around my matenince? Before we discussed that my matenince should be around 2500-2600 cals.

@Chrisalta94 Well from the calculations you did, you said in your previous post that 2600 calories was what you needed to lose fat? Which makes sense if your BMR in motion is 2900 (therefore you burn about 2900 calories on days you workout, so on days you workout you would need 2600 to be in a deficit).

Does that make sense? At the end of the day if it turns out that IS maintenance for you, then you can always drop it a little lower. But it's always good to start a cut with your calories as high as possible, so you have plenty of room to move.

Chrisalta94
23 Post(s)
Posted

Ok, ill try it out and ill update soon! thank you.

Chrisalta94
23 Post(s)
Posted
  1. How is this looking? I cant really seem to get my calories really up there. But i decided to kep my carbs between 150-200.
Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
  1. How is this looking? I cant really seem to get my calories really up there. But i decided to kep my carbs between 150-200.

@Chrisalta94 This looks fine. You're not quite at 2600 calories, but you're not far off. Being 30 - 50 calories off of your goal number isn't a terrible thing. If you were 100-200 off, then you would want to make some changes.

But this should be fine. If you wanted to round it out to 2600 calories, just have a few extra almonds, a little bit more yoghurt, or a little bit more chicken. A little extra of what you're already having.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .