«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: Goku007

Hey guys so Scott suggested that the incline bench press and chest dip can be the two chest exercises that we need to build a chest. However every time i do chest or tricep dip, i feel pain in my left shoulder and cannot perform the exercise correctly. Is it normal to feel this pain? Is there any substitute for both types dip?

It might just mean that you need to work a little bit more on your shoulder mobility. If you aren't already, do the warm-ups in the video below before EVERY workout session. And for now with your dips, only goes as low as your mobility will allow (without pain), as you work on improving your mobility.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
Goku007
Goku007 g Vyas
58 Post(s)
58 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: February 2, 2018
Posted

It may be cause of my shoulder mobility but i only think that it's cause of shoulder fatigue since its a push day and dips is one of my last exercises. I was thinking about switching the chest dip with 5 sets bench press, 3 sets decline and 3 sets incline chest fly. I'm trying to minimise the amount of exercises and smash them with many sets.

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

It may be cause of my shoulder mobility but i only think that it's cause of shoulder fatigue since its a push day and dips is one of my last exercises. I was thinking about switching the chest dip with 5 sets bench press, 3 sets decline and 3 sets incline chest fly. I'm trying to minimise the amount of exercises and smash them with many sets.

Yeah shoulder fatigue might be playing a part too. But definitely start working on mobility more if you aren't already. You can play around with the exercises if you like and you might find something that works better for you - it's good that you are minimizing your exercises and hitting them with more sets! Maybe even do 5 sets for each of the 3 exercises for 15 sets total?

Goku007
Goku007 g Vyas
58 Post(s)
Posted

Sure you're right!

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Sure you're right!

Awesome man! See how that goes! Still try to improve the shoulder mobility with dips while you're at it if you can 😁 

Goku007
Goku007 g Vyas
58 Post(s)
Posted

Definitely XD having healthy shoulders will help me in more than just dips

Scott_Herman
7.1K Post(s)
Posted

Definitely XD having healthy shoulders will help me in more than just dips

That's right! Keep up the #GokuGains bro!

Goku007
Goku007 g Vyas
58 Post(s)
Posted

Haha yes!

«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .