«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: STEMJeff

Wow thank you! That's a great tip. Super simple change on my rest days. Would you count days like today where I did Circuit C only as a "rest day"?

If I were to go up another 100 calories, should I basically split those calories equally between all macros, or more like 50/30/20 (P/C/F)?

I don't want to make the same errors I made last time I tried to bulk - too many carbs and not enough protein and fat.

Thanks for the help as always!

Yeah I would probably count today as a kind of rest day. At least start with it like that and see how you go over a few weeks.

You can definitley split up another 100 calories equally between your 3 macros. To avoid the same errors you made last time, maybe just try your best to keep carbs under 300g-350g if you think you gain fat easily when they go too high.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
STEMJeff
STEMJeff g
90 Post(s)
90 Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Gain Muscle Date Joined: December 12, 2017
Posted

2 Week update. I'm up a pound to 166 and still at 13% BF.

Should I consider adding another 100 calories to my daily intake?

Nutrition has been pretty good except maybe 100 to 200 calories worth of dark chocolate almost every day. Hitting 220 to 240 protein each day too.

If I add 100 to my calorie intake daily, here's my figured macros...

BMR at rest: 1712

BMR in motion: 2653

Body fat: 13%

Calorie goal: 2900

Protein: 230 g

Fat: 98 g

Calories from Protein and Fat: 1802

Carb calories: 1098

Carbs: 275 g

Scott_Herman
Scott_Herman a Scott Herman
7.1K Post(s)
7.1K Post(s) Gender: Male Goal: Bodybuilding Date Joined: August 8, 2008
Posted
Posted By: STEMJeff

2 Week update. I'm up a pound to 166 and still at 13% BF.

Should I consider adding another 100 calories to my daily intake?

Nutrition has been pretty good except maybe 100 to 200 calories worth of dark chocolate almost every day. Hitting 220 to 240 protein each day too.

If I add 100 to my calorie intake daily, here's my figured macros...

BMR at rest: 1712

BMR in motion: 2653

Body fat: 13%

Calorie goal: 2900

Protein: 230 g

Fat: 98 g

Calories from Protein and Fat: 1802

Carb calories: 1098

Carbs: 275 g

Looking good @STEMJeff! It's probably a good idea to try adding an extra 100 calories to your daily total. Those numbers you've got look good, but you may as well just bump the fats straight up to 100g just to make it a round number 😁 

1 pound in 2 weeks is actually still good remember. That would be 2lbs per month and potentially 20-25lbs by the end of the year if you could continue at that rate! But an extra 100 calories daily is worth a shot for sure, just to give you that little bit extra oomph.

Need 1 on 1 coaching? Send me a direct message to learn more!
«
Page 2 of 2 ▾
muscular strength
 You must be a Member to view or reply this tread. Please Log In or become a Member .