Skip to main content
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
faist89
faist89 g Zachary Faist
19 Post(s)
19 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: May 5, 2018
Posted

Yes sir and I do my best to integrate them into my workouts but they tend to slip my mind..working on it. Though overall through PPL Im seeing an overall better posture. Seeing good gains. My GF is kind tired of me asking her to touch my legs XD

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: faist89

Yes sir and I do my best to integrate them into my workouts but they tend to slip my mind..working on it. Though overall through PPL Im seeing an overall better posture. Seeing good gains. My GF is kind tired of me asking her to touch my legs XD

That's great! Training in general can help you to improve posture. Remember that you don't have to do those exercises around your workouts though, you can do them morning and night.

Showing off the gains haha, nothing wrong with that 😎 

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
faist89
faist89 g Zachary Faist
19 Post(s)
Posted

Confidence is key right? This is my last day of the first month of PPL. Noticing a little change in my chest as far as body fat. My arms have grown about half an inch and I can feel that in how my T shirts are fitting. I've always had great success with my shoulders coming in fast. IDK why but they alwways did. Feeling muscles popping out all over that I didn't know were there :P Definitely motivated to keep up on the program into the next months.

I know my meal plan still needs some tuning but Im on vacation this week so Ill really have some time to dig in and right some things down and do all the math. But just cutting out all junk foods, sodas, candy etc has me feeling 100% better. I have always had shoulder pain since my early days in the Army but with this steadyregiment of working out and stretching Im feeling almost no pain unless I sleep really wrong.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Confidence is key right? This is my last day of the first month of PPL. Noticing a little change in my chest as far as body fat. My arms have grown about half an inch and I can feel that in how my T shirts are fitting. I've always had great success with my shoulders coming in fast. IDK why but they alwways did. Feeling muscles popping out all over that I didn't know were there :P Definitely motivated to keep up on the program into the next months.

I know my meal plan still needs some tuning but Im on vacation this week so Ill really have some time to dig in and right some things down and do all the math. But just cutting out all junk foods, sodas, candy etc has me feeling 100% better. I have always had shoulder pain since my early days in the Army but with this steadyregiment of working out and stretching Im feeling almost no pain unless I sleep really wrong.

That's right! It's great when you start to notice all those changes for yourself, because that's what can keep you motivated as well, seeing and feeling those improvements in the gym, in the mirror and in yourself.

The @mealplan is super important so yeah, take some time to dial it in. Have I sent you the video for shoulder warm-ups?

faist89
faist89 g Zachary Faist
19 Post(s)
Posted

I dont think so. I haven't come across it either. I've always had shoulder pain and I tend to sleep on my stomach with my arms up so sometimes Ill wake up stiff as hell. My work also keep me standing for about 3+ hours at a stretch with very small shoulder movements back and forth so I tend to be very tight. Defintely feeling better since workout out steadily but Im always down to learn some new stretches.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

I dont think so. I haven't come across it either. I've always had shoulder pain and I tend to sleep on my stomach with my arms up so sometimes Ill wake up stiff as hell. My work also keep me standing for about 3+ hours at a stretch with very small shoulder movements back and forth so I tend to be very tight. Defintely feeling better since workout out steadily but Im always down to learn some new stretches.

OK. Try doing these every day before you workout (including before leg workouts). It will help you loosen up a lot!

faist89
faist89 g Zachary Faist
19 Post(s)
Posted

The shoulder warmups really helped with some pain but I there is definitely an underlying issue I'll have to get looked at.

My Biceps are looking good from the side but I have seen no real change in the width. And having very long arms this is disheartening as my arms already appear thin when Im just in a relaxed position with my arms down lol.

Any receommendations on a few exercises I can tack on to my Pull days to help out?

AlphaDestiny
AlphaDestiny p Alexander Leonidas
101 Post(s)
101 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2017
Posted

Hey faist89,

I would recommend focusing more on the brachialis. Do lots of hammer curls and keep focusing on gaining mass over time. Building muscle can be a slow process, but as you get stronger over the years your arms will naturally start to fill in. And worry not, once those long arms are full they will look absolutely incredible (many would say better than shorter arms).

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

The shoulder warmups really helped with some pain but I there is definitely an underlying issue I'll have to get looked at.

My Biceps are looking good from the side but I have seen no real change in the width. And having very long arms this is disheartening as my arms already appear thin when Im just in a relaxed position with my arms down lol.

Any receommendations on a few exercises I can tack on to my Pull days to help out?

Good advice already from Alex!

I have noticed my biceps really starting to fill out more with my Cheat & Recover training, just hitting the biceps with heavy weight and volume. But the exercise that I think has helped the most is incline dumbbell curls.

I would just say, try to get an exercise in there that is targeting more of the outer bicep head as well (something with a closer grip, because the incline DB curl will mostly hit your inner head as it's a wider grip movement). Maybe a close-grip preacher curl, or a cross-body hammer curl which would also hit that brachialis.

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .