Skip to main content

Superhero Music

Need more titles to add to my EPIC playlist

theliftinglibrarian
theliftinglibrarian g Michelle Spencer
18 Post(s)
18 Post(s) Gender: Female Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted

Superhero soundtracks are my favorite thing to listen to while I'm lifting. Hard not to get psyched up and in the mood to move some heavy weight when I have my favorite badass superheros on my mind. Gotta keep lifting if I want my muscles to achieve superhero greatness, am I right?

I'm trying to put together a playlist I can throw on Spotify while I lift, and I already have something from pretty much every Marvel movie. I also don't limit it to superheros or musical scores, as long as it's geeky.

For example, Darth Vader isn't a superhero, but if you don't feel like the coolest person ever while ripping deadlifts off the floor to the Imperial March, especially Epica's hybrid heavy metal/orchestra version of it, then I just don't know what to do with you. And also, Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" isn't musical score, but thanks to Thor: Ragnarok, it now makes a great lifting song.

So what music from geeky sources do you guys enjoy? It doesn't even have to be music you lift to. But I will gladly listen to all your suggestions and add the ones I like to my playlist so I can hopefully avoid going down the rabbit hole of Spotify's suggested tracks (which usually aren't that great).

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: theliftinglibrarian

Superhero soundtracks are my favorite thing to listen to while I'm lifting. Hard not to get psyched up and in the mood to move some heavy weight when I have my favorite badass superheros on my mind. Gotta keep lifting if I want my muscles to achieve superhero greatness, am I right?

I'm trying to put together a playlist I can throw on Spotify while I lift, and I already have something from pretty much every Marvel movie. I also don't limit it to superheros or musical scores, as long as it's geeky.

For example, Darth Vader isn't a superhero, but if you don't feel like the coolest person ever while ripping deadlifts off the floor to the Imperial March, especially Epica's hybrid heavy metal/orchestra version of it, then I just don't know what to do with you. And also, Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" isn't musical score, but thanks to Thor: Ragnarok, it now makes a great lifting song.

So what music from geeky sources do you guys enjoy? It doesn't even have to be music you lift to. But I will gladly listen to all your suggestions and add the ones I like to my playlist so I can hopefully avoid going down the rabbit hole of Spotify's suggested tracks (which usually aren't that great).

Not so much music from movies for me, but I love listening to or watching Dragon Ball Z videos with music added to them before I go and lift. If I ever need some motivation, that gives me just the kick I need, so hardcore!!

Plus just being able to wear my DBZ tops or my superhero tops in the gym.. then whenever I look in the mirror I get inspired by who I'm represnting that day.. helps me train just as hard as they would 😎 

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
theliftinglibrarian
18 Post(s)
Posted

Somehow knew that’s what you would recommend! I have never seen a single DBZ episode, but if it gets me pumped for a workout, I don’t care how familiar/unfamiliar I happen to be with it.

What about video games? I’ve got some Skyrim on my list. Dragonborne Theme super pumps me up.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Somehow knew that’s what you would recommend! I have never seen a single DBZ episode, but if it gets me pumped for a workout, I don’t care how familiar/unfamiliar I happen to be with it.

What about video games? I’ve got some Skyrim on my list. Dragonborne Theme super pumps me up.

I'm not sure video game music gets me pumped really haha. Maybe if I found something with more hype to an original game theme.. do you have some links to good ones?

theliftinglibrarian
18 Post(s)
Posted

Haha, that’s all right. I’ve long ago embraced my identity as the weird kid who gets more pumped from brass and strings than guitars and bass. 😂 It’s all good. I’ll just keep jamming to my awesome superhero/Star Wars/otherwise nerdy tunes.

I’ve never played the game but Battlefield Hardline has a pretty awesome theme. Got me through some heavy shrugs today. RichaadEB’s channel has some pretty cool metal covers of VG music. I particularly like his stuff from Dark Souls.

I’ve even heard some metal covers of some LoZ music, but they were . . . weird, haha, better for a chuckle than a pump.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Haha, that’s all right. I’ve long ago embraced my identity as the weird kid who gets more pumped from brass and strings than guitars and bass. 😂 It’s all good. I’ll just keep jamming to my awesome superhero/Star Wars/otherwise nerdy tunes.

I’ve never played the game but Battlefield Hardline has a pretty awesome theme. Got me through some heavy shrugs today. RichaadEB’s channel has some pretty cool metal covers of VG music. I particularly like his stuff from Dark Souls.

I’ve even heard some metal covers of some LoZ music, but they were . . . weird, haha, better for a chuckle than a pump.

@theliftinglibrarian Haha yeah definitely keep using it as your pump up music, I don't think it's weird at all!

Those are some pretty cool tunes as well, I can see those being awesome for motivation to crush your workouts.

Someone sent me a link to this the other day...

theliftinglibrarian
18 Post(s)
Posted

Nice!! I love it. That’s actually the same musician who did some metal LoZ covers. Had to go find Saria’s Song and share it (it gets super interesting about 30 seconds in).

Not what I reach for when I need pumped up, but entertaining nonetheless. 😂

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Nice!! I love it. That’s actually the same musician who did some metal LoZ covers. Had to go find Saria’s Song and share it (it gets super interesting about 30 seconds in).

Not what I reach for when I need pumped up, but entertaining nonetheless. 😂

@theliftinglibrarian Hahaha so awesome! I might have to go through that channel to find more 😁 

Nightwing83
Nightwing83 g Frank Addiego
1 Post(s)
1 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Lose Fat Date Joined: March 3, 2019
Posted

John Williams' "Superman: the Movie" theme is the most iconic superhero theme. Good for doing clears, overhead presses, jumps and anything else Superman-esque. But if you want to meditate, I suggest "Fortress of Solitude," from the same soundtrack album.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted
Posted By: Nightwing83

John Williams' "Superman: the Movie" theme is the most iconic superhero theme. Good for doing clears, overhead presses, jumps and anything else Superman-esque. But if you want to meditate, I suggest "Fortress of Solitude," from the same soundtrack album.

@Nightwing83 Right on! Anything Superman related has got to be good right?! Haha

muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .