«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Woodster
Woodster g Kyle Wurzel
29 Post(s)
29 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: November 11, 2017
Posted
Posted By: Scott_Herman

Well one reason is, like having more protein, if you have more fat in your diet, it means you don't need as many carbs, and we know carbs tend to be what cause fat gain/fat storage more easily. That's one positive.

Another positive, particularly for us males, is that fat plays an important role in testosterone production. Low amounts of fat in your diet can also mean low testosterone levels. Esepcially if you cut out saturated fat altogether - while loads of processed saturated fat isn't good, some saturated fats from things like coconut oil and red meat are great for making sure you optimize those testosterone levels.

If you're not bodybuilding, the plan would still stay the same for the most part - it does vary from person to person, but if you're not training, that's even more reason not to load up on carbs (for you, you probably still want them to function in your job if it's quite labor intensive, but fats can be used for energy too), and again makes it smart to go a bit higher on the fat intake.

Hope that all makes sense!

Yes it does, thanks!

It seems like this diet that I am planning / already started over the past few days is what humans were meant to eat all along; nuts, nut butters, berries, vegetables, protein powder with my protein nut milk, high quality cooking oils, and sweets like dark chocolate.

Am I missing any foods or am I correct in my assumption?

Woodster
Woodster g Kyle Wurzel
29 Post(s)
Posted

Well one reason is, like having more protein, if you have more fat in your diet, it means you don't need as many carbs, and we know carbs tend to be what cause fat gain/fat storage more easily. That's one positive.

Another positive, particularly for us males, is that fat plays an important role in testosterone production. Low amounts of fat in your diet can also mean low testosterone levels. Esepcially if you cut out saturated fat altogether - while loads of processed saturated fat isn't good, some saturated fats from things like coconut oil and red meat are great for making sure you optimize those testosterone levels.

If you're not bodybuilding, the plan would still stay the same for the most part - it does vary from person to person, but if you're not training, that's even more reason not to load up on carbs (for you, you probably still want them to function in your job if it's quite labor intensive, but fats can be used for energy too), and again makes it smart to go a bit higher on the fat intake.

Hope that all makes sense!

Pretty much since I became Vegan, and especially this past week, I have found myself binging on food at the end of the day; yes, I acknowledge that I am the one in control of my binging, there is nothing else to blame for this but my conscious choice to sit down and eat and eat and eat.

However, having dropped the satiating, high protein nutrition of meat.

And, starting a week ago, I have fasted by skipping meals here and there, and have dropped my carb intake considerably (no more chips, no more fruit, hardly any oats or grains, no more potatoes, etc.) in preference of eating more nuts and nut butters, and more vegetables.

As one would guess, since my body is completely not used to this it is craving the extra calories and quick burning energy like it used to have every single day. This is one of the factors which leads me to eating tons of nut butters, dark chocolate, and just now I scarfed down an apple into the wee hours of the night.

After tracking my macro intake for the past two weeks, I can attest that I am getting enough fat and calories (AT LEAST 2500 calories and at least 150g of fat every day). The problem is, that I still want more even after I eat my dinner.

A solution which I believe may help me transition is to (yes, I do remember what you recommended: eating spinach to curb your hunger) keep pre-cooked, very tasty vegetables in the fridge so that I can grab that and fill myself up without the excess calories which comes from all the nut butters which I consume.

Even still, it's not that I don't feel full. It's that I just want more food, no matter how full I feel.

Besides what has already been stated, would anything else be recommended to help me transition to eating less calories and eating less carboydrates? I am determined to achieve this. However, when ones brain is completely used to tons of calories and tons of carbs (which I used to eat) it is made more complicated.

Thank you!

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Woodster

Pretty much since I became Vegan, and especially this past week, I have found myself binging on food at the end of the day; yes, I acknowledge that I am the one in control of my binging, there is nothing else to blame for this but my conscious choice to sit down and eat and eat and eat.

However, having dropped the satiating, high protein nutrition of meat.

And, starting a week ago, I have fasted by skipping meals here and there, and have dropped my carb intake considerably (no more chips, no more fruit, hardly any oats or grains, no more potatoes, etc.) in preference of eating more nuts and nut butters, and more vegetables.

As one would guess, since my body is completely not used to this it is craving the extra calories and quick burning energy like it used to have every single day. This is one of the factors which leads me to eating tons of nut butters, dark chocolate, and just now I scarfed down an apple into the wee hours of the night.

After tracking my macro intake for the past two weeks, I can attest that I am getting enough fat and calories (AT LEAST 2500 calories and at least 150g of fat every day). The problem is, that I still want more even after I eat my dinner.

A solution which I believe may help me transition is to (yes, I do remember what you recommended: eating spinach to curb your hunger) keep pre-cooked, very tasty vegetables in the fridge so that I can grab that and fill myself up without the excess calories which comes from all the nut butters which I consume.

Even still, it's not that I don't feel full. It's that I just want more food, no matter how full I feel.

Besides what has already been stated, would anything else be recommended to help me transition to eating less calories and eating less carboydrates? I am determined to achieve this. However, when ones brain is completely used to tons of calories and tons of carbs (which I used to eat) it is made more complicated.

Thank you!

Well it's only been a week since you started the new eating regime. It can take some time to get accustomed to the smaller amount of food, but it should pass over time. The best suggestions, from my experience, are to make sure you are sipping on water throughout the day, because that can help fill up some gaps and give you the sense that you are getting 'fuller'.. it is after all giving you something to put in your stomach.

Chewing gum as well. Gives your mouth something to do and doesn't cost you any calories. I may have already suggested both of these things, along with spacing out your meals more, but apart from that, it's more a waiting game than anything else. The body will always be wanting more food when you first cut back. But like I said, you just need to give it more time to get used to the new eating regime.

Did you ever experience these feelings of not being full when you weren't cutting down? Because if you were, it could even be a thyroid problem.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Woodster
Woodster g Kyle Wurzel
29 Post(s)
Posted

Well it's only been a week since you started the new eating regime. It can take some time to get accustomed to the smaller amount of food, but it should pass over time. The best suggestions, from my experience, are to make sure you are sipping on water throughout the day, because that can help fill up some gaps and give you the sense that you are getting 'fuller'.. it is after all giving you something to put in your stomach.

Chewing gum as well. Gives your mouth something to do and doesn't cost you any calories. I may have already suggested both of these things, along with spacing out your meals more, but apart from that, it's more a waiting game than anything else. The body will always be wanting more food when you first cut back. But like I said, you just need to give it more time to get used to the new eating regime.

Did you ever experience these feelings of not being full when you weren't cutting down? Because if you were, it could even be a thyroid problem.

Yes you did suggest chewing gum - I forgot - something that I may try!

More water - try some gum - more mind over matter. Got it!

No. Before, I ate whatever I wanted but I actually stopped eating. Good consideration though!

Thank you for your response. I have learned a lot.

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Woodster

Yes you did suggest chewing gum - I forgot - something that I may try!

More water - try some gum - more mind over matter. Got it!

No. Before, I ate whatever I wanted but I actually stopped eating. Good consideration though!

Thank you for your response. I have learned a lot.

No problem! They will hopefully help! Unfortunately the main thing for not feeling full just comes down to your body adjusting.. but every little extra thing you can do like the water and gum will make a difference! Glad you are learning new things 😊 

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .